This copycat big mac sauce recipe will make your hamburgers seriously tasty! An easy, healthy copycat version of McDonald's Special Sauce. Delicious and easy - 5 minutes and only a few ingredients out of your pantry! Make it regular or make it keto. Let's go!
- Watch: Copycat Big Mac Sauce Recipe
- Why You'll Love This Big Mac Secret Sauce
- How To Use Homemade Big Mac Sauce
- Big Mac Sauce Ingredients
- Big Mac Sauce Recipe Variations
- How To Make Big Mac Sauce
- Top Tips For Keto Big Mac Sauce
- Big Mac Sauce Recipe FAQs
- Copycat Big Mac Sauce Recipe (Keto Friendly!)
- More Keto Sauces
- More Recipes You Will Love
Watch: Copycat Big Mac Sauce Recipe
Why You'll Love This Big Mac Secret Sauce
"My family LOVES this copycat special sauce recipe. It's has a ton of flavor that really compliments hamburgers, meatloaf, fries, or even salad. It's so yummy! I make my own at home because I want a sugar free version - sorry McDonald's" 🙂 -Kori
You can make this big mac sauce recipe with only a few simple ingredients and 5 minutes. I like to double or triple the recipe and keep some on hand.
It's no wonder McDonald's Big Mac Sauce is so popular - it's seriously good! When you get a craving, this homemade sauce is the perfect copycat version - it's big on flavor with only a few simple ingredients. So, slather it on a burger patty and slap on a sesame bun - oh yum!
Keto Big Mac Sauce
I make this a keto big mac sauce recipe by using sugar-free ketchup, avocado oil mayonnaise, and granulated monk fruit. There are only 1.2 grams of carbohydrates in this recipe but with 16 grams of fat.
How To Use Homemade Big Mac Sauce
- It's delicious over chicken, pork, and beef. I LOVE It on a grilled steak.
- Of course, you should serve it over burgers.
- Use it as a delicious salad dressing.
- Everyone loves to dip their onion rings, french fries, or tater tots in it! (Okay, so do adults) 🙂
- Serve as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders with Cheeseburger Stuffed Meatballs or these cooked frozen meatballs as an appetizer - a big hit at parties!
Big Mac Sauce Ingredients
Here's what you'll need to make this copycat big mac sauce recipe:
- Mayonnaise - there is a significant variation in flavors between mayonnaise brands, so just go with your favorite and adjust flavors accordingly. To make it keto use keto-friendly mayonnaise.
- Dill Pickles + Pickle Juice - use any favorite brand. Whole pickles are the easiest to dice. Keep the jar handy cause you're going to need some of the juice.
- Onion - I think fresh is best, but you can certainly play around with onion powder if you'd prefer.
- Ketchup - for keto sugar-free keto-friendly ketchup, otherwise use regular ketchup. If you use unsweetened ketchup, you will need to add a little extra sweetener.
- Sweetener - for keto use a sugar substitute such as granulated monkfruit sweetener if following a low carb or keto diet - or regular granulated sugar if not following a special diet.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Big Mac Sauce Recipe Variations
- Make it spicy by adding a drop or two of hot sauce.
- If you find it too sweet add white vinegar or additional pickle juice.
- Many people use Thousand Island dressing or French dressing instead of ketchup.
- You could also try a dill pickle relish, or some people prefer sweet pickle relish in place of chopped pickles. If you use sweet relish, you might want to omit the sweetener and chopped pickles and then add in as needed to taste.
How To Make Big Mac Sauce
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, pickles, onion, ketchup, sugar, and pickle juice. Stir until combined.
- If possible, cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Adjust any ingredient to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Top Tips For Keto Big Mac Sauce
- For the best flavor, make your sauce ahead of time. This will give the flavors time to blend. If you forget - no worries, it will taste good anyway. 🙂
- A note on ketchup: Regular ketchup is sweetened. Sugar-free ketchup is sweetened with a sugar substitute, and unsweetened ketchup is not sweetened at all. Low carb and keto followers might be using sugar free or unsweetened. If using unsweetened ketchup, you will need an extra teaspoon of sugar substitute (adjust to taste).
Big Mac Sauce Recipe FAQs
Store any leftover sauce in an airtight container for up to 7 days! It won't last that long though!
This recipe should not be frozen, mayonnaise is an emulsion that will break down if frozen.
It's the secret sauce used on McDonald's Big Mac burger. The ingredients for making special sauce have long been held secret by McDonald's. There are many interpretations of this recipe but I think we can all agree - this sauce is so delicious it is what made the Big Mac burger so famous. It's tasty and addicting!
Our keto version contains keto mayonnaise (our favorite is avocado oil mayonnaise), sugar free ketchup, dill pickles, pickle juice, a small amount of onion, and sweetener of choice (we used a monkfruit erythritol blend).
The answer to this depends upon which recipe you make, but our version contains only 1.2 carbohydrates and 1.1 net carbs! Are you curious to know how many carbs are in a big mac (the full burger + sauce and cheese)? A whopping 45 grams!
Copycat Big Mac Sauce Recipe (Keto Friendly!)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (keto: use a keto-friendly mayonnaise)
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (keto: use sugar-free, see notes on ketchup below)
- 1 teaspoon sweetener (keto: use a 1:1 sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, pickles, onion, ketchup, sweetener, and pickle juice. Stir until combined.
- If possible, cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- TOP TIPS: Finely dice the onion and pickles. Allow the flavors to blend by refrigerating for a few minutes - if you forget, no worries, this is delicious. Adjust any seasoning or ingredient to your tastes or dietary needs.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Use it on hamburgers, Big Mac Meatloaf, Cheeseburger Stuffed Peppers, salad dressing, or a dipping sauce for fries and tater tots.
- A NOTE ABOUT KETCHUP: Regular ketchup is sweetened. Sugar-free ketchup is sweetened with a sugar substitute, and unsweetened ketchup is not sweetened at all. Low-carb and keto followers might be using sugar-free or unsweetened. If using unsweetened ketchup, you will need an extra teaspoon of sugar substitute (adjust to taste).
© 2024 Seeking Good Eats™
More Keto Sauces
Looking for more keto sauce recipes? Here are some delicious ideas:
- Yum Yum Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- Keto Stir Fry Sauce
- How To Make Cocktail Sauce (Seafood Sauce)
- Sweet BBQ Sauce (Sugar Free)
More Recipes You Will Love
Copycat Big Mac Sauce is super easy to make and tasty! Make it a low carb, sugar-free, and keto Big Mac sauce so it's perfect for those watching their sugar intake. Not just for hamburgers - it's equally good with fries, meatloaf, or any salad! With just a few ingredients it's a super easy special hamburger sauce! Make it regular or keto sauce - both taste great!