Air fryer Cabbage is so tasty with Italian-inspired flavor! Super easy and only a few ingredients needed - making this a simple side dish to prepare.
🎥 Watch Video
Why You'll ❤️ Air Fried Cabbage
"This Italian inspired air fryer cabbage recipes is so simple to prepare ad tastes so great. The cabbage gets a delicious slightly crispy outside and tender on the inside. Enjoy!" -Kori
Okay, five ingredients and about 20 minutes cook time and you've got yourself a delicious vegetable side dish. Toss the cabbage wedges with the olive oil and seasoning an air fry. That's it.
I NEVER used to like cabbage until I was an adult and made roasted cabbage. So so good. I have been converted and now I make cabbage a lot.
This version has an Italian spin and is topped with cheese. You can go wrong with cheese, right? Unless you're going dairy-free. If so, simply omit it. It will still be good!
This air fried cabbage recipe is quite healthy! This recipe is gluten-free, low carb, keto, and has no added sugar.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients and equipment you'll need to make air fryer cabbage:
- Cabbage - I used green cabbage, but you can also use red cabbage.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder - I recommend using garlic powder instead of minced garlic because fresh garlic burns very easily. If you want to use fresh, add it near the end of cooking.
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese - Top the cabbage with parmesan at the end. Cotija cheese is also a fantastic cheese to top this cabbage with.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Equipment and tools needed to make this recipe:
- Air Fryer - I use the Ninja Foodi which air fries and pressure cooks, but this Instant Pot Air Fryer is a great model too.
🔪 How To Cook Cabbage in Air Fryer
Here's how to make this cabbage air fryer recipe:
For complete instructions, please see the printable recipe card below.
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Mix olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
Toss Cabbage with Seasoning
Place cabbage wedges in a large bowl and coat with olive oil and seasoning mixture.
Place wedges in the air fryer basket and cook 15 to 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes. The cabbage is done when it is fork-tender. (Note: the thicker your slices, the longer it will take.)
🥗 How To Serve
Here are some ways you can serve this air fryer cabbage:
- Goes great with these air fryer recipes: Chicken Tenders, Crab Cakes, Salmon Patties.
- Serve it for breakfast with some cooked crumbled bacon and eggs.
- Cook in slices instead of wedges and top with a burger patty, pulled pork, or something with gravy or a sauce like beef stroganoff
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Make it dairy free by omitting the cheese.
- Sprinkle the cabbage with any favorite cheese - it doesn't have to be parmesan.
- Play around with the herbs and try different seasoning.
- You can cut into cabbage "steaks" (slices) instead of wedges if you want.
💭 Top Tips
- There is a variance in cooking times and temperature among air fryer brands. The first time you make this recipe watch the cabbage carefully and take note of any time and temperature adjustments you had to make for the next time you make this recipe.
- The thicker the slices the longer they will take to cook. Keep your slices about 1 to 1-1/2" thick.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste after cooking.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water to the bottom of the air fryer drawer or pan to help reduce smoke from the fryer. Check your manufacturer's instructions to see if it is okay to add a little water to your unit before doing so, though.
Yes! You can air fry cabbage at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until tender. Cut the cabbage into 1u0022 to 1-1/2u0022 slices. See the full recipe below for details.
Preheat the fryer to 350 F for 5 minutes. Toss 1 pound cabbage with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Air fry for 10 minutes, turn the cabbage over. Continue cooking for 10 to 15 more minutes or until tender.
To reheat cabbage in an air fryer, preheat to 350F for 5 minutes. Place cabbage in the basket and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until heated through.
Cook cabbage in the air fryer for 20 to 25 minutes (or until tender) at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Store cooked cabbage in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Yes, cabbage is keto. 1/8 of a head of cabbage has only 4.7 net carbs. For more information on what foods are keto, see my keto food list.
Air Fryer Cabbage
- ½ medium head of cabbage (about 5" in diameter, sliced into 4 wedges)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Place cabbage wedges in a large bowl and coat with olive oil and seasoning mixture.
- Place wedges in the air fryer basket and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, flipping after 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to liking. Serve and enjoy!
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Use any favorite cheese or herb mix. You can use a larger cabbage and cut it into 6 wedges. You will need to increase the ingredients slightly.
- TOP TIPS:
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer.
- Each air fryer is different, so time and temperature may vary with your fryer model. Watch the cabbage closely the first time you make this recipe. Reduce the heat if it is getting dark too quickly. The best thickness for air frying cabbage is about 1 to 1-1/2".
- The cabbage will begin to shrink as it cooks and the leaves become looser. Use a spatula to carefully turn the cabbage or you can use a skewer to hold the cabbage together while cooking.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™
More Air Fryer Side Dishes
If you are looking for more delicious air fryer side dishes, here are a few of my favorites! 🙂
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Frozen Broccoli in Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Beets With Rosemary and Balsamic Glaze
- Asparagus in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Cheese Curds