Air fryer beets are seasoned, roasted to perfection with rosemary, then drizzled with balsamic glaze and topped with optional goat or feta cheese. Yum. Delicious, quick, and easy - roasted beets in the air fryer is the best way to cook them. This side dish is perfect for any weeknight and special enough for the holidays!
Best Air Fryer Beets Air Fryer Recipe!
"I never liked beets, maybe because they were always the store-bought canned variety - with no flavor? You are gonna love these, though - when you roast beets in an air fryer it brings out their flavor, and they are wonderful!"
If you love roasted beets, be sure to also try Roasted Beet Salad with Feta and Citrus Vinaigrette and Roasted Pumpkin and Beetroot Salad
This is a super easy side dish! Simply toss the beets with oil and seasonings, air fry, then drizzle the beets with balsamic glaze.
Roasting beets in an air fryer is much quicker than cooking beets in the oven; they take at least half the roasting time and will be on the table in less than 20 minutes!
Beets in the air fryer are healthy and loaded with nutrients as well as antioxidants. This recipe is low in unsaturated fat, and beets are a good source of vitamin B, vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber. This recipe is low in fat, low carb, and plant-based. If you are watching your sugar eliminate the balsamic glaze.
Roasted Beets Air Fryer Ingredients
- Fresh Whole Beets - use red beets. Golden beets can also be used. Red ones tend to have more flavor than golden beets.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Rosemary - for the best flavor, use fresh herbs.
- Balsamic Glaze - buy it bottled at your grocery store, or make your own using the instructions in the recipe card below.
- Optional: Goat or Feta Cheese - the tang from the cheese really balances nicely with these beets.
- Salt and Pepper
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest for later!
Substitutions and Variations
Make them spicy by adding cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, or spicy curry.
Give them a smoky taste by using smoked paprika.
Garlic powder and onion powder are always terrific go-to seasonings if you want a little more flavor.
How To Air Fry Beets
For complete instructions, see the recipe card below. Enjoy!
- Preheat air fryer to 400° F. In a medium-sized bowl, toss the beets with olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the beets to the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Roast beets in air fryer for 6 minutes. Continue air frying for 6 to 9 more minutes, or until they are fork-tender.
Hint: Since all air fryers are different, adjust the cooking time if needed. Beets are done when they are fork tender but not too soft that they are mushy.
How To Serve Air Fried Beets
Serve beets in a dish, drizzle with balsamic glaze, then top with crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese (if using).
Garnish with a little chopped fresh rosemary or parsley for color.
Optional but really delicious: toasted nuts. Pine nuts, pecans, and walnuts go well with beets.
Super Easy Meal idea! Serve air fryer beets as a side dish to Air Fryer Lamb Chops and a fresh green salad.
Top Tips For Making Roasted Beets in Air Fryer
- Make ahead tip: peel and cut the beets ahead of time. Store in an airtight glass container until ready for use. You can make your own balsamic glaze (see recipe card) or buy it from the store to save.
- Peel the beets under running water to keep your hands from staining.
- This recipe can easily be doubled, but you must cook in batches so the beets are in a single layer at the bottom of the basket.
- Cut beets into uniform pieces for uniform cooking.
- Cook the beets in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Use a glass airtight container for storing beets, as the juices from the red beets will stain.
- Fresh rosemary tastes the best in this recipe. I don't recommend dried rosemary.
- Cooking time can vary between air fryer models. Know your air fryer and adjust your cooking time accordingly.
Beets in Air Fryer FAQs
2 small sprigs fresh rosemary = 1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped.
1 tablespoon of fresh chopped rosemary = 1 teaspoon dried
In this recipe, we air fry the beets at 400 degrees F.
Wearing plastic food-safe gloves is the best way to keep your hands from turning red. If you just need to peel them, run the beets under cool water while you are peeling.
To store air fryer roasted beets, let them cool completely, then transfer to a glass airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. See the reheating instructions below.
Reheat beets in air fryer preheated to 400 for 2 to 3 minutes or until warmed through.
Roasted Beets in Air Fryer with Rosemary and Balsamic Glaze
- 12 ounces fresh beets (peeled and cut into ¾" cubes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoons balsamic glaze (purchased or homemade - see instructions below)
- optional: ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
- Preheat air fryer to 400° F
- In a medium-sized bowl toss the beets with olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper
- Transfer the beets to the air fryer basket and air fry for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring or shaking the basket halfway through. Adjust cooking time if needed.
- Transfer cooked beets to serving dish then drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with goat cheese or feta (if using).
- To make your own balsamic glaze: pour ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon honey into a small saucepot and stir. Bring to a boil over medium heat and let reduce by half, stirring frequently. Watch it carefully as it can burn easily, reduce heat if needed.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- NOTES: Each air fryer cooks a little differently, adjust cooking time if needed.
- VARIATIONS: Serve topped with crumbled goat cheese or feta and toasted nuts such as pine nuts, walnuts, or pecans.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Garnish with additional fresh rosemary or chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
© 2024 Seeking Good Eats™
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe
- Air Fried Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Asparagus in Air Fryer
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Easy Frozen Green Beans Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Cabbage
- Balsamic Glazed Carrots in Air Fryer Recipe