Keto Chicken Chili (Slow Cooker) is a super simple and deliciously healthy recipe! Tender chicken and vegetable chili topped with diced avocado, sour cream, cheese, and cilantro - the BEST! Literally a dump-and-go recipe that's totally hands-off until you're ready to serve.
Vegetables replace beans in this white chicken chili making this recipe gluten-free, low carb, keto, with no added sugar.
You'll Love Keto White Chicken Chili
"This is one of my favorite ways to make chili - in the slow cooker and with chicken. YUM. It's easy, low carb keto - and has no beans! This chili has some kick but it's not too spicy." 🙂 - Kori
Easy Slow Cooker Recipe
Keto chicken chili is so easy - just dump it all in your slow cooker, turn it on low all day, and voila! Super easy chili. It really is that simple.
I think you'll love the taste of this recipe. All the seasonings and spices blend perfectly after a day of low and slow cooking, and the chicken with the vegetables and green chilies is delicious. So unique!
You can easily add white beans to this chili or keep it as is with no beans. I personally love all the vegetables in this chili and don't miss the beans at all.
Healthy Low Carb and Keto
Because there are no beans and a lot of vegetables in this chicken chili it so healthy and works well on a keto diet.
The protein is slightly higher than the fat content, but you can overcome this by adding a little extra olive oil and through the toppings: grated cheese, sour cream, diced avocado - it makes it extra delicious!
You can find the full nutritional analysis at the bottom of the recipe card.
15.8 g fat | 6.1 g net carbs | 23.4 g protein
How to Serve
This keto chicken chili recipe is a meal in one, but here are some ideas if you're looking for more. Some of the options are not low carb - sorry. They will be perfect if you have a family with non-low carb or non-keto followers, though!
- Serve with sour cream, cilantro, grated cheese, and diced avocado
- A fresh green salad on the side would be nice. Here is a dressing that would go great with the chili: Avocado Salad Dressing
- Cheese crisps
- Corn chips, tortillas, breadsticks, or cornbread (not low carb)
Ingredients and Tools
- Chicken thighs - boneless and skinless cut into bite-size pieces
- Mushrooms, diced
- Zucchini, diced
- Cauliflower florets, bite-sized
- Onion, chopped
- Garlic, minced
- Chicken broth - you can also use water or water plus 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Canned green chiles - use mild or spicy depending on your preference.
- Seeking Good Eat's White chicken chili seasoning mix - you can also buy a mix from the store.
- Avocado oil - you can also use olive oil, or omit it altogether if you want to lower the fat in this recipe.
- Bay leaf
- Kosher salt - adjust salt and pepper at the end to your liking.
- Chili Toppings - I think the toppings are essential and add such delicious flavor. I top my chili with a dollop of sour cream, fresh cilantro, grated cheese, and diced avocado - it's amazing!!
Here are some different ways you can customize this recipe:
- Add a can of white beans (not low carb)
- Add a can of corn, drained (also not low carb)
- Try diced tomatoes with green chilies for more flavor and spice.
- Use a variety of tomatoes for a different texture.
- Substitute any of the vegetables above for best results; try and keep the same quantity of vegetables as called for in the recipe.
- Add more vegetables like hot peppers (like jalapenos) for the spicy lovers.
- Use chicken breast instead of chicken thighs.
- Substitute cooked ground chicken or turkey.
- Use some smoked sausage with the chicken.
- Start with our white chicken chili seasoning mix recipe, but add herbs and customize the seasoning to your liking! 🙂
Note that if you add additional ingredients the seasoning quantities may need to be adjusted. Also, some ingredients such as fresh vegetables will add more liquid so you may need to thicken the chili before serving.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making keto chicken chili. For a printable recipe please see the recipe card at the bottom of this article.
Add Ingredients to Slow Cooker
Add all ingredients to 5 to 6-quart slow cooker and stir.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
We HIGHLY recommend that you top this chili with sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro, and avocado! - it's seriously the BEST thing ever! 🙂
- Like your chili spicier? You can add cayenne pepper for spice or a few drops of hot sauce. You also add spicy green chilies or other spicy peppers.
- Want your chili thicker? If your chili is not as thick as you would like, there are a few ways you can thicken it. Allow the chili to sit for a few minutes with the lid off.
- Cornstarch. Use 1 tbsp of cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp of water. Add to the chili and stir. Allow chili to sit without a lid for a few minutes, and it will thicken.
- Xanthan Gum (low carb thickener option). Use 1/4 tsp xanthan gum dissolved in 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add to the chili and stir. Allow chili to sit without a lid for a few minutes, and it will thicken.
- Evaporation. If you don't want to use either one of these thickeners, you can remove the lid after the chili is done cooking and continue simmering until the liquid has evaporated enough for your liking.
How can I reduce the fat in this chili?
You can reduce the fat further by eliminating the avocado oil.
How can I increase the healthy fat in this recipe?
You can increase the fat in keto chicken chili by adding some cream and making it more of a creamy chili. I usually add the fats through the toppings. The tastiest toppings are grated cheeses, diced avocado, cilantro, and sour cream. So delicious!
Can I freeze chicken chili?
Yes, chicken chili is freezable! Cook and cool the recipe. Transfer to a freezer-safe container, then freeze. To reheat, partially thaw overnight in your refrigerator. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes prior to heating.
How long will chili keep in the refrigerator?
Chili will keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator after it has cooked. It makes GREAT leftovers!
📋 Printable Recipe
The slow cooker has always my life saver for me! Here are some of my favorite crockpot recipes that I've made over the years:
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken (Keto Low Carb)
- Italian Crock Pot Beef Roast (Instant Pot Beef Recipe)
- Crockpot Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup (Keto Soup Slow Cooker)
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Butt Roast (Low Carb Pork Roast)
- Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs (Low Carb and Keto Slow Cooker Chicken)
Here are a couple of seasoning mixes you might like to try as well:
- Copycat White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix Recipe
- Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix (Healthy Taco Seasoning Recipe)
- Dry Rub For Chicken - The Best Dry Rub!
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review our recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is appreciated! 🙂
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
The BEST chicken chili in your slow cooker (no beans)! So much FLAVOR!! Super easy crockpot recipe loaded with tender chicken, vegetables, and a white chicken chili seasoning! A fuss-free family favorite dinner recipe! A low carb keto chili recipe that everyone in your house can eat. #whitechickenchili #chili #slowcooker #crockpot #nobeanchili #chili #chickenchili #stew #ketochili #easyrecipe #dinnerrecipe #lowcarb #keto #glutenfree #healthyrecipe