Low Carb Keto Italian Dressing Recipe is delicious and super easy with simple ingredients you can find right in your pantry! Use this zesty healthy keto salad dressing on salads, a marinade for meat or veggies, or even a dip!
🎥 Recipe Video
❤️ Keto Italian Dressing
"If you are looking for a fantastic zesty Italian dressing this is it! It's easy to throw together and tastes MUCH better than any store-bought version I've tried. Enjoy!" 🙂 -Kori
Super Easy to Make
There is little comparison to the taste you get from making your own homemade salad dressing. Even the healthier keto bottled versions don't compare to how fresh this is.
There are 10 very common ingredients in this recipe, and you basically throw everything in a bowl or a lidded jar and mix it. I love to refrigerate it for a bit to allow the flavors to blend, but you don't have to.
So Much Flavor
There is so much flavor in this salad dressing recipe! My favorite part is the cheese. It is very similar in taste to an Italian vinaigrette like Olive Garden's Italian Dressing. Maybe I should have called it copycat Olive Garden Dressing recipe. 🙂
Healthy Salad Dressing
I think you'll love that this italian salad dressing recipe is low carb, keto, and gluten free! So, on top of being easy, it's also quite healthy. Yay!
While the full nutritional value is provided at the end of the recipe card, here are the most important if you're following a low carb keto diet:
12.7 g fat | 0.4 g net carbs | 0.4 g protein
If you are interested in keto be sure to get our FREE keto food list and shopping list!
🥗 How To Use
Need easy serving suggestions? Here are some ways that you can serve your Italian salad dressing:
- It's an amazing marinade for chicken, turkey, pork, even seafood! Whether you bake, grill, broil, pressure cook, or air fry your meal this marinade will work.
- Toss some vegetables with marinade then grill or roast them, delicious!
- Drizzle over a nice fresh green salad.
- Dip for raw vegetables - get the full list of keto vegetables here
🥘 Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you'll need to make this Italian Salad Dressing:
- Olive Oil - use 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Vinegar - I used white wine vinegar but you could just as easily use red wine vinegar, coconut vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or even plain white vinegar.
- Garlic -fresh minced garlic
- Parmesan Cheese - use the finely grated kind. If you are dairy-free or vegan, omit the cheese.
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon Juice - fresh squeezed is always best, but in a pinch use bottled.
- Italian Seasoning
- Kosher Salt
There are several ways you can vary or make substitutions to this Italian dressing recipe:
- Play around with different types of herbs. You can easily substitute fresh herbs for dried - even the Italian seasoning blend (basil, oregano, thyme, marjoram, and rosemary)
- Using different vinegars will give you a different taste. Use more or less vinegar and lemon juice to adjust the tanginess of this dressing.
🔪 How To Make Italian Dressing
Here's how to make keto Italian dressing - it's VERY EASY!!
Add all ingredients to a bowl or a lidded jar. Whisk or shake until blended. If you've got the time I recommend that you refrigerate the dressing 1 to 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste, serve.
💭 Expert Tips
- Use the freshest ingredients.
- Save time and use a jar with a lid to mix and store your dressing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- This recipe serves 18 because it can be stored for so long. If you don't need that many servings, feel free to half the recipe.
❓ Common Questions
How do you store keto low carb italian dressing?
Store in an air-tight pourable container with a tight lid that you can use to shake the dressing before serving.
How long can you keep homemade italian dressing?
How long your homemade italian dressing will keep depends on what you have added to. Because this recipe use dried herbs, it will keep up to 2 weeks. If you use fresh herbs it will keep for 3 to 4 days.
Is Italian dressing gluten free
This italian salad dressing recipe is gluten free, but other recipes and store-bought bottled dressing may contain gluten.
Is Italian dressing keto friendly
This italian dressing recipe is keto friendly and has only 0.4 carbs in total.
How many carbs in Italian dressing?
The carb content of salad dressing can vary wildly, but this recipe only contains 0.7 g carbs, 0.3 g dietary fiber, and 0.4 g net carbs.
Can you make keto italian dressing ahead?
Yes, this keto Italian vinaigrette dressing can easily be made ahead. Store it in a glass jar that you can use for serving as well.
Salad Dressing Recipes
Here are a few more salad dressings you might like! All are easy and healthy, low carb, and keto.
Looking for more salad recipes? You'll love these keto and low carb recipes:
- Italian Antipasto Salad Platter Recipe
- Best Greek Salad Recipe (Keto Low Carb)
- Thai Peanut Salad Recipe (Low Carb Keto Salad)
- Layered Salad (Layered Overnight Salad)
- Low Carb Coleslaw (Dill Pickle Slaw)
⭐ How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review our recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is appreciated! 🙂
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
The BEST easy zesty Italian dressing recipe. Homemade Italian dressing is super easy with simple ingredients from your pantry! This healthy low carb keto Italian dressing recipe is perfect on salads, as a marinade, or a dip.