Copycat Big Mac Sauce Recipe (Keto Big Mac Sauce) will make your hamburgers seriously tasty! An easy healthy copycat version of McDonald's Special Sauce. Delicious and easy - 5 minutes and only a few ingredients out of your pantry! Make it regular or make it keto. Let's go!
- Watch: Copycat Big Mac Sauce
- Why You'll Love This Big Mac Secret Sauce
- How to Use Homemade Big Mac Sauce
- Big Mac Sauce Recipe ingredients
- How To Make Big Mac Sauce
- How to store Homemade Big Mac Sauce
- Big Mac Sauce Recipe Variations
- Top Tips For Keto Big Mac Sauce
- Keto Big Mac Sauce FAQs
- More Keto Sauces
- More Recipes You Will Love
- 💬 Comments
Watch: Copycat Big Mac Sauce
Why You'll Love This Big Mac Secret Sauce
"My family LOVES this copycat special sauce recipe. It's has a ton of flavor that really compliments hamburgers, meatloaf, fries, or even salad. It's so yummy! I make my own at home because I want a sugar free version - sorry McDonald's" 🙂 -Kori
With only a few simple ingredients and 5 minutes, you can make this sauce. I like to double or triple the recipe and keep some on hand. See the "How To Use It" section below for some fantastic ideas!
It's no wonder McDonald's Special Sauce is so popular - it's seriously good! It's big on flavor with only a few ingredients - love it!
Keto Big Mac Sauce
I make keto big mac sauce all the time using sugar-free ketchup, avocado oil mayonnaise, and granulated monk fruit. There are only 1.2 grams of carbohydrates in this recipe but with 16 grams of fat.
For me it's more than a special sauce - it's a dream sauce and the PERFECT way to add healthy fat each day!
How to Use Homemade Big Mac Sauce
- This sauce is delicious over chicken, pork, and beef. I LOVE It on a grilled steak.
- Of course, you should serve it over burgers.
- Use it as a salad dressing.
- Kids love to dip their french fries or tater tots in it! (Okay, so do adults) 🙂
- Serve as a dipping sauce with Cheeseburger Stuffed Meatballs or these cooked frozen meatballs as an appetizer - a big hit at parties!
Big Mac Sauce Recipe ingredients
Here are the ingredients and tools you will need to make this sauce:
- Mayonnaise - there is a signification variation in flavors between mayonnaise brands so just go with your favorite and adjust flavors accordingly. To make it keto use keto-friendly mayonnaise.
- Dill Pickles + Pickle Juice - use any favorite brand. Whole pickles are the easiest to dice. Keep the jar handy cause you're going to need some of the juice.
- Onion - I think fresh is best, but you can certainly play around with onion powder if you'd prefer.
- Ketchup - use regular ketchup or sugar-free keto-friendly ketchup. If you use unsweetened ketchup, you will need to add a little extra sweetener.
- Sweetener - use a sugar substitute such as granulated monkfruit sweetener if following a low carb or keto diet - or regular sugar if not.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
How To Make Big Mac Sauce
Making this Mac Sauce recipe is super simple, here's how:
Finely chop onions and pickles.
In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, pickles, onion, ketchup, sugar, and pickle juice. Stir until combined.
How to store Homemade Big Mac Sauce
If possible, cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Use or Store
Adjust any ingredient to taste. Serve and enjoy!
See the "How To Use It" section above for amazing ways to use this special sauce!
Or, make extra (this stuff goes fast) and store for later.
Big Mac Sauce Recipe Variations
If you want to experiment with your sauce, here are some ideas to customize it:
- Make it spicy by adding a drop or two of hot sauce.
- Many people use thousand island dressing or french dressing in place of the ketchup.
- You could also try a dill pickle relish or a sweet pickle relish in place of the chopped pickles.
Top Tips For Keto Big Mac Sauce
- For the best flavor, make your sauce ahead of time. This will give the flavors time to blend. If you forget - no worries it will taste good anyway. 🙂
- A note on ketchup: Regular ketchup is sweetened. Sugar-free ketchup is sweetened with a sugar substitute, and unsweetened ketchup is not sweetened at all. Low carb and keto followers might be using sugar free or unsweetened. If using unsweetened ketchup, you will need an extra teaspoon of sugar substitute (adjust to taste).
Keto Big Mac Sauce FAQs
Store your special sauce in an airtight container for up to 7 days! It won't last that long though!
This recipe should not be frozen, mayonnaise is an emulsion that will break down if frozen.
It's the secret sauce used on McDonald's Big Mac burger. The ingredients for making special sauce have long been held secret by McDonald's. There are many interpretations of this recipe but I think we can all agree - this sauce is so delicious it is what made the Big Mac burger so famous. It's tasty and addicting!
Our keto version contains keto mayonnaise (our favorite is avocado oil mayonnaise), sugar free ketchup, dill pickles, pickle juice, a small amount of onion, and sweetener of choice (we used a monkfruit erythritol blend).
The answer to this depends upon which recipe you make, but our version contains only 1.2 carbohydrates and 1.1 net carbs! Are you curious to know how many carbs are in a big mac (the full burger + sauce and cheese)? A whopping 45 grams!
More Keto Sauces
Looking for more keto sauce recipes? Here are some delicious ideas:
- Yum Yum Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- Keto Stir Fry Sauce
- How To Make Cocktail Sauce (Seafood Sauce)
- Sweet BBQ Sauce (Sugar Free)
More Recipes You Will Love
If you tried this Copycat Big Mac Sauce, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give the recipe a 5-star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! Don't forget to tag #seekinggoodeats
Copycat Big Mac Sauce is super easy to make and tasty! Make it a low carb, sugar-free, and keto Big Mac sauce so it's perfect for those watching their sugar intake. Not just for hamburgers - it's equally good with fries, meatloaf, or any salad! With just a few ingredients it's a super easy special hamburger sauce! Make it regular or keto sauce - both taste great!