Instant Pot Low Carb and Keto Chicken Soup, is a warm comforting soup filled with bits of tender chicken, vegetables, herbs, and delicious broth. This healthy dinner is super simple and fast, making it perfect for an easy weeknight meal. Chicken soup freezes well so it also works great as a quick make-ahead, meal prep recipe.
Looking For An Easy Instant Pot Dinner That is Also Keto and Low Carb?
This chicken soup is the easiest recipe. As you might know by now, I am all about simple recipes. You can make your own broth if you would like, but sometimes you’re in a hurry and need to use store bought chicken stock. It’s totally okay, I do it a lot. Other than dicing onion, carrots, and celery this recipe is quick and easy and requires very little effort.
As I have mentioned before, I am the only one on a ketogenic diet in my house and I love a recipe that everyone in my house will eat. I do not like making multiple meals so anything I can do to avoid this is a winner in my recipe book!
I love that this recipe is easily adaptable to your needs and tastes. It doesn’t have to be keto or low carb. It can be low calorie and have pasta if you wish. Feel free to add more vegetables like zucchini curls in place of pasta, or use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts depending upon the fat content your are looking for. Try playing around with different herb combinations, adding in your favorites to taste. You can even substitute the butter for ghee, or use different oil, or a nonstick spray. The options are endless!
How to Make This Instant Pot Low Carb Chicken Soup
On medium high or saute setting, melt butter and saute vegetables for 5 minutes.
Add chicken, broth, and herbs to vegetables. Set your instant pot on High for 4 minutes.
Cook and let pressure release naturally. Easy! You’re done!
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 tsp fresh dill or thyme
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- With your Instant Pot/pressure cooker on Saute setting, melt butter and saute onion, carrots, celery, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, broth, and herbs to pot.
- Seal lid and set pressure cooker on High for 4 minutes. Let pressure relieve naturally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Adjust herbs as needed.
- Voila! One pot yum.
If you wish to increase your fat content use boneless skinless chicken thighs in place of breast.
Add spirals of zucchini to add "pasta". Anyone not on a keto diet may want to add pasta and make this a chicken noodle soup.
Try adding thyme instead of dill for a change.
Try a small squeeze of lemon and lemon thyme with some dill. It's good!
Popular Recipes You Will Love:
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef Stroganoff
- Juicy Slow Cooker Tuscan Turkey Breast
- Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats
- Copy Cat Taco Seasoning Mix
I Would Love To Hear From You!
- Tell me how your healthy eating plan going? How do you juggle your diet plan with your lifestyle and family needs?
- Let me know how you like these recipes. Maybe you made the recipe but a different variation? I would love to hear about it!
- Get your recipe featured on this site! Feel free to send any of your favorite healthy recipes and I’ll select a few from our readers to add to the site – and you’ll get all the credit! Please only send recipes of your own creation!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up For Our Newsletter So You Don’t Miss Any Recipes
We’d love for you to sign up for our newsletter so you can get all the tasty goodness straight into your inbox. xoxo
I LOVE to be pinned!