Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe (Shrimp Louie Salad) is a super easy light lunch or dinner recipe with only 5 ingredients and less than 15 minutes of prep and cooking time! Use already cooked shrimp instead of grilling for an even quicker meal.
This salad is low carb and keto when a sugar free thousand island dressing is used. Enjoy!
Why You Will Love Grilled Shrimp Salad
It's Delicious and Tasty
You will love the freshness of this salad. I love the crunchy cabbage with the grilled shrimp, smoky bacon, offset by the sweetness of the red bell pepper, and the buttery taste of the avocado. Thousand island dressing is the perfect complement to the flavors in this salad.
Quick and Simple Salad
Grilled shrimp louie salad is quick and easy recipe to make. Shrimp only takes 3 to 4 minutes on the grill. You can also buy pre-cooked shrimp if you want to shave off a few more minutes!
Low Carb and Keto
This is a great low carb and keto salad that can be customized to your daily nutritional needs. With 20.7 grams of fat, 6.7 grams of net carbs, and 16.9 grams of protein this is a perfect keto salad.
If you're looking to add more protein you can add in a hard-boiled egg.
If you want to add more fat, use more dressing, avocado, and add some cheese if you want.
20.7 g fat | 6.7 g net carbs | 16.9 g protein
Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients and tools you'll need to make Shrimp Louie Salad:
- 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped (or you can use diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup thousand island dressing (or a double recipe of Seeking Good Eats Thousand Island Dressing keto and sugar free)
- optional: fresh dill and seafood seasoning sprinkled on top or mixed in with dressing (I used Old Bay Seasoning)
Add any or all of these to make your salad extra tasty and special!
- Add hard-boiled eggs
- Add peeled diced cucumber
- Add some shredded carrot
- Add a some diced green onion
- Add some fresh dill
Other Ways To Cook Shrimp
If you feel like experimenting, here are some great ways to cook up your shrimp!
- Saute your shrimp in a little butter. Season with a hint of lemon, seafood seasoning or salt and pepper, and some fresh dill.
- Season the shrimp with seafood seasoning and pepper then grill.
- Use lemon pepper seasoning to sprinkle on shrimp before cooker.
- Steam the shrimp. Place some fresh herbs in the steamer for a little extra flavor.
- Don't cook the shrimp - buy pre-cooked shrimp from the store 🙂
- Instead of using skewers to grill your shrimp, use a grill basket instead. It's faster!
How To Make
Preheat grill to medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Grill shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes until they turn pink. Remove from grill and set aside. (Image 1)
On a large plate or salad bowl arrange cabbage then shrimp, bacon, red bell pepper, and avocado slices. Drizzle salad dressing over the top. (Images 2 - 3)
Optional: If you have some seafood seasoning, mix it in with your dressing or spinkle on top along with some fresh dill. So delicious!
- If you want an even quicker shrimp Louie salad recipe, skip the grilling and buy pre-cooked shrimp. Buy real bacon crumbles, hardboiled eggs, pre-shredded cabbage, and bottled thousand island. Ta-da! Super easy salad for lunch or dinner!
- Substitute diced tomatoes for the red bell pepper if you want. Feel free to add additional vegetables. Cucumber is really delicious added to this salad too.
- Instead of using shredded cabbage your can substitute a favorite lettuce instead! Lot's of options.
Can I make this salad without grilling shrimp?
Yes, you can make this salad without grilling the shrimp. You can cook the shrimp in a skillet, see below. Or, you can purchase pre-cooked shrimp which makes it even easier. Even though grilled shrimp gives the best flavor to this salad, it wills till taste amazing if you use pre-cooked shrimp!
Can I cook the shrimp in a skillet?
Yes, you can cook the shrimp in a preheated skillet with a little butter or olive oil. The shrimp only need to cook 3 to 4 minutes until they turn pink.
How can I reduce the fat in this recipe?
If you are looking to reduce the fat in this recipe, use a low fat or fat-free thousand island dressing. You can also consider using less bacon and avocado but don't reduce it by too much or you'll compromise the yummy taste of this recipe!
How long do you cook shrimp on the grill?
To cook shrimp on the grill they only need to be on the heat for 3 to 4 minutes - or until they turn pink or reach an internal temperature of 145º
What is the safe cooking temperature of shrimp?
The safe cooking temperature of shrimp is 145º. You can check using an instant read thermometer
More Salad Recipes You'll Love
- Thai Peanut Salad (Low Carb and Keto)
- Best Greek Salad Recipe
- Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe (Keto Salad)
- Low Carb Coleslaw (Dill Pickle Slaw)
- Grilled Romaine Hearts (Easy Grilling Recipe)
- Keto Zucchini Recipe – Zucchini Carpaccio
More Grilling Recipes You'll Love
- Southwest Turkey Burgers On The Grill Recipe
- How To Grill A Ribeye Steak
- Best Grilled Chicken Recipe (Dry Rub Grilled Chicken With White Barbecue Sauce)
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Recipe (Grilled Pork Back Ribs)
- Herbed Butter Steak (Simple Steak Recipe Grilled With Garlic Herb Butter)
- The Best Greek Burger (Gyro Burger)
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review and Comment on This Recipe
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
This grilled shrimp salad is the perfect healthy recipe - for dinner or lunch. Only 5 ingredients, shrimp Louie salad is super easy, light, and tasty making it a great Summer recipe. A quick and easy grilling recipe for shrimp too! If you don't feel like grilling the shrimp you can buy pre-cooked shrimp to use instead. Super easy grilled seafood! #shrimplouiesalad #shrimpsalad #grilledshrimpsalad #shrimprecipe #grillingrecipe #cookout #summerbbq #bbq #lowcarb #sugarfree #keto #seafood