Avocado Dressing (Vegan) is creamy, delicious, and chock full of flavor. You can't go wrong when this salad dressing's ingredients are avocado, cilantro, lime, and almond milk. Simple to make AND healthy - gluten-free, dairy-free, low carb, sugar-free, and keto.
Vegan Avocado Salad Dressing
OH my. The taste. By far one of my favorite salad dressings. This reminds me a bit of fresh guacamole but in a dressing form, and minus the tomatoes.
By the way, if you're looking for a really delicious fresh guacamole recipe, you must try this one! We eat it as a meal sometimes, but maybe I shouldn't admit that? 🙂 Easy Fresh Homemade Guacamole
Simple and Easy
This avocado dressing is quick and simple to make and tastes WAY better than store-bought dressings. I will never buy this as a bottled dressing again! They just can't bottle that fresh taste.
This healthy salad dressing recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, low carb, keto, and has no sugar added. It's so
With only 2 grams of net carbs, 10.9 grams of fat, and 1.1 grams of protein, this dressing should fit nicely into your daily fat, carb, and protein requirements if you are following a low carb or keto diet.
You can find the full nutritional analysis at the bottom of the recipe card, but here are the most important numbers if you are following a low carb and ketogenic diet:
10.9g fat | 1.1 g protein | 2 g net carbs
Ingredients and Tools
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Olive oil
- Lime Juice
- Jalapeno Pepper
- Kosher Salt
There are several ways you can change up this dressing!
- Play with your peppers. You can add more pepper to make it spicy, or you can even try a different type of pepper to kick up the heat.
- You can adjust the quantity of almond milk based on the thickness you desire.
- Substitute different types of nut milk if desired.
- Depending upon the recipe you are serving this with, you could add some fresh or dried herbs. Oregano, cumin, thyme, etc., would all be excellent additions.
How to Serve
There are a variety of ways to serve this vegan salad dressing. Here are few options I think you'll like, plus a few NON-vegan ways to use this dressing (just in case). 🙂
- Serve this as a salad dressing or as a dip.
- Use as a sauce with roasted vegetables of any kind.
- Great as a sauce with beans. I made black beans and used this as a topping - so good!
- A great addition to chilis and soups too.
- For non-vegans or those with family members with mixed dietary needs, this dressing works great as a sauce for tacos, fajitas and as a topping for beef, chicken, pork, or fish.
- Use this as a condiment or substitute for mayonnaise.
Here's how to make this avocado dressing recipe vegan!
- Place the avocado, almond milk, olive oil, cilantro, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy, thick, and smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt as needed. If the salad dressing is too thick for your liking, add water or additional cream to dilute and make it runnier.
- Adjust the dressing with almond milk to your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. For having avocados, this preserves quite well!
- In case you are not vegan - you can make this salad dressing with heavy cream.
Here are the most common questions that people as us:
How long will this dressing keep?
This dressing can be made up to 2 days in advance if it's stored in an airtight container.
How can I lower the fat of this dressing?
You can lower the fat of this avocado salad dressing by using low-fat almond milk. You could also lower the quantity of olive oil used in the recipe.
Can I use regular milk instead of almond milk
What dressings can vegans eat?
Great news! There are a variety of vegan salad dressing brands out there for vegans. Here are some of our favorite brands. You can find these brands at your local store, Thrive Market, Trader Joe's, and Amazon.
Make sure to check the label carefully to make sure you are indeed buying a vegan dressing!
- Primal Kitchen
- Plant Junkie
- Skinny Girl
📋 Printable Recipe
Here are a few vegan salad ideas you might enjoy:
- Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad with Pomegranate and Pecans
- Thai Peanut Salad Recipe (Low Carb Keto Salad)
- Grilled Romaine Hearts (Easy Grilling Recipe)
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice (Keto Cauliflower Rice)
- How To Make Thousand Island Dressing (Keto & Low Carb) (not vegan)
- How To Make Blue Cheese Dressing (not vegan)
- Vegan Ranch Salad Dressing | by Minimalist Baker
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review and Comment on This Recipe
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Avocado Dressing (Vegan) recipe is so healthy and easy. The beautiful green dressing is chock full of flavor and the perfect salad dressing. Avocado lime dressing with cilantro is dairy free, low carb, and keto. If you are not following a vegan diet you could use this sauce as a topping for many things tacos, chicken, pork, beef, and fish - great for families with mixed dietary needs. #avocado #vegansaladdressing #saladdressing #ketosaladdressing #keto #lowcarb #avocadolime #salad