Grilled Romaine Hearts (Easy Grilling Recipe), is a super simple recipe for the tastiest – yet surpising – vegetable to grill! So easy to make with only 4 ingredients and 2 minutes on the grill. This is the perfect foolproof recipe for your next cookout or BBQ. Grilled romaine hearts are a low carb, keto, paleo, and Whole30 food friendly grilling recipe!
Grilled Romaine Hearts
The easiest grilled vegetables to make are grilled romaine hearts! This grilled romaine lettuce recipe is tasty! With minimal ingredients and only 2 minutes grill time, these are quick to make! A healthy recipe, perfect for your next weeknight dinner, cookout, or barbecue. Quick and easy, tasty BBQ perfection! A low carb, whole food, Whole30, and Keto recipe that everyone will love. #healthyrecipe #vegetables #grilling #bbq #cookout #barbecue #keto #lowcarb #whole #cleaneating #seekinggoodeats
Why You Will Love This Grilled Romaine Lettuce Recipe
Easy Grilling Recipe
Cooking vegetables on the grill has always been a favorite way to eat veggies. I love the smokey chargrilled taste that you get! So delicious.
Grilling romaine lettuce is one of the easiest grilling recipes you’ll ever make. Simply brush halved romaine hearts with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill and 2 minutes later, voila!
Grilled Romaine – Dressed Up
I am giving you the simple easy version of grilled romaine. While it tastes great as is, you can certainly dress it up if you want. Make the recipe as listed below, but dress it up with the following:
- Top with crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese, or blue cheese.
- Make a grilled romaine caesar salad. You can either leave it as whole and top it with croutons, parmesan, and caesar dressing, or you can rough cut it into pieces. I would even go so far as to add bacon and tomato chunks.
- Top with goat cheese and fresh thyme
- Brush with a little melted garlic and herb compound butter instead of olive oil. Proceed with recipe as listed below.
What Should You Serve With Grilled Romaine Hearts?
Since the grill is going, it would be super convenient to make your main dish and your sides on the grill at the same time! Here are three really good, simple recipes. Simple and easy is good, right?
- Grilled Butter Steak
- Grilled Chicken With White Barbecue Sauce (this is the MOST delicious sauce, EVER and would be amazing over grilled romaine)
- Easy Baby Back Ribs
A Low Carb, Whole, Paleo, and Keto Recipe
With 14 grams fat, 0.2 grams of protein, and 1.3 grams net carbs, grilled romaine hearts are the perfect low carb, whole food, paleo, and keto recipe!
Want more low carb and easy keto grilling recipes? Check out Quick and Easy Low Carb and Keto Grilling Recipes, (HERE)
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Grilled Romaine Lettuce Recipe
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 2 romaine hearts, halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Gas grill (This is our gas grill and we love it. We’ve had it for about 5 or 6 years and it has been very reliable and have had no issues! Would highly recommend)
How To Make Grilled Romaine Hearts
Simple and delicious with only 4 ingredients. Here’s how you make it:
Preheat grill on high. Halve romaine hearts. Whisk olive and balsamic vinegar together.
With cut sides up, brush the romaine hearts with olive oil and balsamic mixture. Sprinkle salt and pepper
Grill (uncovered), cut side face down, for 2 minutes.
Flip and cook 1 additional minute. The lettuce should have that nice charred look on the outside but still be crisp on the indside.
That’s it! I told you it was simple…
Enjoy! The perfect easy meal – herbed butter steak with grilled romaine hearts.
Grilled Romaine Hearts (Easy Grilling Recipe)
- Prep Time: 2 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
2 romaine hearts, halved
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat grill on high. Halve romaine hearts. Whisk olive and balsamic vinegar together.
- With cut sides up, brush the romaine hearts with olive oil and balsamic mixture. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Grill (uncovered), cut side face down, for 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook 1 additional minute. The lettuce should have that nice charred look on the outside but still be crisp on the indside.
Keywords: grilled romaine
Popular Recipes You Will Love!
- Low Carb Tuna Casserole (Keto Friendly and Amazing!)
- Layered Salad
- Tasty Low Carb and Keto Zucchini Recipe Roundup
- Hawaiian Chicken Salad
- Blueberry Cheesecake Keto Ice Cream
- Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats
- Copy Cat Taco Seasoning Mix
I Would Love To Hear From You!
- Tell me how your healthy eating plan going? How do you juggle your diet plan with your lifestyle and family needs?
- Let me know how you like these recipes. Maybe you made the recipe but a different variation? I would love to hear about it!
- Get your recipe featured on this site! Feel free to send any of your favorite recipes and I’ll select a few from our readers to add to our site – and I’ll give you all the credit! Please only send recipes of your own creation!
Email me at email@example.com
Sign Up For Our Newsletter So You Don’t Miss Any Recipes
I’d love for you to sign up for our newsletter so you can get all the tasty goodness straight into your inbox. xoxo -Kori