Air fryer green beans are the quickest most delicious way to make this favorite vegetable! Seriously. This easy recipe has 4 ingredients and 9 minutes start to finish. Let's crank up that air fryer!
Why You'll ❤️ Green Beans in the Air Fryer
"Air fryer green beans is the fastest and tastiest way to make fresh green beans! It takes 1 minute longer than my microwave frozen ones - and these are so delicious!"
Super Easy To Make
This air fryer green beans recipe is the perfect tasty side dish - only four ingredients including salt and pepper, so it really boils down to just oil and fresh green beans. Ready in less than 10 minutes (it takes me 8)! FYI that you can add other ingredients - check out the Variations section below for more ideas!
Goes With Anything
Green beans pair wonderfully with nearly every main dish. They are simple and basic and I just love the freshness and color they add to a plate.
For having so few ingredients you won't believe how tasty these are! There are many ways you can make these green beans but for a weeknight meal you just want a tried and true delicious green bean.
Healthy Vegetable Side Dish
This recipe is gluten free, low carb, keto, vegan, dairy free, and sugar free. You can feel good about serving this recipe!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make air fried green beans:
- Fresh Green Beans - fresh greens beans have the best flavor! I used pre-packaged and trimmed string beans to save time! You can use French green beans (thinner) but adjust air frying time down since they cook faster.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - you could also use olive oil cooking spray.
- Salt - use your favorite salt to taste. My favorite salt to use in most dishes is kosher salt.
- Ground Black Pepper
Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredient quantities and full instructions!
🔪 How To Make
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making these green beans in air fryer:
Prep. Wash and trim green beans, or buy ready cut, washed, and trimmed beans like I did!
Preheat. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash and trim all the beans.
Mix. In a medium or large bowl toss the green beans with the oil, salt, and pepper.
Add to Basket. Place the coated green beans into the preheated air fryer basket.
Air Fry. Cook green beans for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are crisp tender, be sure to stir the green beans halfway through the cooking time.
Serve. Transfer to a serving dish and adjust seasoning if needed.
Store. Store any leftover green beans in an airtight container up to 4 days.
🥗 How To Serve
Here are a few ways to serve your air fryer green beans:
- Toppings - you could always top you beans with parmesan cheese, sliced almonds, or crispy onions.
- Side Dish for Dinner - green beans go with just about anything! Serve as a side dish to any one of the following recipes to air fry: Parmesan Crusted Air Fryer Tilapia, Garlic Parmesan Wings, or Air Fryer Lamb Chops.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to your delicious air fryer green beans:
- Add garlic - mince fresh garlic Add the garlic in at the last minute so it won't burn.
- Herbs - add few dried (or fresh) herbs to the oil, salt, and pepper. For example, thyme, chives, rosemary, or parsley would go well.
- Spicy - sprinkle with hot chili powder, crushed red pepper flakes, or use chili oil instead of EVOO.
- Try a salted seasoning blend like cajun, Chipotle Seasoning, Fajita Seasoning, or taco seasoning.
- Parmesan cheese - toss cheese into the green beans before air frying.
- Italian inspired - use oil, a little fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and Italian herb blend.
- Indian - use a garam marsala, curry spice, and some ginger.
- Chinese inspired - use 1 teaspoon sesame oil along with the EVOO and 5 spice blend and ginger.
- Mexican inspired - use our homemade Taco Seasoning and toss with some crumbled queso fresco.
💭 Top Tips
- Buy pre-packaged cut, trimmed, and washed green beans to save time!
- Adjust time and temperature if needed - there are variances among air fryer units. Know your air fryer and adjust this recipe accordingly.
Yes, you can cook frozen green beans in an air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 320 degreed Fahrenheit. Toss 1 pound of frozen green beans with 1 tablespoon olive oil and your favorite seasoning. Add frozen beans to the air fryer basket and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until the beans reach your desired doneness, tossing them halfway through cooking time.
How To Store
To store leftovers, let the roast cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. See reheating and freezing instructions below.
How To Reheat
Reheat your green beans in the air fryer basket for 1 to 2 minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
✔️ More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
Here are a few air fryer vegetables I think you'll enjoy:
- Air Fryer Cabbage
- Asparagus in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Cheese Curds - okay, I know these aren't a vegetable but they are so good I couldn't resist putting them on the list!
Air Fryer Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans (washed and prepared)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 350° F.
- In a medium sized bowl add green beans, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat the green beans.
- Place green beans into the air fryer basket and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until beans reach your desired doneness, stirring the beans halfway.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- SUBSTITUTIONS: This recipe is made super simple for ease, but if you want to change up your beans - add fresh herbs, garlic, parmesan, salted seasoning blends like lemon pepper, cajun, or Chipotle Seasoning.
- TOP TIPS: Buy pre-packaged cut, trimmed, and washed fresh green beans to save time! Adjust time and temperature if needed - there are variances among air fryer units. Know your air fryer and adjust this recipe accordingly.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Goes with just about any protein! Here are some air fryer recipe suggestions Parmesan Crusted Air Fryer Tilapia, Garlic Parmesan Wings, or Air Fryer Lamb Chops.
© 2022 Seeking Good Eats™