Mongolian Beef and Broccoli (Low Carb Keto Chinese) is so delicious! You'll love our healthy version of this popular Chinese recipe. Tender beef and broccoli, with a sweet and savory ginger sesame sauce, make this dish amazing! Delicious served on its own or over riced cauliflower. This Chinese recipe is sugar-free, low carb and ketogenic! Enjoy!
Why You'll Love Mongolian Beef and Broccoli
It's A Healthy Chinese Recipe
With fresh chopped veggies and delicious homemade dressing, this Greek salad recipe is very healthy and light tasting.
It's A One Skillet Recipe
In 30 minutes or less, you can have this delicious homemade Chinese recipe made at home! No Chinese takeout required.
It Tastes Amazing
I don't know what it is but I've always loved Mongolian beef and broccoli. I love the combination of the sweetness and saltiness with the beef and broccoli. This recipe passed my "teen test" and all three boys unanimously LOVED this recipe! I did not tell them I made the low carb healthy version either! I'll keep that a secret.
It's A Low Carb and Keto Chinese Recipe
With 18.2 g of fat, 3.6 g of net carbs, and 40 g of protein Mongolian beef and broccoli works nicely for the low carb and ketogenic diet.
What You Will Need to Make Mongolian Beef and Broccoli
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- cutting board
- chefs knife
- cast-iron 12" skillet (cast iron is my favorite!)
- measuring spoons
- dry measuring cups
- liquid measuring cups
- serving bowl
- salad forks
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum (keto-friendly), or 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 2 tsp
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 lbs beef, (sirloin steak or eye of round) cut into 1/4" slices.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos sauce (keto-friendly), tamari (keto-friendly), or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup erythritol brown sugar (keto-friendly), or regular brown sugar
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 5 scallions, diagonally sliced 1" pieces
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
How To Make Mongolian Broccoli and Beef
In a small bowl dissolve xanthan gum in 2 tsp olive oil and set aside (See image 1).
In a covered microwave-safe dish, steam broccoli florets with 1/4 cup water, 3 to 4 minutes until they are crisp-tender when pierced with a fork. Drain water and set aside (See image 2).
Season steak with salt and pepper. Heat 1/4 cup olive in a large skillet over medium-high heat until pan is hot. Lay slices of meat in the skillet so they are flat. Cook meat until brown, turn over and brown the other side (cook approx. 2 minutes per side). Do not overcrowd the pan, work in small batches if you have to. Set meat slices aside and cover with foil. (See image 3)
Add garlic to the skillet and saute 1 minute or until fragrant. Add ginger paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and xanthan gum mixture. Stir until the sauce starts to thicken. (See image 4)
Turn off heat, add beef (plus juices), broccoli, scallions, and sesame seeds. (See image 5)
Stir until combined. Serve and enjoy! (See image 6)
- Make sure your pan is very hot, but the oil is not smoking. Place the beef in a little at a time to sear. Once it is seared, turn over and brown. Immediately remove from pan. The beef slices should only be cooking for about 2 minutes on each side.
- If you couldn't get your beef to brown - don't worry. The dish will still taste good! It is better to take the beef out of the pan rather after 2 minutes per side than overcooking the beef.
More Asian Recipes To Try!
- Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Recipe (Thai Chicken Slow Cooker)
- 20+ Low Carb Chinese Food Recipes (Keto Chinese Takeout)
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice (Keto Cauliflower Rice)
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice Easy Ways To Cook Cauliflower
Easy Beef Recipes To Make
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (Keto Beef Stroganoff)
- Italian Crock Pot Beef Roast (Instant Pot Beef Recipe)
- Herbed Butter Steak (Simple Steak Recipe Grilled With Garlic Herb Butter)
- Best Corned Beef Recipe (Slow Cooker and Instant Pot)
- How To Cook A Prime Rib Roast (Prime Rib Recipe)
We'd Love To Hear From You
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
Mongolian Beef and Broccoli Recipe is so delicious and loaded with flavor! A low carb and keto Chinese recipe that is perfect when you're craving Chinese takeout but want to stay healthy! This keto recipe is made with tender beef and broccoli, and a yummy Asian recipe sauce that is perfect over cauliflower rice! #seekinggoodeats #keto #lowcarb #beef #broccoli #dinner #chineserecipe #skillet #healthydinner #sugarfree #asianrecipe