This easy Air Fryer Broccoli recipe is one of my favorite quick and easy vegetable side dishes! Only 4 ingredients and 12 minutes from start to finish. Keep it basic or spice it up any way you want.
Why You'll ❤️ Broccoli in Air Fryer
"Oven-roasted broccoli was always one of my favorite vegetables to make, but I've got news! The air fryer is genius at cooking broccoli and speeds up the process - which I love even more." 😉
This air fryer broccoli recipe is made with only 4 ingredients as a base. You can always add other ingredients that you may already have on hand such as other seasonings, red pepper flakes, or parmesan cheese!
Broccoli is such a great vegetable because you can add pretty much any seasonings you like, and it will take on that flavor!
This recipe as it is is keto, low-carb, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, Whole30, paleo, and dairy free! Adjust the recipe in any way to meet your dietary needs.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make broccoli in air fryer:
Broccoli - break down your own head of broccoli or buy pre-cut florets if you prefer.
Olive Oil - or use your preferred oil type.
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make Broccoli in Air Fryer
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making broccoli in air fryer:
Start by preheating your air fryer to 360 degrees F.
Place your broccoli florets into a large mixing bowl and drizzle your olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix until all broccoli florets are evenly covered.
Place broccoli into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry for 6 to 10 minutes (turning halfway) or until broccoli reaches the desired level of tenderness. (1½" florets approximately 6 to 9 min, 2" florets 7 to 10 min)
Adjust seasoning to taste.
🥗 How To Serve It
Here are a few ways to serve this air fried broccoli:
Serve the broccoli as is, or top with grated parmesan cheese, feta, or crumbled goat cheese.
Season your broccoli additionally with whatever you like! Some suggestions would be garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, some fresh lemon juice, or your favorite seasoning blend.
Make it loaded broccoli and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon, then air fry for 1 or 2 minutes until cheese is melted, then top with sliced green onion and sour cream.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Substitute broccoli with different cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower or Brussel sprouts for the same result.
- Use any salted seasoning blend (lemon pepper, Cajun, chipotle, Thai) in place of salt and pepper; adjust to taste.
- If you want to make larger batches, roast in the oven at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes turning halfway.
- I love adding fresh garlic the last couple of minutes of cooking. Add 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder, and then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
💭 Top Tips
- There are temperature variances among air fryer units. Know your air fryer and adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Don't forget to turn the broccoli halfway through cooking.
- Keep your eye on vegetables during the cooking process as the floret can burn quickly. Brown is good - burnt is not.
How To Store
Let the broccoli cool completely and store it in the refrigerator inside an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
How To Reheat
To re-crisp and warm, reheat your broccoli in the air fryer for 1 to 3 minutes at 360° F.
Yes, air fryer broccoli is quite healthy. This recipe uses a small amount of olive oil to crisp
The best way to keep the broccoli from becoming soggy is to not overcook it.
Air fryers use convection heat, which means heating from all sides. The heads of the broccoli crown are a bit fragile and can cook or burn much faster than the base. Because you are roasting the vegetable, a bit a browning on the heads is good and adds taste - burnt is not okay. Broccoli cooks quickly in the air fryer so be sure to keep your eye on it.
✔️ More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
Here are some more delicious air fryer vegetable recipes to try:
- Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts
- Frozen Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fried Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Air Fryer Cabbage
- Asparagus in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
Easy Air Fryer Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli (cut into 1½ to 2" florets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 360° F.
- Place broccoli into the air fryer basket in a single-layer.
- Air fry for 6 to 10 minutes (turning halfway) or until broccoli reaches the desired level of tenderness. (1½" florets 6 to 9 min, 2" florets 7 to 10 min)
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Use any salted seasoning blend (lemon pepper, Cajun, chipotle, Thai) in place of salt and pepper; adjust to taste.
- TOP TIPS: Air frying broccoli is a roasting technique. The tops will brown in spots and the inside will be tender. Broccoli can burn quickly - brown is good, burnt is bad.
© 2022 Seeking Good Eats™