Crockpot Balsamic Chicken is a SUPER simple and easy recipe to make. Tender chicken in an Italian balsamic vinegar sauce with onion and tomatoes. You won’t believe how good this is – and it’s really just a dump and go recipe! This recipe is a low carb, and ketogenic friendly.
Crockpot Balsamic Chicken
Here’s a chicken crockpot recipe that’s easy and healthy dinner. Crockpot Balsamic Chicken results in tasty tender chicken with an Italian balsamic vinegar sauce with onions and tomatoes. An easy recipe that is perfect for weeknight meals. Made this panty meal with ingredients we had on hand. #crockpotrecipes #slowcookerrecipes #balsamic #easydinner #pantrymeal #chickenrecipe #healthydinner #lowcarb #keto
Why You Will Love Crockpot Balsamic Chicken
| Simple and Easy To Make
Literally super easy to make and tastes SO delicious! It’s really a dump and go recipe. I love that I was able to just use the ingredients I already had in the pantry/freezer to make this recipe – no extra trip to the store! I also got to use some of the canned tomatoes from last Summer’s garden. 🙂
| Low Carb and Keto Crockpot Chicken
This is a perfect low carb recipe and works perfectly if you’re following a keto diet. With only 7.1 g net carbs you are gonna love this! You can increase fat content even further by using chicken thighs and by increasing olive oil or using butter. Topping with parmesan cheese works well also.
8.8 g fat | 22 g protein | 7.1 g net carbs
What You Will Need to Make Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links, which help to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced (if not following a low carb diet, use 1 large onion)
- 5 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil (butter or avocado oil also work well)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (can use up to 1/2 cup)
- 2 (14 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
- optional thickener: flour or cornstarch (low carb: 1/2 tsp xanthan gum mixed with 1/2 tsp olive oil)
How To Make Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with nonstick spray. Add onions first, then chicken breasts, olive oil, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, balsamic vinegar, and then ending with tomatoes.
- Cover, cook on LOW for 4 hours or until chicken is done. Chicken breasts will dry out much faster than thighs so make sure to check on them!
- Make sure to thinly slice your onions and lay on the bottom of the slow cooker. Follow with chicken and the rest of the ingredients.
- Some balsamic vinegar brands are sweeter than others. If your balsamic is more acidic add a little bit (1 tbsp to start) of brown sugar after it is done cooking. Adjust to your liking. If you are following a low carb/keto diet you will for sure want the lowest sugar content vinegar. Offset some of the acidity in this dish by adding 1 tbsp brown sugar substitute (like Swerve brown sugar or So Nourished Gold).
- Chicken thighs are moister meat as they have a higher content of fat. Thighs would be great if you have to cook your chicken longer than 4 hours.
- The sauce can be thickened with cornstarch, flour, or xanthan gum (low carb). Served over the chicken it is quite delicious!
- Meal idea! Serve over steamed rice cauliflower, or standard rice, and a side of steamed broccoli.
Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
- Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Recipe (Thai Chicken Slow Cooker)
- Crockpot Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup (Keto Soup Slow Cooker)
- Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs (Low Carb and Keto Slow Cooker Chicken)
- Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup (Low Carb and Keto Soup Recipe)
More Easy Crockpot Recipes!
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork (Instant Pot BBQ Pork)
- Best Corned Beef Recipe (Slow Cooker and Instant Pot)
- Slow Cooker Ham With Coke (Low Carb and Keto Ham Recipe)
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes (Low Carb Sloppy Joes)
We’d Love To Hear From You!
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!