Leftover Ham Casserole (Keto Low Carb) is creamy, cheesy, and super delicious - it's also a GREAT way to use up all that leftover ham! Yay for that!
This healthy leftover ham recipe is low and keto-friendly and everyone in your house will love it - even if they're not following a keto diet.
❤️ Leftover Ham Casserole Recipes
"I don't know about you, but I am always looking for recipes that will help me use up all that leftover ham! This one is perfect (super easy), and my whole family loves it - probably because it's got ooey-gooey cheddar cheese." 🙂 - Kori
Ham and cheese just seem to go together. That's what makes this ham casserole SO GOOD. I took this a step farther and threw in some vegetables (onions, spinach, and cauliflower) - any opportunity to sneak in vegetables is great!
Every time I make this recipe my family gobbles it up - they are the BEST and most vocal taste testers! Kitchen tested and family-approved.
Low Carb and Keto Ham Recipe
I think you'll love that this recipe is low carb, keto, and gluten-free! So, on top of being easy, it's also quite healthy. Yay!
While the full nutritional value is provided at the end of the recipe card, here are the most important if you're following a low carb keto diet:
fat 24.2 g | net carbs 6.2 g | protein 19.8 g
Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you'll need to make leftover ham casserole recipe:
Cauliflower Florets - you can use fresh or frozen. For frozen you should cook in the microwave until crisp-tender only, it's easy to overcook so watch them carefully.
Cooked Ham - this can be leftover ham, or from a ham steak.
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Fresh Parsley - try different herbs if you want! Chives and thyme are nice
Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
Pork Panko or Seasoned Breadcrumbs - pork panko is the low carb option.
Here are a few suggestions for varying or modifying this casserole:
- Try out different cheeses. Swiss or gouda would be delicious too!
- Substitute leftover diced chicken instead of ham.
- Don't feel limited to just parsley! Try a little thyme, chives, rosemary, even basil. Give it a French spin with herbs de Provence or an Italian spin with Italian seasoning.
- Feel free to substitute broccoli for cauliflower - broccoli cheese and ham - YUM.
Here's how to make ham casserole with cauliflower and cheese:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease casserole dish with butter.
Cook cauliflower florets in salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Tip: you can also microwave steam with a few tablespoons of water - whichever method is easiest for you.
Run cold water over the cauliflower to stop the cooking. Strain cauliflower and set aside.
Cook Remaining Ingredients
In a 12" skillet over medium heat add olive oil and saute onion until soft.
Add spinach to the skillet and saute until wilted.
Add ham and cauliflower to the pan and stir together.
Add cream cheese, 2 cups of cheddar cheese, sour cream, dijon mustard, parsley, salt, and pepper. Combine all ingredients.
Transfer mixture over to casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with remaining cheese and then pork panko or seasoned breadcrumbs.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
- Do not overcook the cauliflower or it will become too soft and break down in your casserole. Cook to crisp-tender only.
- If you want to cut down on a pan use a 12" oven-proof skillet to cook and bake the casserole.
How long is leftover ham good for?
Leftover ham is good for no more than 4 days if stored in your refrigerator in an air-tight container.
How do you store leftover ham?
Store any remaining ham in an airtight container or plastic bag in your refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can you freeze leftover ham?
Ham can be frozen if store in a freezer-safe airtight bag or container. I like to freeze ham slices in a plastic freezer bag. If I have a leftover ham bone I leave some of the ham on the bone and freezer for later use in soup.
More Ham Recipes
Here are some more delicious ham recipes you might like:
- Healthy Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole (Low Carb Keto) - uses leftover ham too!
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups (Low Carb and Keto Appetizer)
- Sugar Free Brown Sugar Bourbon Glazed Ham
- Slow Cooker Ham With Coke (Low Carb and Keto Ham Recipe)
More Casserole Recipes
- Zucchini Ground Beef Taco Casserole
- Keto Chicken Pot Pie Casserole (Low Carb Gluten Free)
- EASY Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole (Keto Low Carb)
- Parmesan Chicken Casserole
⭐ Let's Connect
If you tried Leftover Ham Casserole, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give the recipe a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Leftover ham casserole is delicious and cheesy - and the perfect way to use up any extra ham! p.s. You actually don't need leftovers to make this ham casserole recipe. This gluten-free, low carb, and keto casserole is an easy family-friendly weeknight dinner idea.