Homemade Shake and Bake (Copycat Shake and Bake - Keto), is super easy to make, homemade, healthy, and tastes much better than the original. The best part - this recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, keto-friendly, and all ingredients are pronounceable.
You can feel good about that! Make extra to store for later - this will be your go-to seasoning for chicken, pork, and even turkey.
You're Gonna Love This Copycat Shake and Bake
Sorry, Kraft. I used to love your Shake 'n Bake mixes as I was always able to bake extra juicy chicken and pork chops. Now I need something low carb, sugar-free, ketogenic, and with no added chemicals or any unnatural ingredients! Since something like that isn't available I decided to make my own! 🙂
Readers, you're gonna love this healthy shake and bake, here's why:
No Breadcrumbs. No gluten.
That's right, a homemade shake and bake without breadcrumbs! This means it's low carb, keto-friendly, and gluten-free. What's the secret ingredient? Pork Panko! 🙂 Yep. Pork panko. You'll be amazed at how good this is!
Tastes Better Than The Original
I love this better than the original because it has more flavor. Because I've used pork panko the crust becomes crispy and preserves the moisture in the meat! Yum.
Feel Good About What You're Serving
There are no unpronounceable chemicals and it is kept as natural as possible. There is no sugar and it is gluten-free.
Easy To Make!
This is an easy to make recipe! Just dump it all in a bag or bowl and mix together. Perfect.
Make this recipe ahead of time and store it in an airtight container. It doesn't take more than 5 minutes and you can easily double or triple this recipe!
Low Carb and Keto Shake and Bake
As I mentioned above, this is low carb and keto-friendly as well as gluten-free. Love it.
fat 3.1 g | net carbs .8 g | protein 5.1 g
Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you will need to make copycat shake and bake! This is a low carb and keto shake and bake version. The results are very moist chicken and pork with a delicious crispy coating. You'll love it!
- pork rind panko (this is the exact brand I use, and I buy it in this size which is a large bag - perfect for this recipe)
- almond flour
- kosher salt
- celery salt
- garlic powder
- garlic salt
- minced dried onions
- dried parsley
- dried oregano
- dried basil
- airtight container or a large jar (if you're making extra for later! I like to double or triple the recipe)
- mixing bowl
- gallon plastic bag
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
How To Make Homemade Shake and Bake
- In a bowl mix all ingredients and transfer to an airtight container if storing for later. 1 recipe is approximately equivalent to 2 packages of Shake and Bake seasoning.
How To Use Shake and Bake with Chicken and Pork
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Transfer half of copycat shake and bake mixture to a gallon-sized plastic bag or a bowl. This recipe will use 2 to 2-1/2 pounds of bone-in or boneless chicken or pork pieces.
- Rinse chicken or pork pieces in water and place one piece at a time in a plastic bag. Shake bag until each piece is coated and then place on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet. Continue until all pieces are covered, throw away an excess copycat shake 'n bake left in the bag.
- Bake bone-in chicken pieces for 45 mins, boneless chicken 20 to 25 minutes. Bake bone-in or boneless pork chops for 20 minutes (1/2" thick pieces). The temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees F and pork 145 degrees F.
📋 Printable Recipe
- Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix
- Dry Rub For Chicken (Easy Grilled Chicken Dry Rub) Perfect on pork too!
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review and Comment on This Recipe
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don't forget to review our dish!
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
Keto seasoning for a homemade shake and bake mix for juicy chicken and pork with a tasty crisp coating. Dang good!! Homemade shake and bake is SUPER easy to make and adds so much flavor! Making shake and bake keto seasoning from scratch is a healthy spice mix! Copycat shake and bake seasoning is sugar-free, low carb, gluten-free, and ketogenic. Clean eating with no preservatives or chemicals. #chicken #pork #glutenfree #sugarfree #cleaneating #keto #lowcarb #spicemix #spiceblend #seasoning