Creamy Dill Salad Dressing is a light and refreshing creamy dressing with cucumber, dill, and lemon. So easy and tasty with so many uses. Use this dill dressing on salads as a sauce for seafood, chicken, pork, and a dip for chips and vegetables!
This recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free, low carb, and keto-friendly.
❤️ Dill Dressing
"If you are looking for a delicious salad dressing with dill, this is it! It's easy to throw together and tastes absolutely delicious. I often use this as a sauce for seafood and salmon or crab cakes and as a dip for veggies. Yum." 🙂 -Kori
Super Easy to Make
Making your own homemade salad dressing is so satisfying - not only is it so much tastier and fresher, but you can feel really good about serving this to your family.
There are 12 simple ingredients in this recipe (including salt and pepper). You basically throw everything in a bowl or a lidded jar and mix it up. I love to refrigerate it for a bit to allow the flavors to blend, but you don't have to.
So Much Flavor
There is so much flavor in this healthy dill dressing recipe! I love the combination of the cool cucumber with the creamy lemon dill flavor of the dressing as a whole.
Healthy Sugar Free Salad Dressing
This is a keto, gluten-free, sugar-free, and low-carb dill dressing recipe. So, on top of being easy, it's also quite healthy. There is no skimping on taste, so no one will know it's healthy. Perfect!
If you follow a low carb and keto diet, this creamy dill dressing is a great way to add healthy fat with minimal carbs - only 1.3 g net carbs!
While the full nutritional value is provided at the end of the recipe card, here are the most important if you're following a low carb keto diet:
8.2 g fat | 1.3 g net carbs | 0.9 g protein
If you are interested in keto be sure to get our FREE keto food list and shopping list!
🥗 How To Use Dill Dressing
Need easy serving suggestions? Here are some ways that you can serve your dill sauce:
- It makes a great sauce for chicken, turkey, pork, and seafood! Try our air fryer crab cake recipe and use this dill dressing on the side - SO DANG GOOD!
- Dill dressing for salad - one of my favorite ways to serve this.
- Dip for raw vegetables and chips - get the full list of keto vegetables here
🥘 Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients you'll need to make this recipe:
- Mayonnaise - I always use a good quality avocado oil mayonnaise.
- Sour Cream - use full-fat sour cream unless you are following a low-fat diet.
- Cucumber - I love the freshness of the diced cucumber in this recipe.
- Red Onion - red onion has the best flavor in this salad dressing, but use what you've got if needed.
- Dill - I used fresh dill, but you could substitute dried. The ratio is 1 teaspoon of dried for every 1 tablespoon of fresh.
- Chives - As with the dill, I used fresh, but you could also use dried.
- Lemon Juice - fresh lemon juice is always best but if you've only got bottled, go for it. It will still taste good!
- Garlic - fresh minced
- Kosher Salt or Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Measuring spoons
- Small Mixing Bowl or a 2 cup mason jar with a lid
- Juicer - to juice the lemon
- Optional blender - I left this dressing with chunks of diced cucumber and red onion, but if you like a smoother dressing, you can certainly blend it in your blender.
There are several ways you can vary or make substitutions to this creamy dill salad dressing:
- Play around with different types of herbs. I recommend using the dill and chives but adding additional herbs like parsley or other favorites to change it up if you want.
- Give it a spicy kick with a little hot sauce.
- Substitute shallots, green onion, yellow, or sweet onion, for the red onion.
Here's how to make this dressing - it's VERY EASY!!
Add all ingredients to a bowl or a lidded jar. Whisk or shake until blended if you've got the time, I recommend that you refrigerate the dressing for 1 to 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste, serve.
💭 Expert Tips
- For the best flavor, use fresh herbs, but in a pinch, you can substitute dried. (1 teaspoon of dried = 1 tablespoon fresh)
- If you prefer a smooth dressing (no diced onion or cucumber chunks, use a blender or food processor to process until your dressing is blended and smooth).
- If the dressing too thick for your liking, you can dilute it with milk, cream, or almond milk.
- Save time and use a jar with a lid to mix and store your dressing.
- Adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- This recipe serves 12. If you don't need that many servings, feel free to half the recipe.
❓ Common Questions
How do you store dill dressing?
Store in an air-tight pourable container with a tight lid that you can use to shake the dressing before serving.
What is dill sauce made of?
While there are many recipes and bottled versions out there, this dill sauce recipe is made of mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, cucumbers, red onion, garlic, fresh dill, fresh chives, salt, and pepper.
How long can you keep homemade dill dressing?
How long your homemade dill dressing will keep depends on what you have added to. Because this recipe uses fresh onion and cucumbers, it will keep up to 1 week.
Is dill dressing gluten free?
This creamy dill dressing recipe is gluten-free, but other recipes and store-bought bottled dressing may contain gluten. Always check the bottle to make sure!
Is dill dressing keto friendly?
This is a keto-friendly salad dressing with only 1.4 carbs in total and 8.2 grams of fat. Using this dill dressing for salmon or other seafood as a topping for chicken and pork, you can add extra flavor and the healthy fat you need for the day.
How many carbs in dill dressing?
The carb content of salad dressing can vary wildly, but this recipe only contains 1.4 g carbs, 0.1 g dietary fiber, and 1.3 g net carbs - per 2 tablespoons.
Can you make this dill dressing ahead?
Yes, this dill salad dressing can easily be made ahead. Store it in an airtight jar that you can use for serving as well.
Healthy Salad Dressings
Here are a few more healthy salad dressings you might like! All are easy and healthy, sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, and keto.
- Catalina French Dressing
- Low Carb Keto Italian Dressing Recipe
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Avocado Dressing
- Tzatziki Sauce
⭐ Stay Connected
If you tried this Dill Dressing, I'd love for you to come back and give it a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
📋 Printable Recipe
The best creamy dill salad dressing recipe! Homemade dill dressing with lemon, dill, and cucumber is super easy and quite tasty! This salad dressing recipe is perfect on salads, seafood, chicken, pork, or a dip. This healthy salad dressing is low carb, keto sugar-free, and gluten-free. Dill Dip | Healthy Salad Dressing | Dill Sauce | Lemon Dill | Cucumber Dill