Air fryer Cabbage is so tasty with Italian-inspired flavor! Super easy and only a few ingredients needed - making this a simple side dish to prepare.
🎥 Watch Video
❤️ Why You'll Love This
"This Italian inspired air fryer cabbage recipes is so simple to prepare ad tastes so great. The cabbage gets a delicious slightly crispy outside and tender on the inside. Enjoy!" -Kori
Okay, five ingredients and about 20 minutes cook time and you've got yourself a delicious vegetable side dish. Toss the cabbage wedges with the olive oil and seasoning an air fry. That's it.
I NEVER used to like cabbage until I was an adult and made roasted cabbage. So so good. I have been converted and now I make cabbage a lot.
This version has an Italian spin and is topped with cheese. You can go wrong with cheese, right? Unless you're going dairy-free. If so, simply omit it. It will still be good!
This air fried cabbage recipe is quite healthy! This recipe is gluten-free, low carb, keto, and has no added sugar.
How To Serve
Here are some ways you can serve this vegetable side dish:
- Goes great with just about any main dish but here are four that would be amzing with this Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs, Cordon Bleu Stuffed Pork Loin, Dry Rub Grilled Chicken, and Herb Butter Steak
- Goes great with these air fryer recipes: Chicken Tenders, Crab Cakes, Salmon Patties.
- Serve it for breakfast with some cooked crumbled bacon and eggs.
- Cook in slices instead of wedges and top with a burger patty, pulled pork, or something with gravy or a sauce like beef stroganoff
Here are the ingredients you'll need to make air fryer cabbage:
See the recipe card for quantities.
- Cabbage - I used green cabbage, but you can also use red cabbage.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder - I recommend using garlic powder instead of minced garlic because fresh garlic burns very easily. If you want to use fresh, add it near the end of cooking.
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese - Top the cabbage with parmesan at the end. Cotija cheese is also a fantastic cheese to top this cabbage with.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Equipment and tools needed to make this recipe:
- Air Fryer - I use the Ninja Foodi which air fries and pressure cooks, but this Instant Pot Air Fryer is a great model too.
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Make it dairy free by omitting the cheese.
- Sprinkle the cabbage with any favorite cheese - it doesn't have to be parmesan.
- Play around with the herbs and try different seasoning.
- You can cut into cabbage "steaks" (slices) instead of wedges if you want.
Here's how to make cabbage in air fryer:
For complete instructions, please see the printable recipe card below.
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Mix olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
Toss Cabbage with Seasoning
Place cabbage wedges in a large bowl and coat with olive oil and seasoning mixture.
Place wedges in the air fryer basket and cook 15 to 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes. The cabbage is done when it is fork tender. (Note: the thicker your slices, the longer it will take.)
Adjust seasoning to liking. Serve and enjoy!
- There is a variance in cooking times and temperature among air fryer brands. The first time you make this recipe watch the asparagus carefully and take note of any time and temperature adjustments you had to make for the next time you make this recipe.
- The thicker the slices the longer they will take to cook. Keep your slices about 1 to 1-1/2" thick.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste after cooking.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water to the bottom of the air fryer drawer or pan to help reduce smoke from the fryer. Check your manufacturer instructions to see if it is okay to add a little water to your unit before doing so though.
Can you air fry cabbage?
Yes! You can air fry cabbage at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until tender. Cut the cabbage into 1" to 1-1/2" slices. See the full recipe below for details.
How to cook cabbage in an air fryer
Preheat the fryer to 350 F for 5 minutes. Toss 1 pound cabbage with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Air fry for 10 minutes, turn the cabbage over. Continue cooking for 10 to 15 more minutes or until tender.
How to reheat cabbage in an air fryer
To reheat cabbage in an air fryer, preheat to 350F for 5 minutes. Place cabbage in the basket and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until heated through.
How long to cook cabbage in air fryer
Cook cabbage in the air fryer for 20 to 25 minutes (or until tender) at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
How long will air fried cabbage keep?
Cooked cabbage will keep 2 to 3 days.
How to store cabbage after cooking
Store cooked cabbage in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Is cabbage keto?
Yes, cabbage is keto. 1/8 of a head of cabbage has only 4.7 net carbs. For more information on what foods are keto, see my keto food list.
✔️ Related Recipes
More Cabbage Recipes
Here are a few more recipes that call for cabbage. I think you'll like these!
- Roasted Red Cabbage Recipe
- Italian Roasted Cabbage Slices
- Best Corned Beef Recipe (Slow Cooker and Instant Pot)
Air Fryer Side Dishes
If you are looking for more delicious air fryer side dishes, here are a few of my favorites! 🙂
⭐ Stay Connected
If you tried this air fryer cabbage recipe, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give the recipe a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!