How To Make Cocktail Sauce (Seafood Sauce) that is so good, super simple, and healthy. You will never buy store-bought seafood sauce again. This is a very quick and simple version of classic cocktail sauce. Only 2 ingredients! Easily made sugar-free and healthy - instructions provided! This seafood sauce recipe is low sugar, keto, and low carb friendly.
How To Make Cocktail Sauce (Seafood Sauce)
The super easy cocktail sauce recipe you MUST make! Keto cocktail sauce is also a sugar-free cocktail sauce. This seafood sauce recipe is a low carb and keto recipe. The best cocktail sauce you can make and you'll never need to buy seafood sauce from a bottle again! #sugarfree #keto #lowcarb #cocktail sauce #shrimpsauce #seafoodsauce #easyrecipe #ketorecipe #ketogenic #glutenfree #easycocktailsauce #howtomake #seekinggoodeats
Why You Will Love This Seafood Sauce!
| Easy To Make Recipe
There are many good cocktail sauces out there, but this one is quick and simple. You can have something homemade in less than 2 minutes - and much more delicious than storebought. This recipe was prompted by all the bad bottles cocktail sauces I've had. It has also been a challenge to find a sugar free cocktail sauce in the stores. I finally gave up and made my own!
| Healthy Sugar-Free Cocktail Sauce
If you use sugar-free, organic ketchup you can make this sauce extra healthy, with very few chemicals, low glycemic index - and no added chemicals. A small amount of monk fruit sweetener can be added into the sauce to balance the tang of the ketchup and horseradish.
| Low Carb and Keto Friendly Cocktail Sauce
The nutritional label is shown with sugar-free, organic ketchup. Because this sauce can be made with healthy ketchup it is both ketogenic and low carb.
How To Serve Cocktail Sauce
Here are 3 easy ways to serve cocktail sauce (seafood sauce):
Easy Shrimp Cocktail (Oyster Cocktail)
- lb thawed frozen or fresh shrimp (cooked, peeled, tail-on) OR, raw or steamed oysters in the half shell.
- cocktail sauce (recipe below)
- lemon wedges
- Arrange shrimp (or oysters) on a platter with lemon wedges. Serve the cocktail sauce alongside as a delicious dipping sauce.
- Note: chilled shrimp (and oysters) are best served very cold. Serve over ice if you are leaving out on a counter for a while.
Shrimp Dip Recipe
- Make the world's easiest shrimp dip - my personal favorite dip! Keep ingredients on hand for impromptu gatherings! Recipe: Shrimp Dip Recipe (Low Carb and Keto Appetizer)
Seafood Sauce Condiment
This is delicious as a condiment for fried fish, or a yummy fish sandwich. Also great served alongside chilled oysters (raw or steamed) and shrimp.
What You Will Need to Make Homemade Cocktail Sauce
- 1 cup small bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoon
- ketchup (use sugar free ketchup if following a sugar free or keto diet)
- cream-style horseradish
- optional, monk fruit sweetener (if using sugar free ketchup and want to add a little sweetness to your ketchup)
How To Make Cocktail Sauce
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. If you are unsure about the spiciness of your horseradish start with ½ tablespoon, stir and taste. Add more until you get the perfect taste!
| What is cocktail sauce used for?
Cocktail sauce is used as a condiment for seafood. The most popular way is to serve as a dipping sauce for chilled cooked shrimp.
| What is the difference between seafood sauce and cocktail sauce?
No difference! The terms are used interchangeably and have the same basic ingredients.
| How long can I keep my cocktail sauce in the refrigerator?
If kept in an airtight container, the cocktail sauce can keep for several weeks.
| What is monk fruit sweetener?
Monkfruit is a round green fruit (resembling a gourd) that is grown in Southern China and Thailand. Monk fruit sweetener is a zero calorie sugar substitute made from the sweet juices, or extract, of the fruit. Because monk fruit sweetener is low calorie, low carb, and has a zero glycemic index it is quickly becoming a very popular sugar substitute among dieters.
More Appetizer Recipes You'll Love
- Shrimp Dip Recipe (Low Carb and Keto Appetizer)
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups (Low Carb and Keto Appetizer)
- Cheese Stuffed Baked Meatball Recipe (Keto Meatballs)
- Easy Fresh Homemade Guacamole
- Keto Zucchini Recipe – Zucchini Carpaccio
We'd Love To Hear From You!
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
Tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Share and tag @seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!