Ham and Cheese Roll Ups are THE perfect party snack. They're super tasty, simple, have less than 5 ingredients, make ahead, AND take less than 15 minutes to assemble. What's not to love? These are easily customizable so get creative and roll up other favorite ingredients.
Watch: Recipe Video
Why You'll Love These Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups
"These ham roll ups remind me of my childhood. My Grandmother made these at almost every gathering - and they were a FAVORITE of mine!" -Kori
Easy Appetizer. This is an EASY appetizer! With only 3 ingredients to make the basic ham and cheese roll-ups, you can whip these babies out in no time.
Make Ahead. These ham roll ups are a great option if you need party food for a large (or small) crowd. Make them 3 to 4 days ahead and keep in the refrigerator.
Quick and Easy. Ham and cheese roll ups take less than 15 minutes to make. Perfect if you have last-minute guests, or need a quick after-school snack to make for your kids.
No-Bake Cold Appetizer. If you are having a holiday dinner or party, your oven is often the most used appliance. It's nice to have a cold appetizer ready to go for guests that won't take up space in the oven.
Healthy. Ham roll-ups are gluten free, sugar free, low carb, and keto!
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest for later! 😉
Ham and Cheese Roll Ups Recipe Ingredients
Here's what you'll need to make the ham and cheese roll ups I have pictured above:
- Danish Ham Slices - rectangle sliced ham
- Cream Cheese - use full fat or non fat
- Horseradish - use a little or as much as you want. The more you add the spicier it will become.
- Cheddar Cheese - use any favorite cheese cut into strips.
- Fresh Chives
- Pimiento Stuffed Olives
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Substitutions and Variations
- Get creative and add fresh herbs such as chives
- Cooked and crumbled bacon adds flavor and some crunch.
- Mix minced garlic and fresh herbs into the cream cheese.
- Add some spice into the cream cheese with red pepper flakes.
- Use any variety of cheese cut into long strips. Shredded cheese may also be used but it won't have as much of a decorative impact as the strips.
- Use any variety of pitted plain or stuffed olives. Olives are easy because you can lay them all in a row, and after cutting you'll end up being 1 olive per ham roll-up.
- Fresh vegetables such as very thinly sliced carrots, celery, cucumber, bell peppers, and cherry tomatoes are colorful and add a fresh taste.
How To Make Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
1. Make the cream cheese filling
2. Spread the cheese mixture over ham slices.
Tip: use a paper towel to dry the ham slices before spreading the cream cheese.
3. Add final fillings such as cheese, olives, and chives.
4. Roll the ham slices then slice in 6 pieces per each roll up. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tip: If the roll ups are too warm they are a little harder to slice. You'll get a cleaner cut if you chill in the refrigerator beforehand.
How to Serve Ham and Cream Cheese Roll-Ups
Serve chilled on a platter or as a part of a charcuterie board. Pair with olives, nuts, dried fruit if you want. Tuck in some chives or fresh herbs as garnish.
I laid these out on a slate platter and they actually ended up looking like cute little sushi. 🙂 You can make these as simple or as elaborate as you'd like!
Roll Ups With Cream Cheese and Ham FAQs
Yes, ham roll ups can be made up to 3 days prior to serving. This makes it super convenient for an upcoming party or even a make-ahead lunch!
These will keep in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
You can lower the fat in this recipe by using a fat free or low fat cream cheese. Use lower fat fillings such as thinly sliced vegetables.
Recipe For Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 8 ounces danish brand ham (rectangle sliced ham)
- cheddar cheese or other variety (cut into strips the length of the roll ups)
- chives or green onions (cut to an approximate length of the roll ups)
- pitted stuffed olives (lay them side by side)
- Mix cream cheese, horseradish in a small bowl.
- Lay ham slices flat on a cutting board. Dry ham well with paper towel. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over all slices.
- Roll ham slices and slices into 5 pieces. You can also fill with add cheddar cheese slices, olives, chives, or a combination of any.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 5 rolls per ham slice.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™
More Appetizer Recipes
- Pomegranate Maple Bacon Cream Cheese Dip
- Simple Charcuterie Board
- Christmas Charcuterie Board
- Cheese Stuffed Baked Meatball Recipe
- Shrimp Dip Recipe
- Zucchini Carpaccio
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip Recipe (Keto Pizza Dip)
- Keto Chicken Wings With White BBQ Sauce (Dry Rub Chicken Wings)
- Easy Fresh Homemade Guacamole
An easy appetizer that is simple and tasty! Ham and cheese roll ups are the perfect part food: they can be made ahead by a few days and have only a few ingredients - with minimal effort. Perfect, huh? Ham and cream cheese roll ups are gluten free, low carb, keto, and sugar free. They make a great healthy snack or even lunch! We think these are THE best holiday appetizer for any season, occasion, or party!