Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork (Instant Pot BBQ Pork), is quick and easy to make – only 4 ingredients! Pork butt cooked in root beer comes out super moist and tender and has a mildly smokey sweet taste when combined with the dry rub and optional liquid smoke. This is a family favorite in our house! Yum! Makes great leftovers, or can be frozen for future meals. This recipe is keto and low carb friendly.
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork (Instant Pot BBQ Pork)
An easy slow cooker recipe! Slow cooker BBQ pulled pork is amazing!! This keto dinner only takes 4 ingredients and results in super moist and tender meat. Make this an instant pot BBQ pork, instructions included in the recipe. The perfect family-friendly low carb dinner. Served over a chaffle you will be in Heaven. Can also be served by itself, over a grilled portobello, or a bun. So good! #slowcooker #crockpot #instantpot #chaffle #pork #keto #lowcarb #easyketo #easydinner #ketodinner #seekinggoodeats
Why You Will Love Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork!
| Perfect For Everyone
It seems like everyone loves BBQ pulled pork! The best thing about this recipe is that you can customize it to your family’s favorite dry rub and barbecue sauce. Check out my dry rub recipe that is amazing on pork!
| Best BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe
This is the best BBQ pulled pork recipe because it is super simple to make and tastes REALLY good.
| Slow Cooker or Instant Pot Method
Two methods to make this recipe – in your slow cooker or instant pot! I love the slow cooker because it’s fuss-free and hands-off, but instant pot works great if you forgot to start your roast or your wondering what to make right now! 🙂
| Easy BBQ Pulled Pork!
This is a quick and easy recipe with only 4 ingredients, that can be made in less than 5 minutes in the morning. Voila! When you return at night you will have a perfectly cooked roast.
| Keto and Low Carb Recipe
A perfect low carb and keto recipe. You can stay on your diet and love what you’re eating because it tastes great and it is healthy.
fat 16.9 g | net carbs 1.6 g | protein 30.9g
What Can I Serve With BBQ Pulled Pork?
Here are a few really great dinner ideas on how to serve BBQ Pulled Pork:
- BBQ Pulled Pork Chaffle topped with Dill Pickle Slaw. So good!!!
- Serve over a grilled portobello mushroom topped with Dill Pickle Slaw
- Serve on its own with easy Layered Salad.
- Serve over a bun and top with Dill Pickle Slaw.
Two Recipes that Taste Great With BBQ Pulled Pork: (these happen to be in the top 10 of our reader’s favorite recipes!) 🙂
If You Like Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork then you are bound to love Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes!! A must make!
How Do You Pull Pulled Pork?
To pull pulled pork you need a very tender, fall off the bone pork roast. Using 2 forks or meat claws you can easily pull
What Is the Best Cut Of Meat For Pulled Pork?
Bone-in pork butt is the best cut of meat for making BBQ pulled pork. It is always tender!
What You Will Need to Make Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
- bone-in pork Boston butt roast
- root beer (I use this soda because it is sugar-free and has no chemicals!)
- favorite pork dry rub (this is REALLY good on pork!! Make ahead and store it for later!)
- optional: liquid smoke
- favorite barbecue sauce (my favorite brand – organic, no sugar, no chemicals)
How To Make Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork
Spray the crockpot with nonstick spray or coat with butter. Set the pork roast in the crockpot fat side up (if there is any fatty side).
Pour root beer over the top
Sprinkle the dry rub seasoning.
After cooking is complete, place roast on a platter. Remove large pieces of fat (many times there is a thick piece of fat on top of the roast). Shred meat with two forks or meat claws. Coat pork with barbecue sauce to taste.
Enjoy! Really good served over chaffles, grilled portobello mushrooms, or a bun (if you’re not following a low carb diet). Top with slaw and you are good to go!
How To Make Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork
Set the pork roast in the pressure cooker on a rack. Add root beer, sprinkle with the dry rub, add liquid smoke (optional). Secure lid and set the pressure to High, at 18 minutes per pound.
When the pressure cycle is complete allow steam to release for 10 minutes then follow up with a quick release. Once the steam has released, carefully remove the lid and then pork roast. Remove extra fat and shred pork with forks or meat claws. Add barbecue sauce to taste. Enjoy!
More Easy Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Love
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (Keto Beef Stroganoff) (our most popular recipe on the blog!)
- Tender Slow Cooker Tuscan Turkey Breast (the easiest and most tender turkey breast you’ll make!)
- Easy Tomato and Basil Soup (Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Soup)
We’d Love To Hear From You!
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray, or other oil. Place roast in crock, fat side up. Poor 1 can of root beer over the roast. Sprinkle the pork with the dry rub. Optional: add a teaspoon of liquid smoke over the roast to give a smokier taste.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Pork is done when you are easily able to pull the pork off the roast. Remove the top layer of fat and any large chunks of fat. Shred the pork with your forks.
- Add barbecue sauce and combine. Adjust the amount of barbecue sauce to taste.
Try this simple dry rub recipe! It's super popular and works perfect on pork! I love that you can make extra, and keep some stored for months in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292 Total Fat: 16.9g Cholesterol: 87.7mg Sodium: 140mg Carbohydrates: 1.9g Net Carbohydrates: 1.6g Fiber: 0.3g Sugar: 0.1g Protein: 30.9g