Best Greek Salad Recipe is so easy and delicious to make. This healthy salad is chock full of fresh chopped veggies, olives, cheese, and a tasty homemade tangy greek salad dressing. Make it a meal-in-one by adding diced chicken, lamb, pork, or beef. This salad is low carb and keto-friendly too! Enjoy!
Best Greek Salad Recipe
The best Greek salad recipe! This Greek recipe is a delicious fresh salad made with chopped veggies, cheese, and a zesty homemade Greek dressing. A keto Greek salad that is so tasty you’ll never know it is a healthy Greek salad! You can even add chicken, lamb, beef, or pork to your healthy salad so it’s a stand-alone meal – perfect for lunches or dinner! #greek #salad #mediterranean #ketogenic #sugarfree #greekdressing #seekinggoodeats #lowcarb
Why This Is The Best Greek Salad Recipe
| It’s Healthy
With fresh chopped veggies and the delicious homemade dressing, this Greek salad recipe is very healthy and light tasting.
| It’s Easy
In 10 minutes or less, you can have a delicious salad ready to go! Toss it all together and eat up!
| It Tastes Amazing
I don’t know what it is but I’ve always love greek salad. I think it just the wonderful combination of the greek vinaigrette dressing tossed with fresh veggies, cheese, and olives. I think some of the sweet crispiness of the veggies offsets the tanginess of the dressing and feta. Finish it off with kosher salt and pepper and it’s so yummy.
| It’s A Low Carb and Keto Salad
With 23 g of fat, 6 g of net carbs, and 6 g of protein this salad works nicely for the low carb and ketogenic diet.
What You Will Need to Make A Mediterranean Greek Salad
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- cutting board
- chefs knife
- measuring spoons
- dry measuring cups
- liquid measuring cups
- serving bowl
- salad forks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut 1″ pieces
- 3/4 English cucumber quartered, seeded, then cut into 1″ slices
- 4 – 5 roma tomatoes, cut into 1″ pieces. (4 large or 5 smaller tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, whole and pitted
- 8 oz feta cheese cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3-1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
How To Make The Best Greek Salad
This really is a simple salad to toss together! Here’s how to make it:
How to Make the Greek Dressing
Toss olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, dill, salt, and pepper into a small bowl and mix together. The dressing can be made ahead of time or used immediately.
Assemble the Salad
Add bell pepper, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, and cheese to a large bowl.
Mix the Salad
Pour salad dressing over the top and mix ingredients. If needed, salt and pepper to taste. Dig in!
- I like using roma tomatoes because they aren’t as juicy as other types. They help keep the salad from becoming too runny as it sits.
- You don’t have to take the seeds out of the cucumber, but I do it to keep the salad from being too runny.
- If you have time, you can make the dressing in advance and allow the flavors to blend. This dressing is also really good as a marinade or a simple salad dressing for a basic green salad. Yum.
- If the salad is too vinegary or tangy for your taste add a pinch of sugar or two. Add a little at a time. You can’t take it out once it’s in! For keto followers, make sure to use an Erythritol or other keto-friendly sugar substitutes.
More Salad Recipes To Try!
- Hawaiian Chicken Salad (Keto Chicken Salad Recipe)
- Layered Salad (Layered Overnight Salad)
- Keto Zucchini Recipe – Zucchini Carpaccio
- Grilled Romaine Hearts (Easy Grilling Recipe)
We’d Love To Hear From You
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!