Brown Sugar Bourbon Glazed Ham (Sugar-Free Glazed Ham) is perfect for any holiday or party. An easy, fuss-free, five-ingredient main dish that will impress all your guests.
The best part - it's a healthy, sugar-free, low-carb, and keto ham! 🙂
🎥 Recipe Video
❤️ Sugar-Free Glazed Ham
Quick and Easy Sugar-Free Bourbon Glazed Ham
As a full-time working Mom, I always want simple and easy. Criteria two is that it must be healthy! Phew, I've got both covered with this recipe!
With minimal ingredients and completely fuss-free - you will love this quick and easy sugar-free bourbon-glazed ham recipe.
A spiral-sliced ham is always pre-cooked, so you are really just reheating it. By adding juices, wrapping in foil, and baking at a low temperature, you preserve the moistness and tenderness.
Adding the brown sugar bourbon glaze to the ham the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking makes it extra delicious and tender!
Make it a Regular Glazed Ham
You can substitute regular brown sugar for the Swerve brown sugar. No problem!
Using a brown sugar substitute allows you to have the brown sugar taste - but with no sugar.
This was actually the first time I had made a recipe with a brown sugar substitute, and you literally cannot tell the difference in the recipe. Love it!
Holiday Recipe For a Crowd
You can adapt this recipe by buying a ham sized to your needs. A ham typically feeds a crowd easily!
With 20.8 grams of fat, and 4.5g net carbs, and 28.6g protein, it fits nicely in with a sugar-free, low carb, and keto diet. Yay!
Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients and tools that you will need to make brown sugar bourbon-glazed ham:
- Hickory smoked, spiral sliced ham (uncured, nitrate and sugar-free)
Brown Sugar Glaze for Ham
- Reserve 1/2 cup ham juices from the packaging or a combination of chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Monk Fruit Sweetener or regular brown sugar if you are not following a sugar-free or keto diet.
- Dried Mustard
- Ground Cloves
- Roasting pan with rack
- Small saucepan
- Pastry brush - silicone works best - it's nonstick, dishwasher safe, and okay for hot temperatures.
Step by Step Instructions
So easy and tastes great, you will love this! Here are the steps to make Brown Sugar Bourbon Glazed Ham (Sugar-Free Glazed Ham):
Remove from oven, cover, and let ham sit for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Heat oven to 325. Lay foil down in a roasting pan. The pieces should be large enough to cover the whole ham.
Remove ham from packaging and preserve any juices. Set aside the juices from the ham for the glaze. If your ham comes with a glaze packet, just discard it.
Place ham in roasting pan on top of the foil. Wrap ham tightly in aluminum foil.
Bake ham for approximately 10 minutes per pound. Follow the instructions that came with your ham, as each brand is slightly different.
Make Brown Sugar Glaze for Ham
About 30 minutes before ham is complete make the glaze. Add 1/2 cup ham juices (that you set aside from earlier), butter, bourbon, mustard, and ground cloves to a medium-sized saucepan.
Whisk all ingredients together and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the liquid has reduced by about 1/3, approximately 10 minutes.
Pull ham out of the oven and baste the glaze over all of the ham.
Pull apart slices of ham to get glaze between the pieces.
Reseal the foil tightly and continue baking for another 20 minutes or until done.
Remove from oven and let ham sit for 15 to 20 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!
- Preserve 1/2 cup of juices from the ham that came out of the packaging or after baking in the oven. If there are not enough juices (or you forgot), use chicken broth or vegetable broth up to 1/2 cup.
- Remember that the ham is already cooked. Be careful not to overcook and dry it out. You are basically only re-heating! If, for some reason, you do over-bake it, don't worry - cover it in glaze 🙂 Ask me how I know...
- If you are not following a sugar-free or keto diet, you can use regular brown sugar. Any brown sugar substitute will do as long as it has a 1:1 brown sugar ratio.
- Leftover Ham Casserole (Keto Low Carb)
- Slow Cooker Ham With Coke (Low Carb and Keto Ham Recipe)
- Best Juicy Turkey Recipe (Keto Low Carb)
- How To Cook A Prime Rib Roast (Prime Rib Recipe)
- Best Leg of Lamb! (How To Cook a Boneless Leg of Lamb)
- Juicy Turkey Recipe (Homemade Shake and Bake Seasoning Turkey - Keto)
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review our recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is appreciated! 🙂
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
📋 Printable Recipe
Sugar Free brown sugar bourbon glazed ham is the perfect low carb and keto ham for any holiday. Only six ingredients, this brown sugar bourbon-glazed ham is a sugar-free recipe. This low carb baked ham is super easy to make and will be the star dish at your next holiday dinner! #ham #easter #holidays #christmas #bakedham #lowcarb #keto #glazedham #hamrecipe #sugarfree