This Pot roast seasoning recipe is super simple to make - 5 minutes and 9 ingredients straight out of your pantry! The best part? It's healthy and its smoky salty-sweet notes taste amazing! Use on beef, chicken, pork, and lamb.
You'll ❤️ This Recipe
"I love making my own seasoning mixes - they always tastes SO MUCH BETTER than store-bought blends and I feel good knowing I'm feeding my family something healthy. This one seasons beef roasts to perfection!"
I think you'll love this seasoning blend. It's bold, smoky, sweet, and salty - and it pairs perfectly with beef!
You'll have this recipe ready in less than 5 minutes with only a few simple ingredients.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, low carb, keto, and vegan. Only whole dried spices are used.
Use a brown sugar substitute if following a sugar-free or keto diet. Make it vegan by using a vegan-appropriate substitute.
🥗 How To Use It
There are many uses for this pot roast seasoning!
Want more ideas?
- Use it as a dry rub for pork, chicken, and lamb - then grill, roast, or sear!
- Whether you use a dutch oven or a slow cooker, add the mix to any beef or pork roast recipe. Great with chicken breasts too!
- Makes a great steak rub. The brown sugar will give your steak a nice crust!
- Flavor hamburgers and meatloaf with it.
- Add it to casseroles, soups, and stews.
- Season rice or vegetables with it.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients and tools you will need to make pot roast seasoning:
Brown Sugar - this adds a wonderful sweetness but feel free to omit it.
Ground Black Pepper
Smoked Paprika - for smoky flavor I use smoked paprika, but you could also use regular or a sweet variety.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make Pot Roast Beef Seasoning
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making pot roast seasoning:
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Use in your favorite pot roast recipe, or rub it on beef, pork, chicken, or lamb.
Use 1 tablespoon of this seasoning per pound of meat. Adjust as needed after cooking.
Transfer any extras to an airtight container and store it in a cool dark dry place.
💭 Top Tips
- Use the freshest dried herbs to extend its shelf life - up to 2 years!)
- Make extra to store for later use!
How to store it
Store this mix in an airtight container in a cool dry place, like your pantry.
If stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place, this mix will keep up to 2 years. Keeping moisture out is key to preserving the freshness of dried herbs, spices, and sugar.
For the best flavor, you should season your pot roast before searing. Use 1 to 2 tablespoons of this seasoning mix per pound of beef.
To make this seasoning keto omit the brown sugar or use a brown sugar substitute such as golden monk fruit.
✔️ More Seasoning Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious healthy seasoning mixes and rubs, check these out:
- Chipotle Seasoning
- Best Fajita Seasoning
- Copycat White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix Recipe
- Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe
- Pork Dry Rub
- Dry Rub For Chicken
- Lamb Rub
⭐ Let's Connect
Pot Roast Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (or substitute)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1½ tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in a cool dry place.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: omit the brown sugar if desired or use a sugar-free brown sugar substitute.
- TOP TIPS: make extra to store and keep on hand for later use!
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: use 1 to 2 tablespoons of this seasoning per pound of meat.
© 2022 Seeking Good Eats™