Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad is so tasty - and easy! Made with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, and fresh basil chopped caprese salad is the perfect Summer salad that you can make in no time! This is also a low carb and keto salad so everyone can enjoy!
🎥 Recipe Video
❤️ Caprese Salad Cherry Tomatoes
"One of my favorite salads. It reminds me of our trip to Italy - in which we ate A LOT of it. It's just so fresh and delicious - I can't get enough of it. I came up with this idea when my garden started producing a ton of cherry tomatoes one year." 🙂 -Kori
Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad - only 5 minutes of prep a few simple ingredients! Fresh cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil are tossed with a tangy vinegar dressing.
Perfect Year Round
Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes is the perfect summer salad for your next potluck, backyard bbq, or cookout!
Chopped caprese salad is a low carb & keto salad!
Full nutritional information is located at the bottom of the recipe card but here are the most important if you're following a low carb or keto diet:
13.5g fat | 2.3g net carbs | 6.9g protein
How to Serve
Caprese salad can be served with many things, but it complements grilled meats really well! Here are some recipes you can serve caprese salad with:
Italian night? Here are some Italian recipes that chopped caprese salad would go well with:
Ingredients and Tools
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella Pearls
- Fresh Basil
- Olive Oil
- Vinegar - use balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar - or a combination of the two
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- Ground Pepper
Step by Step Instructions
Here's out to make Caprese Salad Cherry Tomatoes:
In a medium-sized bowl add cherry tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Stir until combined. (See steps 1 - 4)
- I like to use the tiny small basil leaves for cherry tomato caprese salad because you can just toss them in. If you don't have small leaves available no worries! Just tear the basil or chiffonade (fastest way) the leaves. Here's a video on how to chiffonade basil
- If you aren't a balsamic vinegar fan, you can use white wine vinegar instead. Balsamic vinegar is a sweeter vinegar so it goes well with the tang of the tomatoes. You can also use half balsamic vinegar and half white wine vinegar if you want. If you use white wine vinegar only, you may want to add a 1/2 or 1 tsp of sweetener to offset the tang. Just make the salad with the vinegar you like, then do a taste test. Adjust seasoning from there!
- If you don't have cherry tomatoes, slice roma or full-size tomatoes and mozzarella, and use full-sized basil leaves. Alternate tomato, mozzarella, and basil on a platter. Drizzle the rest of the ingredients over the salad. So good!
❓ Common Questions
Can This Caprese Salad Be Made Ahead?
For sure! You can prep this salad up to 24 hours in advance.
First, add tomato and mozzarella to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Next, make the dressing in a separate dish with olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Basil is best served when fresh and once you tear it or chiffonade it will become bruised. Assemble the salad and add basil right before you are getting ready to serve. Toss ingredients and voila! One delicious caprese salad
Can I make caprese salad without balsamic vinegar?
Yes, you can make caprese salad without balsamic vinegar. Whether you don't like balsamic vinegar, or you are watching your sugar content, you can substitute a white wine vinegar or even a red wine vinegar.
While balsamic vinegar is traditionally used, I use white wine vinegar too. Sometimes I even mix the two. I have on occasion picked up a very sweet balsamic vinegar. when this happens I use half white wine vinegar and half balsamic.
What is the best vinegar to use in caprese salad?
The classic way is to serve caprese salad with balsamic vinegar but I really like it with a white wine vinegar too. The last balsamic vinegar I bought was very sweet, almost too sweet. I tried it with this salad and it was just too much. The next time I made it
How long will caprese salad last in the fridge?
Once the dressing is added this salad is best when eaten within 1 to 2 days.
Can I make caprese salad without basil?
Yes and no. Technically it isn't going to be a true caprese salad without basil, but as with anything, it is totally a personal preference. This will still be great
Is caprese salad healthy?
Yes, caprese salad is healthy. Tomatoes are very healthy and provide almost 30% of your day's vitamin C and 20% of vitamin A. The mozzarella provides calcium, and the olive oil a healthy fat.
This recipe fits well into the low carb and ketogenic diets because it has 13.5 g fat, 6.9 g protein, and only 2.7 g net carbs.
There is no added sugar in this recipe and all ingredients are gluten-free. If you are worried about the sugar content in balsamic vinegar, use white wine vinegar. If you want to offset the tang of the vinegar and tomatoes use 1/2 to 1 tsp of sugar-free sweetener.
How can I lower the fat in this salad?
You can use a lower fat mozzarella and cut into cubes if it doesn't come in the pearl size. You can also use less olive oil than the recipe calls for.
✔️ Related Recipes
- Italian Antipasto Salad Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe (Shrimp Louie Salad)
- Best Greek Salad Recipe
- Low Carb Coleslaw (Dill Pickle Slaw)
- Thai Peanut Salad (Low Carb and Keto)
- 30+ Low Carb and Keto Salad Recipes
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review and Comment on This Recipe
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!