These Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs are super easy and result in the most tender flavorful chicken smothered in a tasty creamy tomato basil sauce. You'll be licking your plate and your whole family will love it! Let's make it!
- WATCH: Italian Style Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- You'll ❤️ These Crockpot Chicken Thighs
- Everything you need to make Chicken Thighs in Crock Pot
- How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- How to Serve Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Thighs Crock Pot Variations
- Storing Leftover Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Top Tips
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs FAQs
- Italian Crockpot Chicken Thighs
- More Slow Cooker Chicken Thigh Recipes
WATCH: Italian Style Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
You'll ❤️ These Crockpot Chicken Thighs
Super Easy! I'm alway searching for easy chicken recipe - and this is a super easy crock pot recipe. Pretty much just dump and go. Just come back later and add the cheeses and let them melt. Voila!
Family Favorite! There is a consensus in our house - these are absolutely delicious Italian slow cooker chicken thighs! I love it when I have a recipe that everyone loves. It immediately goes to the "family favorite file". There are 5 of us in the house, and 2 are super picky so if we have a consensus it feels like a miracle.
It's a low carb and keto slow cooker chicken recipe. With only 5.4 g of net carbs and 34.7g of fat, this Italian crock pot chicken recipe is perfect if you are following a keto diet.
(Note on canned cream of mushroom soup. 1 whole can of soup has 20 grams of net carbs, divided by 10 servings that is only 2 grams of net carbs per serving.)
Everything you need to make Chicken Thighs in Crock Pot
Here are the ingredients you'll need to make Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs:
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs - boneless chicken thighs have the best flavor, but chicken breasts can also be substituted but watch them carefully as they have a tendency to dry out.
- Cream of Mushroom Soup - use canned cream of mushroom or my homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup recipe. You can also use cream of chicken soup.
- Canned Diced Tomatoes with Garlic and Onion
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Dried Italian Seasoning Blend - you can also use a combination of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme.
- Cream Cheese - be sure this is softened so it melts faster.
- Parmesan Cheese - I love freshly grated cheese in this recipe.
- Optional - fresh basil for garnish
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
Here's how to make slow cooker chicken thighs with creamy italian sauce:
Gather ingredients. Drain tomatoes. Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray.
Add Ingredients to Crock
Add boneless chicken thighs, mushroom soup, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sundried tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
Secure lid and cook chicken thighs on Low for 6 to 8 hours until the chicken reaches 165°F.
Remove lid 30 minutes prior to serving. Remove the cooked chicken thighs and set aside. Add cream cheese and parmesan. Stir until cheeses melt.
Add back in the chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
How to Serve Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
Here are a few ways to serve slow cooker chicken thighs:
Garnish with a sprinkle of cheese and fresh basil.
Delicious over pasta, zucchini noodles, or riced cauliflower.
Serve with mashed potatoes, brown rice, and a side of green beans or steamed broccoli.
Chicken Thighs Crock Pot Variations
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Adjust any salt and pepper, and any of the herbs to taste. Use soy sauce in place of the salt if desired.
- To add a little citrusy tang squeeze a little lemon juice.
- Add onion powder or garlic powder if desired.
- Use fresh herbs instead of dried, in any combination.
- Give it some spice by adding some red pepper flakes.
- Make it cajun chicken thighs! Use cajun seasoning instead of Italian seasoning (reduce the salt as cajun seasoning is salted) and use diced tomatoes with green pepper, onion, and celery.
Storing Leftover Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
Best way to reheat Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
The best way to reheat crock pot chicken thighs is in the microwave. Place chicken in a microwave safe dish, cover, and microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds, checking frequently, until chicken is warmed to the desired temperature.
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Top Tips
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave until it's very soft.
- Optional, but you can pull the chicken thighs out before melting the cheese and thickening the sauce so the chicken doesn't break apart.
- If the sauce is too runny, remove the lid from the slow cooker about 30 minutes before serving to allow the liquid to evaporate. Alternatively, you can thicken with 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum that has been dissolved in a little olive oil. Or, whisk in 1 tablespoon corn starch.
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs FAQs
Chicken should be cooked to 165° F. An instant-read thermometer is the easiest way to determine the temperature of your chicken.
Tip: Certain slow cookers have a programmable thermometer so you can set it to the desired temperature and it will switch to warm once that temperature is reached. Super handy!
Yes. You can substitute chicken breasts for thighs. Chicken breasts dry out quicker than thighs, so be careful not to overcook.
to 4 days. If you need to keep longer, you can freeze this recipe for Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs.
2 to 3 days. According to the USDA, chicken should be kept no longer than two days in the fridge. For more information read Refrigeration and Food Safety from the USDA.
No, you do not need to add liquid to the slow cooker when cooking chicken. Enough liquid builds inside of the crockpot during cooking that additional liquid is not needed. Many recipes do call for some amount liquid to add flavor to the chicken, however.
If you cook chicken thighs for a longer period of time they will shred easily. If you aren’t looking for a shredded consistency, only cook the chicken until done (165 degrees F). Any longer than this and they will start to fall apart and dry out.
Yes, you can add raw chicken to the slow cooker. Most recipes call for raw chicken to be added.
Italian Crockpot Chicken Thighs
- 3 to 4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion drained
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes slivered and diced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or 1 recipe of [Keto Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup]
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. Add chicken thighs, cream of mushroom soup, diced tomatos, tomato paste, sundried tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Stir until blended. Turn crock pot on Low and cook 6 to 8 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to serving, remove lid. Add parmesan and cream cheese. Allow cheeses to melt, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta, zucchini noodles, or riced cauliflower. Garnish with fresh basil. Enjoy
© 2024 Seeking Good Eats™
More Slow Cooker Chicken Thigh Recipes
Here are a few more crock pot chicken recipes I think you'll enjoy! All are quick and easy recipes...my favorite kind!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika
- Easy Crockpot Chicken with Creamy Cajun Sauce
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
- Crockpot Cashew Chicken
- Crockpot Balsamic Chicken
- Chicken Curry Crock Pot
These crockpot chicken thighs are the easiest! Creamy Italian style slow Cooker chicken thighs are both a low carb and keto recipe. Only a few simple ingredients result in a delicious chicken with creamy tomato basil sauce dinner. A super easy low carb and easy keto slow cooker recipe! The perfect weeknight dinner that is family-friendly! #chicken #crockpot #slowcooker #keto #lowcarb #healthyrecipes #ketorecipes #italian