Creamy Beef Taco Soup (Keto Instant Pot Soup Recipe) is sure to be a hit in your house. The perfect easy weeknight Mexican-inspired recipe. With ground beef, onions, peppers, taco seasonings, cream, and cheeses, your whole family will LOVE this healthy taco soup recipe. This soup recipe is low carb, keto, and gluten-free.
You'll Love This Keto Taco Soup
"Watch out, this creamy beef taco soup is addicting! 😊 My family literally ate every last drop. I had to make a second batch just so I could have leftovers for lunch that week. There is just something about the combination of beef, veggies, broth, seasoning, and melted cheeses – SO GOOD!" -Kori
If you love Mexican-inspired soups be sure to try this 7 Can Taco Soup with chicken and this Chicken Fajita Soup which can be made in your Instant Pot or Crockpot - or last but not least - this Chili's copycat Chicken Enchilada Soup.
Instant Pot Soup Recipe
I love that this is a recipe that can be made in your Instant Pot. It makes for easy cooking and cleanup! It makes a great soup on busy weeknights.
Feel free to make this soup ahead of time. Follow the recipe instructions all the way through, let it cool then store in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Just reheat when you’re ready for lunch or dinner.
Gluten Free, Low Carb and Keto Taco Soup
Beef Taco Soup (Keto Low Carb) is a healthy keto soup recipe with only 5.5 grams of net carbs.
The healthy fats in this recipe come from the beef, heavy cream, and cheese. There are 35.3 grams of fat in this recipe.
The nutrition in this recipe was calculated using my homemade taco seasoning packet, which has no sugar added and is gluten-free. If you choose a store-bought seasoning packet - be sure to read the contents of the ingredients before purchasing and using.
The full nutritional analysis of this recipe is included in the recipe card, but the most important for keto followers is:
net carbs 5.5 g | fat 35.3 g | protein 23.7 g
How to Serve
This creamy beef taco soup is really a meal in one but here are a couple of ideas of what you can serve as a side dish:
- Try our layered salad! It's a make-ahead salad that is perfect for get-togethers, but you can also make it for dinner one night then eat leftovers for the next few lunches!
- If you’ve got carb lovers in your house, this soup is great topped with crumbled tortilla chips or corn chips.
- Cheese quesadilla for the non low carb followers.
- Cheese crisps for low carb and keto followers.
Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients and tools you'll need to make this low carb and keto taco soup:
- Ground beef
- Onion - diced
- Bell pepper - diced (any color will work well!)
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Beef broth
- Diced tomatoes (crushed tomatoes or another kind will work too)
- Double recipe of Seeking Good Eats Copycat Taco Seasoning or 2 store-bought taco seasoning packets - if you choose to buy store-bought seasoning, or any store-bought product, check the label and make sure it is appropriate to your dietary needs (gluten free, sugar free, etc).
- Cream cheese - softened
- Heavy cream
- Cheddar cheese
Step by Step Instructions
Here are the steps for making Beef Taco Soup:
Saute ground beef, onion, and bell pepper over medium heat until meat is done.
Add garlic cloves, beef broth, tomatoes, salsa, and taco seasoning. Set pot to High pressure, 2 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is complete, allow pressure to release naturally.
Add softened cream cheese, heavy cream, and cheddar cheese to the pot. Stir until cheeses are melted and soup is blended.
Serve and garnish with your favorite taco toppings! Enjoy
- Use our Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix recipe for better taste and it's a lot healthier than store-bought packets.
- If you like things spicy - add hot sauce or cayenne pepper to taste.
- Always use freshly grated cheese! Pre-grated cheese in packages is coated with cellulose (a wood pulp) that absorbs moisture and prevents sticking of the cheese. Unfortunately, this also keeps the cheese from melting properly.
- Feel free to make some substitutions. Keep the onions for flavor, but feel free to add more veggies. Squash, zucchini, or even riced cauliflower taste great. Beans and corn are good too (if you’re not following a keto diet). Use ground chicken or ground turkey as a substitute for the beef too!
Can I make Creamy Beef Taco Soup on my stovetop?
Absolutely! This taco soup can easily be made on your stovetop. Brown the beef and cook along with the vegetables. Add the broth and seasonings, cover, and let simmer on the stove for about 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Add heavy cream, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and salsa. Stir until cheeses are melted and soup is blended.
Can I use ground chicken or ground turkey instead of beef?
Ground chicken or ground turkey can be substituted in this recipe. While it will take away from the beefy taste of the original recipe it is still quite delicious, and I've made it many times this way!
Is beef taco soup keto?
Yes! 🙂 This is the perfect keto taco soup at 5.5 grams of net carbs, 35.3 grams of fat, and 23.7 grams of protein. No beans, corn, or rice are used in this recipe. Creamy cheese goodness that's so satisfying.
How can I lower the fat in this recipe?
You can lower the fat in this recipe by using half and half or a low fat half in half, and a fat-free cream cheese. You can also use lower fat ground beef, or switch to ground turkey or chicken.
Note that if you use half and half the soup may be waterier. You can thicken the soup with a little cornstarch if desired.
Are store bought taco seasoning packets gluten free?
As with any store-bought product, it varies among brands. Taco seasoning packets may or may not be gluten-free - always check the label. This recipe's nutritional analysis is calculated by using our homemade taco seasoning mix - which is gluten-free.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Here are some more easy and delicious slow cooker or Instant Pot soup recipes you can try! All our low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto recipes. Enjoy!
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Instant Pot Low Carb and Keto Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup with Beer Brats
- Crockpot Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- Easy Tomato and Basil Soup
⭐ Stay Connected
If you tried this Beef Taco Soup, I'd love for you to come back and give the recipe a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Make this Instant Pot Creamy Beef Taco Soup recipe and you'll be addicted! 🙂 This creamy delicious Instant Pot soup gets gobbled up quickly. With ground beef, onions, peppers, taco seasonings, cream, and cheeses your whole family will LOVE this tasty healthy recipe. Using your pressure cooker this low carb and keto soup recipe is an easy to make weeknight dinner. #souprecipe #tacosoup #beeftacosoup #instantpot #pressurecooker #onepot #soup #Mexican #lowcarb #keto #healthyrecipe