Creamy Beef Taco Soup (Instant Pot Soup Recipe) is sure to be a hit in your house. The perfect easy weeknight Mexican inspired recipe. With ground beef, onions, peppers, taco seasonings, cream, and cheeses your whole family will LOVE this healthy taco soup recipe. This soup recipe is low carb, keto, and gluten-free.
You'll Love This Beef Taco Soup!
"Watch out this creamy beef taco soup is addicting! 😊 My family literally ate every last drop. I had to make a second batch just so I could have leftovers for lunch that week. There is just something about the combination of beef, veggies, broth, seasoning, and melted cheeses – SO GOOD!" -Kori
A Perfect Instant Pot Soup Recipe!!
I love that this is a recipe that can be made in your Instant Pot. It makes for easy cooking and cleanup! It makes a great soup on busy weeknights.
Make-Ahead Beef Taco Soup
Feel free to make this soup ahead of time. Follow the recipe instructions all the way through, let it cool then store in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Just reheat when you’re ready for lunch or dinner.
Low Carb and Keto Taco Soup Recipe
Beef Taco Soup is a healthy keto soup recipe with only 5.5 grams of net carbs.
The healthy fats in this recipe come from the beef, heavy cream, and cheese. There are 35.3 grams of fat in this recipe.
The full nutritional analysis of this recipe is included in the recipe card, but the most important for keto followers is:
net carbs 5.5 g | fat 35.3 g | protein 23.7 g
What To Serve With Creamy Beef Taco Soup
This creamy beef taco soup is really a meal in one but here are a couple of ideas of what you can serve as a side dish:
- Try our layered salad! It's a make-ahead salad that is perfect for get-togethers, but you can also make it for dinner one night then eat leftovers for the next few lunches!
- If you’ve got carb lovers in your house, this soup is great topped with crumbled tortilla chips or corn chips.
- Cheese quesadilla for the non low carb followers.
- Cheese crisps for low carb and keto followers.
Here's What You'll Need to Make This Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free. Read our full disclosure for more information.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any color will work well!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 oz beef broth
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes (crushed tomatoes or another kind will work too)
- 4 oz salsa
- Double recipe of Seeking Good Eats Copycat Taco Seasoning or 2 store-bought taco seasoning packets
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup cheddar cheese
How To Make Creamy Beef Taco Soup
Saute ground beef, onion, and bell pepper over medium heat until meat is done.
Add garlic cloves, beef broth, tomatoes, salsa, and taco seasoning. Set pot to High pressure, 2 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is complete, allow pressure to release naturally.
Slowly add cream cheese, heavy cream, and cheddar cheese to the pot. Stir until cheeses are melted and soup is blended.
Serve and garnish with your favorite taco toppings! Enjoy
- Use our Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix recipe for better taste and it's a lot healthier than store-bought packets.
- If you like things spicy - add hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste.
- Always use freshly grated cheese! Pre-grated cheese in packages is coated with cellulose (a wood pulp) that absorbs moisture and prevents sticking of the cheese. Unfortunately, this also keeps the cheese from melting properly.
- Feel free to make some substitutions. Keep the onions for flavor, but feel free to add more veggies. Squash, zucchini, or even riced cauliflower taste great. Beans and corn are good too (if you’re not following a keto diet). Use ground chicken or ground turkey as a substitute for the beef too!
Can I make Creamy Beef Taco Soup on my stovetop?
Absolutely! This taco soup can easily be made on your stovetop. Brown the beef and cook along with the vegetables. Add the broth and seasonings, cover, and let simmer on the stove for about 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Add heavy cream, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and salsa. Stir until cheeses are melted and soup is blended.
Can I use ground chicken or ground turkey instead of beef?
Ground chicken or ground turkey can be substituted in this recipe. While it will take away from the beefy taste of the original recipe it is still quite delicious, and I’ve made it many times this way!
Is beef taco soup keto-friendly?
Creamy Beef Taco Soup is keto-friendly at 5.5 grams of net carbs, 35.3 grams of fat, and 23.7 grams of protein. No beans, corn, or rice are used in this recipe
How can I lower the fat in this recipe?
You can lower the fat in this recipe by using half and half or a low fat half in half, and a fat free cream cheese. You can also use a lower fat ground beef, or switch to ground turkey or chicken.
Note that if you use half and half the soup may be waterier. You can thicken the soup with a little cornstarch if desired.
More Low Carb Keto Soup Recipes
Here are some more easy and delicious slow cooker or Instant Pot soup recipes you can try! All our low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto recipes. Enjoy!
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
- Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup (Low Carb and Keto Soup Recipe)
- Crockpot Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup (Keto Soup Slow Cooker)
- Easy Tomato and Basil Soup (Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Soup)
We'd Love To Hear From You!
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
Make this Instant Pot Creamy Beef Taco Soup recipe and you’ll be addicted! 🙂 This creamy delicious Instant Pot soup gets gobbled up quickly. With ground beef, onions, peppers, taco seasonings, cream, and cheeses your whole family will LOVE this tasty healthy recipe. Using your pressure cooker this low carb and keto soup recipe is an easy to make weeknight dinner. #souprecipe #tacosoup #beeftacosoup #instantpot #pressurecooker #onepot #soup #Mexican #lowcarb #keto #healthyrecipe