Deliciously simple and perfectly roasted air fryer broccoli and cauliflower! The perfect healthy side dish - customize your seasoning any way you like it, make it with only 5 ingredients and 16 minutes start to finish! Ta-da!
Why You'll ❤️ Broccoli and Cauliflower in Air Fryer
"Fried broccoli and cauliflower in air fryer is literally one of my favorite side dishes to make. It's easy and healthy - and my whole family will eat it."
This is a quick and simple side dish with only 5 ingredients and about 11 minutes air fryer cooking time.
Delicious Side Dish
You will love this side dish recipe. Who knew that a roasted broccoli and cauliflower recipe could taste so amazing with something as simple as lemon pepper? 😉 The vegetables get nicely caramelized in the air fryer bringing out their flavor.
This healthy side dish is gluten free, low carb, keto, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, and sugar free. Yep. All that.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make air fryer broccoli and cauliflower:
Broccoli and Cauliflower Florets - fresh broccoli and cauliflower florets work best for this recipe because you can control the size of the florets. You can use frozen but cauliflower cooks faster than the broccoli so it is hard to get them done at the same time.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - you can also use avocado oil. You can also use olive oil spray.
Lemon Pepper - a very common salted seasoning blend that tastes fantastic on vegetables!
Salt and Black Pepper
Optional for Serving - parmesan cheese, chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, thyme, dill, basil. Red pepper flakes to add spice.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make It
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making air fryer broccoli and cauliflower:
Cut cauliflower and broccoli into florets. The broccoli florets should be slightly smaller as it takes longer to cook.
Preheat the air fryer to 360° F.
In a large bowl toss broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.
Add florets to the air fryer basket.
Air fry for 8 to 11 minutes, shaking the basket half way after about 5 minutes.
Continue to cook until tender crsip or desired tenderness is reached.
🥗 How To Serve It
Here are a few ways to serve air fryer broccoli and cauliflower:
Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper or more lemon pepper if needed.
Garnish with chopped fresh herbs such as chives, parsley, or basil.
Serve with a little parmesan cheese and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Spice it up by adding cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes.
- Use an alternative salted seasoning such as this Chipotle Seasoning, Taco Seasoning, etc.
- Use garlic powder, onion powder, or paprika to boost the flavor.
- If you are following keto increase the healthy fat by using more olive oil, serving with grated cheese, or drizzling with a sauce such as this Big Mac Sauce.
💭 Top Tips
Make ahead tip: clean cut the broccoli and cauliflower florets ahead of time and store in a plastic bag until your are ready to air fry.
broccoli takes longer to cook than cauliflower. Cut your broccoli florets smaller than the cauliflower, and they will cook up at the same time.
Place vegetables in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
There are temperature variances among air fryer units. Know your air fryer and adjust this recipe accordingly.
How To Store Leftovers
To store leftover air fryer broccoli and cauliflower, let the vegetables cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. See reheating and freezing instructions below.
How To Reheat
Air Fryer: reheated 360 degree F air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until warm.
Microwave: in a microwave safe dish, cook cauliflower and broccoli on low until warm.
Broccoli and cauliflower should be cooked for approximately 8 to 12 minutes at 360 degrees F. The actual cooking time depends upon your model of air fryer and how large the vegetable pieces are.
Broccoli takes longer to cook than cauliflower so the broccoli florets should be cut smaller than the cauliflower.
Yes, broccoli and cauliflower are keto-friendly vegetables as they are low in carbs and very healthy for you.
For more information on what you can eat when following a keto diet please read this Printable Keto Food List PDF.
✔️ More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious air fryer vegetables, check these out:
- Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fryer Beets With Rosemary and Balsamic Glaze
- Air Fryer Cabbage
- Asparagus in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (Air Fryer)
- Best Recipe for Cauliflower Steaks
If you tried this recipe, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give it a 5-star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! Don't forget to tag #seekinggoodeats
Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 2 cups broccoli florets (cut into 1" florets)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets ( cut into 1½ to 2" florets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional for serving: parmesan cheese, chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, thyme, dill, basil. Red pepper flakes to add spice.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360° F.
- In a large bowl toss broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Add florets to the air fryer basket. Air fry for 8 to 11 minutes, shaking the basket half way about 5 minutes. Continue to cook until desired tenderness is reached.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Top with grated cheese at the end of air frying. Air fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute more until the cheese is melted. Omit the lemon pepper and use salt and pepper if preferred.
- TOP TIPS: broccoli takes longer to cook than cauliflower. Cut your broccoli florets smaller than the cauliflower, and they will cook up at the same time.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: I like to serve my veg with parmesan cheese, and some chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, thyme, dill, or basil. Red pepper flakes can be added for spice.
© 2024 Seeking Good Eats™