Crockpot Balsamic Chicken is a SUPER simple and easy recipe to make. Tender chicken in an Italian balsamic vinegar sauce with onion and tomatoes.
You won't believe how good this is - and it's really just a dump and go recipe. Bonus: it's also a low carb and keto crockpot chicken recipe too!
🎥 Watch Video
You'll ❤️ Balsamic Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
Simple and Easy To Make
Literally super easy to make and tastes SO delicious! It's really a dump and go recipe. I love that I was able to just use the ingredients I already had in the pantry/freezer to make this recipe - no extra trip to the store! I also got to use some of the canned tomatoes from last Summer's garden. 🙂
Low Carb and Keto Crockpot Chicken
This is a perfect low carb recipe and works perfectly if you're following a keto diet. With only 7.1 g net carbs you are gonna love this!
You can increase fat content even further by using chicken thighs and by increasing olive oil or using butter. Topping with parmesan cheese works well also.
8.8 g fat | 22 g protein | 7.1 g net carbs
Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients and tools you will need to make this Balsamic Chicken Crock Pot Recipe:
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (if not following a low carb diet, use 1 large onion)
- 5 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil (butter or avocado oil also work well)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (can use up to 1/2 cup)
- 2 (14 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
- optional thickener: flour or cornstarch (low carb: 1/2 tsp xanthan gum mixed with 1/2 tsp olive oil)
How To Make Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
Here's how to make this balsamic chicken crock pot recipe. It's so easy you won't believe it. 🙂
Spray the inside of the crockpot with nonstick spray.
Add onions to the crockpot first, then chicken breasts, olive oil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, and then end with tomatoes.
Cover, cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until chicken is done. Note: chicken breasts will dry out much faster than thighs so make sure to check on them!
If you would like to thicken your sauce:
Remove the chicken, cover with foil, and set aside.
In a small bowl mix together 1 to 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with a small amount of cold water (1/8 cup or so), or 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum dissolved in 1 teaspoon olive oil until dissolved.
Mix the dissolved thickener into the crockpot juices and continue to cook for a few minutes on low until the sauce starts to thicken.
Serve and enjoy! This is delicious served over riced cauliflower, pasta, or mashed potatoes. Garnish with a little parmesan cheese and fresh herbs if desired.
- Make sure to thinly slice your onions and lay on the bottom of the slow cooker. Follow with chicken and the rest of the ingredients.
- Some balsamic vinegar brands are sweeter than others. If your balsamic is more acidic add a little bit (1 tbsp to start) of brown sugar after it is done cooking. Adjust to your liking. If you are following a low carb/keto diet you will for sure want the lowest sugar content vinegar. Offset some of the acidity in this dish by adding 1 tbsp brown sugar substitute (like Swerve brown sugar or So Nourished Gold).
- Chicken thighs are moister meat as they have a higher content of fat. Thighs would be great if you have to cook your chicken longer than 4 hours.
- The sauce can be thickened with cornstarch, flour, or xanthan gum (low carb). Served over the chicken it is quite delicious!
- Meal idea! Serve over steamed rice cauliflower, or standard rice, and a side of steamed broccoli.
More Keto Crockpot Chicken Recipes
Here are a few more low carb and keto crockpot chicken recipes I think you'll really enjoy!
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Paprika
- Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Recipe
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
- Crockpot Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- Keto Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker)
- Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup
⭐ Let's Connect
If you tried Crockpot Balsamic Chicken, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give the recipe a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Here's a low carb and keto crockpot chicken recipe that's easy and healthy dinner. Crockpot Balsamic Chicken results in tasty tender chicken with an Italian balsamic vinegar sauce with onions and tomatoes. An easy recipe that is perfect for weeknight meals. Made this panty meal with ingredients we had on hand. #crockpotrecipes #slowcookerrecipes #balsamic #easydinner #pantrymeal #chickenrecipe #healthydinner #lowcarb #keto