This Blue Cheese Wedge Salad recipe is a simple and delicious salad with fresh, crisp iceberg lettuce drizzled with homemade blue cheese dressing and topped with crunchy bacon, cheese, and fresh tomatoes. Customize this salad with your own favorite ingredients. Make it keto or make it low fat. Let's make it!
- 🎥 Watch Wedge Salad Recipe Video
- You'll Love This Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Ingredients Needed Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- How To Make Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
- What To Serve With Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
- Top Tips
- Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- ✔️ More Salad Recipes
🎥 Watch Wedge Salad Recipe Video
You'll Love This Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
"If you're a blue cheese fan, you are gonna love this. Super easy to assemble, customize it any way you want, it tastes delicious - AND, you can serve it as a side salad or for dinner! What's not to love?" 😉 -Kori
A classic wedge salad that everyone loves! Even my kids will eat it. If anyone balks at blue cheese dressing, substitute their favorite dressing! 🙂
Side Salad or Main Dish Recipe
Add diced chicken, and you've got a cobb salad. Actually, with the egg, bacon, and veggies, this can be a main dish salad. I love to chop up the ingredients ahead of time (store separately) and take it for lunch! Iceberg lettuce keeps really well in a container.
Mix and match your favorite veggies - there are no rules! You can even use a different, favorite dressing - or a different cheese (like more blue cheese?). So many options!
Not Just A Keto Wedge Salad
This isn't just for keto followers - it's for everyone. Make this healthy salad in whatever manner fits your dietary needs.
Due to the healthy fat content, this is the perfect low-carb and keto wedge salad recipe. If you make our super easy blue cheese dressing recipe, there is no sugar added, and it is homemade healthy, and gluten-free.
Make it low-fat by using a low-fat or fat-free salad dressing, reducing the amount of cheese and bacon called for.
Ingredients Needed Wedge Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Here's what you'll need to make this classic blue cheese wedge salad:
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing - make our absolutely delicious homemade blue cheese dressing - or buy a favorite store brand.
- Cooked and Crumbled Bacon - bacon on any salad is a classic!
- Blue Cheese Crumbles - blue cheese crumbles are perfect but any favorite such as shredded cheddar cheese would work too!
- Chopped Tomato
- Optional - use any other favorite salad ingredients such as chopped cucumber, eggs, chives, green onions, toasted nuts, croutons, etc.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
How To Make Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this blue cheese wedge salad:
Cook the bacon, drain and crumble.
Hard boil eggs (if using) and let cool. Once cool, peel and slice.
Chop all vegetables.
Halve a head of iceberg lettuce from top to bottom. Slice the half into four wedges.
Make the Salad Dressing
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
If the dressing thickens use cream, milk, or half and half until dressing reaches the desired consistency. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
Store additional dressing in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
Place iceberg lettuce wedge on a plate and top with the salad dressing, bacon crumbles, cheese, and any other salad ingredient you might enjoy. Serve immediately.
What To Serve With Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
Here are a few ways to serve this blue cheese wedge salad:
How to serve it:
Serve on individual plates or all on a single platter.
Garnish with fresh chives or parsley, and freshly ground black pepper.
Instead of iceberg lettuce, you can use halved romaine lettuce.
What to serve with it:
- Cowboy Ribeye Steak with Cumin Chili Rub
- Grilled Pork Steak Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Here are a few ways you can customize this salad recipe:
- Use any favorite salad dressing!
- Top the wedge with your favorite salad toppings, including toasted nuts, croutons, and other vegetables such as diced cucumber, and sliced radish.
- Turn it into a cobb salad by topping it with diced chicken and a hard-boiled egg.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make it low-fat by using or making the dressing with low-fat sour cream and fat-free half and half instead of cream.
- Time-saver: Prep everything in advance and keep it in your fridge until ready to assemble. It makes a great make-ahead lunch option too!
How To Store
In this blue cheese wedge recipe, there are 5 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fiber, and 4 net carbs.
Yes, blue cheese is keto-friendly due to its low-carb and high fat content.
It is best to make only what you plan to eat. Once assembled, the lettuce can become soggy. I recommend that you pre-prep all the ingredients, store what you need in the refrigerator, then assemble each wedge when you are ready to eat.
Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Wedge Salad Ingredients
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing (make your own or use a store brand)
- 4 bacon slices (cooked and crumbled)
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (or other shredded cheese such as cheddar)
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- optional: chopped hard-boiled eggs, diced cucumber, chives or green onions.
Homemade Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use. If the dressing thickens use cream, milk, or half and half until dressing reaches the desired consistency. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Store additional dressing in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Halve the iceberg lettuce from top to bottom. Slice the half into four wedges.
- Place on a plate and top with salad dressing, bacon, cheese, and tomato. Serve immediately.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- TIP: You can prep everything in advance and keep in your fridge until ready to assemble. Makes a great make-ahead lunch option too!
- VARIATIONS: Use any favorite salad dressing (ranch, caesar, etc.); top with any favorite salad vegetable, crouton, or toasted nuts; halve romaine lettuce instead of iceberg.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Garnish with fresh herbs and freshly grated black pepper. Serve on individual plates or a single platter.
© 2024 Seeking Good Eats™
✔️ More Salad Recipes
Here are a few more delicious (yet easy) salad recipes I think you'll love!
- Layered Salad (Layered Overnight Salad)
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Best Greek Salad Recipe
- Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad (with Pasta or Cauliflower)
- Italian Antipasto Salad Platter Recipe
This wedge salad with blue cheese is easy and delicious. You'll love that you don't even have to chop the lettuce! Make this in 10 minutes (or less) - a simple fresh, healthy recipe. This is gluten free, low carb, and the BEST keto wedge salad recipe! A super easy side dish that pairs perfectly with chicken, pork, beef, even hamburgers. Make it a main dish by adding chicken or shrimp. Yum. #salad #bluecheese #wedgesalad #bluecheesewedge #lowcarb #lowcarbrecipes #keto #ketorecipes