Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer is a quick and easy vegetable side dish. Air frying brussels sprouts is a much faster method than oven roasting. In less than 20 minutes you'll have that same delicious roasted taste, a tender inside and crispy outside. Customize this recipe any way you like it too!
- Why You'll Love Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
- Brussel Sprouts Recipe Air Fryer Ingredients
- How to Make Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
- How to Serve Crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Variations of Crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Brussel Sprouts Air Fryer Top Tips
- Storing Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
- Brussel Sprouts Recipe Air Fryer FAQs
- ✔️ More Air Fryer Recipes
- 💬 Comments
Why You'll Love Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
"I have always loved roasted brussels sprouts, but because they take so long in the oven, I would only make them on weekends. Roasting them in the air fryer is FAST - now you can have them any day of the week!"
If you're a brussel sprout lover, be sure to try one of these delicious recipes: Maple Balsamic Brussel Sprouts, Frozen Brussel Sprouts (air fryer), Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, or this fabulous Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad with Pomegranate and Pecans!
Quick and Easy
You can't go wrong with roasted air fryer brussel sprouts, as they go with just about every main dish. This recipe is made in less than 20 minutes (no more than 15 minutes of air frying time) - with only 4 basic ingredients.
This is a basic roasted vegetable recipe to get you started, but you can customize in many ways. I have a few suggestions in the How To Serve and Variations sections below.
These air fried crispy brussels sprouts are very healthy and minimally prepared with simple ingredients. This recipe is gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, sugar-free, dairy free, Whole30, low carb and keto.
Brussel Sprouts Recipe Air Fryer Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make air fryer brussel sprouts:
Brussels Sprouts - fresh whole ones are used. They can also be halved.
Olive Oil - Extra virgin olive was used in this recipe but you can also use avocado oil or even coconut oil.
Kosher Salt - I prefer kosher salt, but you can also go with sea salt and table salt. Use less salt if using table salt.
Garlic Powder - the perfect all-around seasoning.
Ground Black Pepper
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
How to Make Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
Here's how to cook air fryer brussels sprouts:
Preheat the air fryer to 400° F.
Remove any loose leaves from the brussels sprouts and cut off any unsightly or too-long stems.
In a bowl, add brussel sprouts, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
Transfer brussel sprouts to air fryer basket and air fry for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
If the brussels sprouts are getting too dark, reduce the heat to 350 degrees until they are tender, then remove them.
Note that the cooking time can vary with each air fryer, adjust the cooking time as needed.
How to Serve Crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Here are a few ways to serve air fryer brussels sprouts:
Serve them as is, or sprinkle with a bit of parmesan cheese.
Drizzle with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of maple syrup.
Variations of Crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Here are a few ways you can customize your air fryer brussel sprouts:
- Stir the brussels sprouts with one or two minced garlic cloves the last minute of air frying time.
- Use avocado oil or coconut oil instead of olive oil.
- Use a salted lemon pepper seasoning instead of the salt and pepper.
- Add 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika and 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
- Give them some spiciness with red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
Brussel Sprouts Air Fryer Top Tips
- Halve the brussels sprouts for even quicker cooking time.
- If the brussel sprouts are getting too dark or starting to burn before they are tender inside, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- There are temperature variances among air fryer units. Know your air fryer and adjust this recipe accordingly.
Storing Air Fried Brussel Sprouts
To store leftovers, let the brussels sprouts cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. See reheating and freezing instructions below.
How to Reheat Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
Reheat in your air fryer at 400 degrees until they are warmed through.
Brussel Sprouts Recipe Air Fryer FAQs
Yes, brussels sprouts are keto-friendly and low carb. This recipe is made with olive oil so you'll have the additional healthy fat included as well.
For more information on what foods are acceptable on a keto diet please check out this Printable Keto Food List PDF.
Cook whole brussels sprouts in air fryer for approximately 12 to 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Reduce temperature if they start to get too dark before the insides are tender.
Cook halved brussel sprouts in the air fryer for approximately 7 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees F, or until they are tender inside. If they start to get too dark reduce temperature.
✔️ More Air Fryer Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious air fryer vegetable recipes, check these out:
- Air Fryer Beets With Rosemary and Balsamic Glaze
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Frozen Broccoli in Air Fryer Recipe
- Asparagus in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Green Beans Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Air Fried Cauliflower
Crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400° F.
- Remove any loose leaves from the brussel sprouts and cut off any unsightly or too long stems.
- In a bowl add brussel sprouts, and remaining ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Transfer brussel sprouts to air fryer basket and air fry for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. (Cooking time can vary with each air fryer, adjust cooking time as needed). Air fry the brussel sprouts until they are tender on the inside.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- NOTES: Each air fryer cooks a little differently, adjust cooking time if needed.
- VARIATIONS: For even faster cooking time, cut brussel sprouts in half. Use any favorite seasoning, for more ideas see the Variations section in the post.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Adjust seasoning to taste. Garnish with fresh herbs or parmesan cheese if desired. Drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar for a little tang.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™