Crockpot Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup is the perfect comfort food recipe! A creamy broth with chicken, mushrooms, onions, white wine, and tarragon - so delicious.
You can easily make this easy chicken soup in an Instant Pot pressure cooker, and instructions are provided. This is a low-carb and keto soup recipe that is also family-friendly.
🎥 Recipe Video
❤️ Crockpot Chicken Mushroom Soup
I know you're gonna love this crockpo chicken mushroom soup! Here's why:
Low Carb and Keto Soup - Slow Cooker
This is a low carb and keto soup made in the slow cooker (or pressure cooker).
Creamy and Delicious
Creamy chicken soup recipes are the quintessential cozy comfort food. Who doesn't love a delicious warm bowl of soup on a cold night? This recipe combines all the ingredients of typical chicken soup but steps it up a notch with a cream base, wine, and herbs. It's tasty, I promise!
My kids and husband devoured this soup. They also debated whether it should be called cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, or cream of chicken and mushroom. LOL! You decide. 🙂
- Olive oil
- Onion, diced
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Clove garlic
- Chicken thighs, boneless & skinless
- Chicken broth or vegetable broth (use only 1-1/2 cup broth for slow cooker method)
- White cooking wine
- Fresh tarragon (or another favorite herb - thyme is nice!)
- Bay leaf
- Kosher salt (if the broth is unsalted use 2-1/2 tsp salt)
- Half and half
- Sour cream
- Optional thickener: xanthan gum, dissolved in 1 tsp olive oil
- slow cooker or instant pot
- cutting board
- chef knife
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Cute serving bowls! (my favorite soup bowl - LOVE these and they stack together for easy storage!)
Here's are the step-by-step instructions from making crockpot cream of chicken and mushroom soup.
Add ingredients to the crockpot. Add chicken, onions, mushrooms, garlic, 1 cup broth, wine, tarragon, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to slow cooker. C
Slow cook. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. (Alternatively, you can saute the onions and mushrooms in olive oil in a skillet until tender before adding to crockpot if you want).
Thicken soup. Remove lid and remove bay leaf. In a small dish, mix xanthan gum with 1/2 tbsp olive oil until dissolved, then add to soup. Stir in half and half and sour cream. Stir until thickened.
Serve. Serve and enjoy!
Do you put raw chicken in soup?
Most recipes call for raw chicken in the soup. The chicken is then simmered in the broth until it is cooked. By using raw chicken, you can get an extra flavorful broth.
What goes best in chicken soup?
So many things can go into chicken soup. As a base, most chicken soup starts with chicken stock or broth. Chicken, onions, carrots, celery, salt, and pepper are then usually added. From there, you can customize your soup with variations of herbs and other additions.
Can I make this in my Instant Pot?
Here's how to make chicken mushroom soup in your Instant Pot pressure cooker. See recipe card for ingredients.
- Set Instant Pot to saute, medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, and mushrooms. Saute for 5 to 6 min minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Add garlic and chicken. Saute for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn off the saute setting.
- Add broth, wine, butter, tarragon, bay leaf, salt, and pepper to the pot. Secure lid and pressure cook on high, for 6 minutes. Allow the steam to release for 15 minutes, then manually release the remaining steam.
- Remove bay leaf from soup. Mix xanthan gum with 1/2 tbsp olive oil until dissolved and add to soup. Stir until thickened. Add half and half and sour cream. Serve and enjoy!
How do you make soup thick and creamy?
To make soup thick and creamy, you should use a thickener. A typical thickener would be cornstarch and flour. If you are following a low-carb and keto diet, the best thickener is xanthan gum.
Start by dissolving 1/2 tsp xanthan gum with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and mix. Add to soup and stir. A little goes a long way! Usually, I can thicken soup nicely with 1/2 tsp only.
Adding cheese will also help thicken the soup. You can also allow the soup liquid to simmer and evaporate.
✔️ Related Recipes
More Chicken Soup Recipes:
- Instant Pot Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- Creamy Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup
Keto Soup Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Easy Tomato and Basil Soup (Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Soup)
- Easy Pumpkin Soup Recipe (Low Carb and Keto Pumpkin Soup)
- Creamy Keto Mushroom Soup (Condensed Cream of Mushroom)
⭐ Let's Connect
Did you try one of my recipes and love it? Let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give the recipe a 5 star rating and a comment 🙂
Let's stay connected, please drop a comment or share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest! Don't forget to tag #seekinggoodeats
Crockpot cream of chicken and mushroom soup is an easy recipe that is also a low carb and keto recipe that anyone can eat whether on a ketogenic diet or not. This chicken soup is cozy comfort food, family-friendly, and the perfect dinner idea for chilly nights. This slow cooker soup can be made in your Instant Pot too! #soup #slowcooker #crockpot #instantpot #keto #lowcarb #healthydinner #dinneridea #easyrecipe #comfortfood #mushroomsoup
Thank you for this delicious recipe. We gobbled it right up. Even my picky preschooler loved it. I’ll be making this again for sure.
Thank you! If a picky preschooler loved it then it is for sure a successful recipe! lol! 🙂