Homemade Thousand Island Dressing is a 6 ingredient 5 minute quick and easy salad dressing to make. The perfect blend of tangy and sweet - and you'll love the hint of pickles. A healthy homemade dressing easily with sugar-free, low carb, and keto options! 🙂
Why It's The Best Thousand Island Dressing
My family LOVED this creamy dressing. It has a ton of flavor and is so good. Tasty!
It's Easy. With only a few simple ingredients and 5 minutes, you can make this sauce. I like to double or triple the recipe and keep some on hand.
It's Tasty. So much amazing flavor with just a few ingredients - love it!
Keto Thousand Island Dressing
The recipe nutritional value of this keto thousand island recipe is calculated using keto-friendly ingredients and 2 tablespoons of sauce. I made this recipe with sugar-free ketchup, avocado mayonnaise, and granulated monkfruit. You can reduce the net carbs even further by using only 1/2 tablespoon of onion.
Thousand Island Dressing Ingredients
Here's what you'll need to make this thousand island dressing recipe:
- Mayonnaise: use any favorite brand of mayo. If you are a keto follower be sure to check the label.
- Dill Pickles
- Unsweetened ketchup (keto-friendly ketchup); regular ketchup can be used just use less added sweetener.
- Sweetener - use a 1:1 ratio granulated sugar substitute or regular sugar (if you are not following a low carb or keto diet.
- Dill pickle juice
How To Make Thousand Island Dressing
Here are the steps for making the best thousand island dressing - it's super simple!
1. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Serve over a fresh green salad or use as a dip. Can be stored for up to 5 days in an airtight jar.
- Make-ahead to allow the flavors to blend more. This is not a necessity however - it will taste good anyway. 🙂
- Finely dice the onions and dill pickles.
- Keto followers: use unsweetened ketchup. If your ketchup is labeled sugar free, it is sweetened, and you will need to lower the sweetener added to the recipe.
Be sure to pin this to Pinterest and save for later! 🙂
More Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes
Here are some more homemade dressings to try:
- Catalina French Salad Dressing (Sugar Free)
- Creamy Dill Salad Dressing (Sugar Free Low Carb)
- Low Carb Keto Italian Dressing Recipe
- How To Make Blue Cheese Dressing
- Avocado Dressing (Vegan Salad Dressing)
- Authentic Tzatziki Recipe (Keto Low Carb)
Easy Thousand Island Dressing Recipe
- ½ cup mayonnaise (keto: use keto-friendly mayo)
- 2 tablespoons pickles (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon onion (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon ketchup (keto: use sugar free)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (keto: use granulated monkfruit sweetener)
- 1 teaspoons dill pickle juice
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made up to 5 days ahead of time.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™
Thousand Island dressing is so tasty and easy to make! Not just a salad dressing - it makes a great vegetable dip, a special sauce for burgers and fries. With just a few ingredients it's a super easy keto salad dressing recipe! This keto recipe is also low carb and sugar-free. #saladdressing#thousandisland #keto #lowcarb #sugarfree #ketodressingrecipe #seekinggoodeats#dip #vegetabledip