Learn how to microwave cauliflower from frozen - it's simple and easy! Cooked cauliflower is an inexpensive side dish that can be made in so many ways. Play around with different seasonings and toppings, or keep it simple with just butter, salt, and pepper.
Why You'll ❤️ Microwave Frozen Cauliflower
"Microwave cauliflower from frozen is so easy! The results are perfectly steamed cauliflower that makes the perfect side dish for most meals."
Anytime you want a quick side to make, reach into your freezer and pull out some cauliflower. I bet your local grocery store is always running a deal on frozen vegetables, so stock up for cheap!
Quick and Easy!
Cooking cauliflower in the microwave from frozen is quick and easy - in only few minutes you'll have a simple vegetable side dish on your table! Voila, a perfectly cooked vegetable side dish - FAST!
Microwave cauliflower is so great because it's such an easy way to get in healthy vegetables, and it's is keto, low-calorie, gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30!
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make microwave cauliflower recipe frozen:
Frozen Cauliflower Florets - I used a 16 ounce bag of cauliflower florets in this recipe, but you can make as little or as much as you'd like to!
Water - this is used to help steam the cauliflower in the microwave. You can cook cauliflower in vegetable or chicken broth too!
Optional For Serving - Salt and pepper, butter, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, fresh parsley, or fresh crushed red pepper flakes!
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Microwave Frozen Cauliflower
Here's are the instructions for cooking frozen cauliflower in the microwave:
Start by opening your bag of cauliflower and emptying it into a medium-sized microwave safe bowl or dish.
Add one-quarter cup of water to the bowl. Note: no need to stir this together as the water is just there to steam the cauliflower.
Cover with a lid or plastic wrap, then microwave on high for 6 to 10 minutes.
Cook cauliflower florets until they are crisp tender. Add additional time as needed.
Once the cauliflower is cooked, drain the excess water.
🥗 How To Serve It
Here are a few ways to serve microwave cauliflower recipe:
Add optional butter, salt, and pepper. You can add any additional seasonings you would like here and optional cheeses such as parmesan, feta, or even American cheese!
Top cooked cauliflower with seasoned or herbed butter such as this garlic and herb butter.
Add toppings to your cauliflower to make them "loaded." This could be butter, crumbled bacon, fresh parsley, and of course, cheese!
You can add any seasonings you would like! You could even make taco seasoned cauliflower for a healthy taco dish. Try sprinkling with chicken taco seasoning and save the rest of the seasoning to make these Baked Chicken Tacos!
Make this side dish fancy by adding parmesan cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh dill, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Yum!
There are so many ways you can make and serve microwave cauliflower, here are some ideas:
- Make it spicy by adding your favorite buffalo sauce to any heat level you desire. You can also add seasonings such as crushed red pepper flakes, chipotle, or chili powder.
- Add other frozen vegetables with the cauliflower for a delicious medley.
- Substitute water in the recipe for chicken or vegetable broth for even more flavor.
- Use fresh cauliflower and microwave to desired doneness, about 5 to 9 minutes.
- Use frozen riced cauliflower, if desired instead of florets. Be sure to drain all excess water in both options.
💭 Top Tips
- Be sure to use a microwave-safe bowl or dish. Do not use any metal.
- Did you know that using a round or oval dish helps the food cook more evenly while cooking? Using a square dish works, but you will find that the corners get cooked faster than the center.
- Remember to cover the cauliflower in the microwave to help it steam and cook. If you don't have a glass lid, use plastic wrap and vent a small portion at the corner. Be careful when removing it to avoid getting burned by the steam.
- If microwaving more than 16 ounces, cooking time may need to be increased.
How To Store
To store, fully cool your cauliflower in the refrigerator uncovered in an air-tight container. Once cool, cover the container and store for 3 to 4 days.
How To Reheat
Reheat in the microwave on low temperature until warmed through.
Yes, you can! Place your cauliflower into a microwave-safe dish with a little water and cover it. That simple! Follow our recipe below for further instructions.
4 to 6 minutes. As long as you cover your cauliflower with a little water placed in the bowl to help it steam, it should take approximately 4 to 6 minutes in the microwave.
Yes, you still get the benefits of vitamin C from it, no matter how you cook it. Cauliflower is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, low carb, and keto.
✔️ More Cauliflower Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious cauliflower recipes, check these out:
- Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad (with Pasta or Cauliflower)
- Seafood Pasta Salad (Use Pasta or Cauliflower)
- Cauliflower Cheese (Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese)
If you made microwave cauliflower from frozen, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give it a 5-star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! Don't forget to tag #seekinggoodeats
Frozen Cauliflower in Microwave
- 2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid
- 16 ounces frozen cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup water
- optional ideas for serving: salt, pepper, butter, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, fresh parsley, crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add frozen cauliflower to a microwave-safe dish, add water. Cover and microwave from 7 to 10 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
- Drain water and serve.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Top with parmesan cheese, a squeeze of lemon, and add some crushed red pepper flakes to add some spice; drizzle with melted cheese sauce.
- TOP TIPS: For even cooking use a microwave safe dish with rounded edges. Do not use metal. There are variances in wattage for each microwave so cooking time is an estimate. Check after 6 minutes and continue cooking and checking doneness until the cauliflower is done to your liking.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with butter, salt, and pepper.
© 2022 Seeking Good Eats™