Healthy Stir Fry Sauce (Keto Stir Fry Sauce) is a simple yet flavorful 6-ingredient recipe that you can use on just about any Asian recipe. Made healthier using coconut aminos and a low carb thickener, you'll love how quick and easy it is to make!
Why You Will Love Keto Stir Fry Sauce
The Best Stir Fry Sauce
I know, I created this recipe so I may be slightly partial to the fact that I think this is the BEST stir fry sauce. Maybe, but I will say that I'm super picky about sauces and since I could never find a store-bought sauce that I loved enough.
So, I decided to make my own. This version has my top Asian flavors all in one - sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and soy sauce (I used Coconut Aminos).
Easy To Make
With only 6 ingredients and no cooking involved you really can make this recipe in just a few minutes. Everything goes into the bowl, and it gets stirred. SUPER easy!
Healthy Low Carb and Keto
To make a healthy low carb and keto stir fry I used Coconut Aminos Soy instead of standard soy sauce. There is no added sugar in this recipe and a small amount of xanthan gum was used as a low carb thickener.
While the full nutritional value is provided at the end of the recipe card, here are the most important if you're following a low carb keto diet:
How To Serve
This is a pretty diverse stir fry sauce that can be used in just about any stir fry! Here are some additional ways to serve if you want more inspiration!
- Sauce up any favorite Asian inspired recipe you love. Great over steamed rice (if you're not following a low carb diet), or riced/steamed vegetables.
- Makes a great sauce or marinade for shrimp, scallops, salmon, cod, and most fish. Works great on chicken and pork too!
- Use as a salad dressing with fresh green salad or roasted veggies. Note that if you use this as a salad dressing, you will not need the thickener.
What You Will Need
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- 2 small mixing bowls
- small whisk
- measuring spoons
- measuring cup
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos soy sauce or tamari sauce (or, soy sauce if not following keto)
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (or, 2 tsp cornstarch if not following keto)
How To Make
In a small bowl add coconut aminos soy sauce, garlic, ginger paste, and red pepper flakes.
In a separate small bowl add sesame oil. Dissolve xanthan gum in the sesame oil and mix in with the stir fry sauce.
Pour stir fry sauce over your stir fry and toss for 1 to 2 minutes. Sauce will continue to thicken. Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to adjust ingredients to your liking. If you like more heat, add more red pepper flakes. Love sesame oil, garlic, or ginger? Add more. Enjoy!
- This stir fry sauce works as a salad dressing as well. Do not add the xanthan gum or thickener if using as a dressing.
- To use as a marinade simply place your seafood, chicken, or pork in an airtight container or plastic bag and pour the sauce over. Let marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- To use it as a sauce, simply heat the sauce on the stove and stir until it starts to thicken. Drizzle over fish, chicken, or pork.
Is Stir Fry Sauce bad for you?
While this certainly depends upon what stir fry sauce you choose, many store-bought sauces contain a lot of salt, msg, and other typically unhealthy ingredients. This recipe has only simple ingredients and uses coconut aminos soy sauce and a low carb thickener.
Are stir fries healthy?
Stir fries are typically healthy in that they include a lot of vegetables and often seafood, chicken, pork, or beef.
As with anything, your choice of sauces, the oil used to cook stir fry in, how many vegetables and they types of vegetables you use will alter the healthiness of our recipe. Using lean meats will lower the fat content if desired.
How do you make stir fry sauce from scratch?
A healthy stir fry is really quite simple to make from scratch.
Typically I use about 8 cups of bite-sized diced/sliced vegetables for every 1 lb of meat and then 1 recipe of this healthy stir fry sauce.
I heat about 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil wok or a skillet (that's big enough to hold your veggies) over medium-high heat. First, add the meat and stir fry until cooked. Remove, set aside and keep warm.
Start cooking the vegetables by adding the densest vegetables first like carrots and broccoli, then as they are almost cooked, add the next densest like onions, cabbage, and so on. Continually stir the vegetables until they reach your desired doneness.
Add the meat back to the pan then pour the stir fry sauce over and give it a toss. Turn heat to low, and continue to cook for about 2 more minutes. The sauce will thicken as it cooks.
If you prefer a much more exact recipe, try Keto Stir Fry With Shrimp - it's a favorite!!
More Asian Recipes To Try
- Mongolian Beef and Broccoli (Low Carb and Keto Chinese)
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Keto Stir Fry With Shrimp
- Crockpot Sesame Chicken
- Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Recipe (Thai Chicken Slow Cooker)
- 20+ Low Carb Chinese Food Recipes (Keto Chinese Takeout)
We'd Love To Hear From You
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
The BEST healthy stir fry sauce (low carb keto)! A simple yet flavorful six-ingredient sauce that you can use on just about any Asian recipe. Perfect in any stir fry whether you use chicken, seafood, pork, beef, or just vegetables! It also makes a great marinade! This low carb keto stir fry sauce works for just about anyone looking for a healthy stir fry recipe. #stirfrysauce #healthystirfry #asianrecipe #stirfry #chinese #lowcarb #keto #marinade #sauce #dressing #easyrecipe #healthyrecipe