If you ever wondered how to grill a ribeye steak that was so juicy and full of flavor - well here you go! Grilling a steak is easier than you think, with only four ingredients & a few simple steps you'll be on your way.
Steaks are low carb, paleo, sugar-free, and keto-friendly too! Everyone in your family will enjoy one of these delicious steaks.
🎥 Recipe Video
❤️ Grilled Ribeye Steaks
"This recipe is all about the basics. You can have amazing steaks with pretty much just salt and pepper! Hope you enjoy!" 🙂 -Kori
Only 4 ingredients in this recipe! Olive oil, salt, pepper, and steak. You can certainly add herbs, garlic, or even use a marinade when you prepare your steaks.
There are 2 key steps that will ensure delicious steak. Season the steak and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours before grilling and allow to come to room temperature before grilling. Use a thermometer to test doneness and remove your steaks at the low end of the range for medium-rare, medium, or medium-well (see below).
Easy and Tasty
Not many ingredients or steps to grilling delicious tasty steaks. All the action happens when you grill and in a few short minutes, you'll have perfect juicy grilled ribeye steaks!
Low Carb and Keto
Steaks are naturally low carb, sugar-free, and gluten-free. They are also paleo and keto-friendly.
24 g fat | 0.1 g net carbs | 30.6 g protein
🍽 What To Serve With Ribeye Steak
There are so many things you can serve with a ribeye. Here are my favorites!
- Grilled vegetables
- Baked or roasted potatoes
- Corn on the cob
- Top with blue cheese sauce
- Layered Salad (Layered Overnight Salad)
- Low Carb Coleslaw (Dill Pickle Slaw)
- Zucchini Carpaccio
- Baked Zucchini Casserole With Cheese
- Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
🧾 Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you'll need to make the best ribeye steaks!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 3 (10 to 12 oz) ribeye Steaks (approximately 1 to 1½" thick)
- Grilling tongs
- Instant read thermometer - the most important thing, next to your grill of course 🙂
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cup
🥩 How To Grill A Ribeye Steak
- Pull steaks out of the refrigerator, brush both sides with olive oil and generously sprinkle both sides with kosher salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
- Allow steaks to sit at room temperature 20 to 3o minutes before grilling. Preheat grill to high (450 to 500 degrees).
- Place steaks on the grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes, then turn over. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes for medium-rare (130°F). Using an instant thermometer check temperature and cook until the desired doneness using the below temperatures as a guide. Watch the temperature - it changes fast! Here is a great, and inexpensive, instant-read digital thermometer
Medium Rare: 130° - 135° F
Medium: 140° - 145° F
Medium Well: 150° - 155° F
- Remove steaks from grill and cover with foil. Allow steaks to rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
💭 Expert Tips
- Buy steaks of similar thickness this will make it easier to estimate your time. Steaks that are approximately 1 to 1½" thick work great.
- For best results, salt and pepper steaks 12 to 24 hours ahead of grilling. Use kosher salt.
- Feel free to use garlic, diced fresh herbs, or another favorite seasoning at the time you season with salt and pepper. You may even use a marinade. The key is to season with salt and marinate 24 hours prior to grilling.
- Allow steaks to sit at room temperature at least 30 minutes (up to 1 hour) prior to grilling.
- The ideal temperature to grill steaks is between 450 and 550 degrees.
- Spray any flame flare-ups with water.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to test doneness. Pull your steaks off the grill at the low end of the range. For example, if you like your steak medium-rare pull your steak off at 130° F.
- As soon as steaks are removed from the grill, set on a platter, then tent with foil. Allow to steaks to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. The internal temperature of the steak will continue to increase for a few minutes. The juices will also reabsorb.
❓ Common Questions
✔️ Related Recipes
- Steak Butter with Garlic and Herbs
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Recipe (Grilled Pork Back Ribs)
- Best Grilled Chicken Recipe (Dry Rub Grilled Chicken With White Barbecue Sauce)
- Grilled Romaine Hearts (Easy Grilling Recipe)
⭐ How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review our recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is appreciated! 🙂
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Juicy grilled ribeye steaks are so easy to grill. Only 4 ingredients and a few simple steps and you’re on your way to tender flavorful grilled steaks. BBQ steaks are the perfect easy recipe to grill at your next cookout, BBQ, or picnic. An easy grilling recipe for Father's Day! A low carb, paleo, & keto recipe. #grilledsteak #ribeye #steakrecipe #lowcarb #keto #ketogenic #grillingrecipe #grilling #BBQ #cookout #easyrecipe #summerrecipe #beef #paleo #fathersday #memorialday #laborday #4thofjuly