Instant Pot Low Carb and Keto Chicken Soup, is a warm comforting soup filled with bits of tender chicken, vegetables, herbs, and delicious broth.
This healthy dinner is super simple and fast, making it perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Chicken soup freezes well so it also works great as a quick make-ahead, meal prep recipe.
You'll Love Instant Pot Keto Chicken Soup
This Instant Pot chicken soup recipe is quick and simple. As you might know by now, I am all about easy recipes. You'll love the homemade taste! -Kori
Easy Soup Recipe
Other than dicing the onion, carrots, and celery this recipe is quick and easy and requires very little effort. Gotta love an easy soup recipe!
You can make your own broth if you would like, but sometimes you're in a hurry and need to use store-bought chicken stock. It's totally okay, I do it a lot.
Chicken soup is total comfort food. There is just something about it that instantly makes you feel better. This recipe is designed to be easy so if you need comfort in a hurry you got it.
Truth be told several years ago I had a cold and I wanted real home cooked chicken soup - not from a can. This soup is the result and I think you'll love it! 🙂
Low Carb and Keto Instant Pot Recipe
As I have mentioned before, I am the only one on a ketogenic diet in my house and I love a recipe that everyone in my house will eat. I do not like making multiple meals so anything I can do to avoid this is a winner in my recipe book!
I love that this recipe is easily adaptable to your needs and tastes. It doesn't have to be keto or low carb. It can be low calorie and have pasta if you wish. Here are some ideas:
- Add pasta or rice (if not following a low carb or keto diet).
- Substitute zucchini spirals in place of pasta or even riced cauliflower instead of rice.
- Feel free to add more vegetables. Zucchini, squash, or a little chopped spinach or kale is nice.
- Use chicken thighs or chicken breasts depending upon the fat content you are looking for. Chicken thighs have a higher fat content than chicken breasts.
- Play around with different herb combinations, adding in your favorites to taste.
- Substitute ghee for the butter, or use a different oil such olive oil.
Ingredients and Tools
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 quarts of chicken stock or chicken bone broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1" pieces (you can also use chicken breast, but for a keto diet chicken thighs work best)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill or thyme (or, 2 tsp of dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- pressure cooker (this is my pressure cooker and I love it!)
- chef knife
- cutting board
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
Step by Step Instructions
A super easy recipe that you can tackle on a crazy evening! Here's how to make it:
- Set your pressure cooker to medium-high (or saute setting), melt butter, and saute vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, herbs, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Lock your lid on, then set your instant pot on High pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the pressure cooking cycle is complete, do a quick release.
- Season with salt and pepper and additional herbs if desired.
You're done...serve it up! Enjoy 🙂
Can you freeze chicken soup?
Yes! Chicken soup can easily be frozen. After it has cooled place in an airtight and freezer proof container. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in your refrigerator and reheat slowly on your stove on in a slow cooker.
How can I increase the healthy fat in this soup?
You can increase the healthy fat in this soup by adding more olive or avocado oil. You can also garnish with some avocado or even add some sour cream to the soup.
If you do add sour cream, make sure to cool the soup slightly, or mix the sour cream with some hot soup before adding. Cold sour cream added to hot soup will curdle.
How can I decrease the fat in this soup?
You can decrease the fat in this chicken soup by using less oil to saute the vegetables in. Substitute chicken breasts instead of thighs.
How do I make this a chicken noodle soup?
Add about 2 cups of dry pasta after the pressure cooking is done. Change you Instant Pot setting to saute medium-high and cook for about 6 minutes or until pasta reaches your desired tenderness.
📋 Printable Recipe
Here are some related recipes you might enjoy. All are made in a pressure cooker! 🙂
- Creamy Beef Taco Soup (Instant Pot Soup Recipe)
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup with Beer Brats (Keto Instant Pot Recipe)
- Easy Tomato and Basil Soup (Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Soup)
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
- 30+ Crockpot Soup Recipes (Low Carb and Keto)
- 20+ Low Carb Keto Soups (Easy Soup Recipes)
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review our recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is appreciated! 🙂
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Keto Instant Pot Chicken Soup is an easy soup recipe! This low carb & keto soup is a healthy recipe and can be customized to your taste and nutritional requirements. So easy you can whip together even if you're sick! Perfect keto recipe for beginners or the first time instant pot user! #chickensoup #instantpot #ketorecipeforbeginners #lowcarb #keto #ketosoup #healthyrecipe