Spicy Thai Basil Chicken Recipe (Thai Chicken Slow Cooker) is delicious cooked low and slow all day in a coconut basil chicken broth with Thai seasoning.
Making Thai basil chicken in your crockpot couldn't be easier - just toss it all in and go! This recipe is low carb and keto-friendly too. Serve over coconut cauliflower rice to make it extra tasty.
❤️ Thai Chicken Slow Cooker
An Easy Crockpot Recipe
So easy to make! Dump all ingredients into your slow cooker, turn it on low and go! 🙂
Low Carb and Keto Thai Recipe
This is a great low carb and keto dinner option! Not only is it simple to make and tastes great, but it is healthy too! Serve with the coconut cauliflower rice to add more fat. You can also add 1 additional tablespoon of coconut oil.
fat 9 g net carbs 4.1 g protein 11.5 g
How To Serve
My favorite way to serve spicy Thai basil chicken is over coconut rice. However, because I am following a low carb diet I make Coconut Rice Cauliflower! It is so delicious and good that you will not miss the rice at all. I promise. Recipe: Coconut Cauliflower Rice (Keto Cauliflower Rice)
Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you'll need to make this spicy Thai basil chicken recipe:
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp serrano pepper (or more to taste, jalapeno is fine too!)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tsp Thai seasoning (or more to increase spice)
- 1-1/2 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional thickener, mixed with 1/2 tbsp oil before adding)
- fresh basil to garnish (optional)
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice (Keto Cauliflower Rice)
Step by Step Instructions
Here's how to make this Thai chicken slow cooker recipe:
Place chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
Add green beans, coconut oil, basil, hot pepper, bell pepper, add Thai seasoning.
Turn crockpot on low and cook 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is done.
Season with salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lime. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired. Serve the Spicy Thai Basil Chicken over coconut cauliflower rice - a perfect pairing!
Tip: at the end of cooking, you can thicken the sauce by mixing xanthan gum and a small amount of olive oil together. Add to the slow cooker and stir. Let sit until sauce thickens slightly.
More Slow Cooker Recipes You'll Love
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken (Keto Low Carb)
- Crockpot Cashew Chicken (Keto Cashew Chicken)
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (Keto Beef Stroganoff)
- Italian Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs (Low Carb and Keto Slow Cooker Chicken)
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes (Low Carb Sloppy Joes)
- Easy Keto Low Carb Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review our recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is appreciated! 🙂
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Slow cooker Thai basil chicken is an easy recipe! The perfect Thai recipe and weeknight dinner. Throw this Thai chicken all together in your crockpot. Amazing flavor, make as spicy as you want and serve it over coconut rice. The BEST. Thai chicken that is also low carb and keto recipe! #thai #thaichicken #slowocooker #crockpot #chicken #lowcarb #ketorecipe #ketogenic #seekinggoodeats