Homemade Shake and Bake (Copycat Shake and Bake – Keto), is super easy to make, homemade, healthy, and tastes much better than the original. The best part – this recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, keto-friendly, and all ingredients are pronounceable. You can feel good about that! Make extra to store for later – this will be your go-to seasoning for chicken, pork, and even turkey.
Homemade Shake and Bake (Copycat Shake and Bake – Keto)
Keto seasoning for a homemade shake and bake mix for juicy chicken and pork with a tasty crisp coating. Dang good!! Homemade shake and bake is SUPER easy to make and adds so much flavor! Making shake and bake keto seasoning from scratch is a healthy spice mix! Copycat shake and bake seasoning is sugar-free, low carb, gluten-free, and ketogenic. Clean eating with no preservatives or chemicals. #chicken #pork #glutenfree #sugarfree #cleaneating #keto #lowcarb #spicemix #spiceblend #seasoning
You’re Gonna Love This Healthy Shake and Bake!
Sorry, Kraft. I used to love your Shake ‘n Bake mixes as I was always able to bake extra juicy chicken and pork chops – but now I need something low carb, sugar-free, ketogenic, and with no added chemicals or any unnatural ingredients! Since something like that isn’t available I decided to make my own!
Readers, you’re gonna love this healthy shake and bake, here’s why:
| No Breadcrumbs. No gluten.
That’s right, a homemade shake and bake without breadcrumbs! This means it’s low carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free. What’s the secret ingredient? Pork Panko! 🙂 Yep. Pork panko. You’ll be amazed at how good this is!
| Tastes Better Than The Original
I love this better than the original because it has more flavor. Because I’ve used pork panko the crust becomes crispy and preserves the moisture in the meat! Yum.
| Feel Good About What You’re Serving
There are no unpronounceable chemicals and it is kept as natural as possible. There is no sugar and it is gluten-free.
| Easy To Make!
This is an easy to make recipe! Just dump it all in a bag or bowl and mix together. Perfect.
Make this recipe ahead of time and store it in an airtight container. It doesn’t take more than 5 minutes and you can easily double or triple this recipe!
| Low Carb and Keto Shake and Bake
As I mentioned above, this is low carb and keto-friendly as well as gluten-free. Love it.
fat 3.1 g | net carbs .8 g | protein 5.1 g
What You Will Need to Make Copycat Shake and Bake (Low Carb and Keto)
This is a low carb and keto shake and bake version. The results are very moist chicken and pork with a delicious crispy coating. You’ll love it!
- airtight container or a large jar (if you’re making extra for later! I like to double or triple the recipe)
- mixing bowl
- gallon plastic bag
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
See full ingredient amounts in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
- pork rind panko (this is the exact brand I use, and I buy it in this size which is a large bag – perfect for this recipe)
- almond flour
- kosher salt
- celery salt
- garlic powder
- garlic salt
- minced dried onions
- dried parsley
- dried oregano
- dried basil
How To Make Homemade Shake and Bake
How To Make Copycat Shake and Bake Seasoning Mix
In a bowl mix all ingredients and transfer to an airtight container if storing for later. 1 recipe is an approximate equivalent to 2 packages of Shake and Bake seasoning.
How To Make Shake and Bake Chicken or Pork
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Transfer half of copycat shake and bake mixture to a gallon-sized plastic bag or a bowl. This recipe will use 2 to 2-1/2 pounds of bone-in or boneless chicken or pork pieces.
- Rinse chicken or pork pieces in water and place one piece at a time in a plastic bag. Shake bag until each piece is coated and then place on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue until all pieces are covered, throw away an excess copycat shake ‘n bake left in the bag.
- Bake bone-in chicken pieces for 45 mins, boneless chicken 20 to 25 minutes. Bake bone-in or boneless pork chops for 20 minutes (1/2″ thick pieces). The temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees F and pork 145 degrees F.
More Healthy Seasoning Recipes To Love!
- Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix
- Dry Rub For Chicken (Easy Grilled Chicken Dry Rub) Perfect on pork too!
Our Most Popular Low Carb and Keto Recipes!
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (Keto Beef Stroganoff)
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
- Instant Pot Low Carb and Keto Chicken Soup
- Layered Salad (Layered Overnight Salad)
- Hawaiian Chicken Salad (Keto Chicken Salad Recipe)
We’d Love To Hear From You!
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
Tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Share and tag @seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!