Here's how to make cocktail sauce (seafood sauce) that is delicious, super simple, and healthy. You will never buy store-bought seafood sauce again. This is a very quick and simple version of classic cocktail sauce with only 2 ingredients! Easily made sugar-free and healthy - instructions provided! This seafood sauce recipe is low sugar, keto, and low carb friendly.
Why You Will Love This Seafood Sauce!
It's Super Easy
There are many good cocktail sauces out there, but this one is quick and simple. You can have something homemade in less than 2 minutes - and much more delicious than storebought. This recipe was prompted by all the bad bottled cocktail sauces I've had. It has also been a challenge to find a sugar free cocktail sauce in the stores. I finally gave up and made my own! 🙂
Healthy Sugar-Free Cocktail Sauce
If you use sugar-free, organic ketchup you can make this sauce extra healthy, with very few chemicals, low glycemic index - and no added chemicals. A small amount of monk fruit sweetener can be added into the sauce to balance the tang of the ketchup and horseradish.
Low Carb and Keto Friendly Cocktail Sauce
The nutritional label is shown with sugar-free, organic ketchup. Because this sauce can be made with healthy ketchup it is both ketogenic and low carb.
What You Will Need to Make Homemade Cocktail Sauce
Here's what you'll need to make this homemade cocktail sauce recipe:
- Ketchup: use sugar free ketchup if following a low carb, sugar free or keto diet.
- Cream-Style Horseradish: this is what gives the cocktail sauce the spice, if you are unsure about your spice preference, start with half and keep adding until your are happy.
- Sweetener (optional): if you are using a sugar free ketchup you may need to add a small amount of sugar free alternative sugar.
Please see the recipe card for full details.
How To Make Cocktail Sauce (Seafood Sauce)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Note: If you are unsure about the spiciness of your horseradish start with half the amount, stir, and taste. Add more until you get the perfect taste!
How To Serve Cocktail Sauce
Here are 3 easy ways to serve cocktail sauce (seafood sauce):
Easy Shrimp Cocktail (Oyster Cocktail)
- 1 lb thawed frozen or fresh shrimp (cooked, peeled, tail-on) OR, raw or steamed oysters in the half shell.
- cocktail sauce (recipe below)
- lemon wedges
- Arrange shrimp (or oysters) on a platter with lemon wedges. Serve the cocktail sauce alongside as a delicious dipping sauce.
- Note: chilled shrimp (and oysters) are best served very cold. Serve over ice if you are leaving out on a counter for a while.
Shrimp Dip Recipe
- Make the world's easiest shrimp dip recipe - my personal favorite dip! Keep ingredients on hand for impromptu gatherings!
Seafood Sauce Condiment
This is delicious as a condiment for fried fish, or a yummy fish sandwich. Also great served alongside chilled oysters (raw or steamed) and shrimp.
Cocktail sauce is used as a condiment for seafood. The most popular way is to serve as a dipping sauce for chilled cooked shrimp.
No difference! The terms are used interchangeably and have the same basic ingredients.
If kept in an airtight container, the cocktail sauce can keep for several weeks.
More Appetizer Recipes You'll Love
- Cream Cheese Shrimp Dip Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Guacamole Avocado Dip
- Zucchini Carpaccio
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Recipe
- Pomegranate Maple Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip Recipe (Keto Pizza Dip)
- Dill Pickle Salsa Recipe
- Mango Peach Salsa
- Lemon Pepper Wings Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings Recipe
- Buffalo Keto Chicken Wings
Pin me for later!
The super easy cocktail sauce recipe you MUST make! Keto cocktail sauce is also a sugar-free cocktail sauce. This seafood sauce recipe is a low carb and keto recipe. The best cocktail sauce you can make and you'll never need to buy seafood sauce from a bottle again! #sugarfree #keto #lowcarb #cocktail sauce #shrimpsauce #seafoodsauce #easyrecipe #ketorecipe #ketogenic #glutenfree #easycocktailsauce #howtomake #seekinggoodeats