Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup (Low Carb and Keto Soup Recipe) is a fiesta in a bowl! Chicken, peppers, onions, seasoning, cream, and cheese meld together to make this tasty creamy chicken fajita soup! An easy slow cooker soup that is also a low carb and keto recipe that everyone can enjoy. Instructions for making in your Instant Pot included!
Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup (Low Carb and Keto Soup Recipe)
The best keto soup! Creamy chicken fajita soup is so tasty and easy to make in the crockpot. Keto slow cooker Mexican soup is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe. Easily adapted Instant Pot recipe so you’ve got even more options. A perfect Mexican recipe for taco Tuesdays! A perfect keto slow cooker dinner idea! #keto #mexian #soup #tacotuesday #slowcooker #crockpot #lowcarb #seekinggoodeat #instantpot
Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup is The Best!
| TASTY Slow Cooker Soup
This one, in particular, is super tasty and full of zest. You really can customize the spice in this by changing from mild, medium, or hot salsa. You could also add diced jalapeno, or hot sauce to kick up the heat as well! I have a tendency to keep things on the mild side so that everyone in my house will eat. Those who like it spicy can zest it up when they eat.
I love slow cooker/crockpot recipes. They are perfect when you are a busy working person such as myself. I am sure I repeat myself a lot, but a slow cooker is a lifesaver for me while working full time and raising a family. It is fuss-free!
| The BEST Soup Recipe
Maybe because I am partial to my own recipe, but my family says this is the BEST chicken fajita soup. Last night my husband declared that it was the best soup he’d ever eaten and love that it was the perfect mix of creaminess and broth. Thanks, hubby! (He’s my biggest supporter) 🙂
| EASY Soup
Really there is not too much to do other than cut your veggies, the rest is just dumping certain ingredients in at the beginning, and others at the end.
| HEALTHY Soup Recipe
This healthy soup recipe is low in carbs, has no added sugar, is gluten free, and keto-friendly. If you wish to increase healthy fat in this recipe you can add more avocado oil, more cheese, and top with fresh avocado and sour cream.
fat 21.1 g | net carbs 8.2 g | protein 39.3 g
| InstantPot Soup!
This chicken fajita soup can be made in your InstantPot/pressure cooker. Instructions below! 🙂
What You Will Need to Make This Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup
This post may contain affiliate links, which helps to keep this content free (Full Disclosure)
- Slow cooker/Crockpot
- Chef’s knife
- Cheese grater or food processor with a grater attachment
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 4 bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces (make it pretty with different colored peppers!)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1″ pieces
- double Copycat Taco Seasoning recipe
- 24 oz chicken broth
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 8 oz chunky salsa
- 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or more, if desired)
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional low carb thickener)
- salt and pepper to taste (if the broth is unsalted, start with 1 to 1-1/2 tsp kosher salt when adding broth in step one)
How To Make Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup
Add onion, peppers, garlic, chicken thighs, broth, taco seasoning, avocado oil, and salt to the crockpot. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours until chicken is done.
About 30 minutes before serving, bring half and half and sour cream to room temperature. Stir in salsa and cheese until melted. Stir in the room temperature half and half and then sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
How To Make Chicken Fajita Soup -Instant Pot
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, chicken thighs, broth, avocado oil, and salt to the Instant Pot. Secure lid and cook on High pressure for 4 minutes. Allow the pot to release it’s steam naturally. While waiting for the pot to release pressure, removed half and half and sour cream and allow to come to room temperature.
- Remove the lid from the pot when pressure is released. Stir in salsa and cheese until melted. Stir in the room temperature half and half and then sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
| Can I make this soup in an Instant Pot?
Yes! Instructions are above, but add all ingredients except the salsa, cheese, half and half, and soup. Cook on the High-pressure setting for 4 minutes. Allow pressure to release natually. Remove lid when pressure is released, add remaining ingredients. Serve and enjoy!
| How can I add more fat to this recipe?
Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of avocado oil, add additional cheese, top with avocado and sour cream.
| How can I thicken my keto soup?
An easy way to thicken soups when following a keto diet is to use xanthan gum. Use it sparingly as a little goes a long way. Mix 1/4 to 1/2 tsp xanthan gum in a small bowl with 1 tbsp of olive oil or avocado oil. Add the mixture into whatever you are trying to thicken.
| How long will this soup last?
This soup will last 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator! You can also freeze it if you use an airtight container. Thaw before reheating.
Crockpot Soup Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Tomato and Basil Soup (Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Soup)
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup with Beer Brats (Keto Instant Pot Recipe)
Keto Mexican Recipes To Make – So Delicious!
- Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers (Keto Stuffed Peppers)
- Low Carb Chicken Enchiladas (Keto Zucchini Enchilada Boats)
- Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats
- Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix
We’d Love To Hear From You!
We’d LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here’s how:
1 | REVIEW OUR RECIPE
We love reviews! Please leave any questions and comments below and don’t forget to review our dish!
2 | SHARE YOUR PHOTOS
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We’d LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
3 | PIN OUR PIN
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!