Cajun Keto Sausage and Peppers Recipe, is a quick and easy one-pan meal! Sauteed sausage with peppers and onions, cajun seasoning, topped with sour cream and cheese make a wonderfully simple weeknight meal. Low carb, keto, and gluten free too!
🎥 Watch Video
❤️ You'll Love This Keto Sausage Recipe
"1 pan, 7 ingredients, and less that 20 minutes to the most flavorful and satisfying weeknight dinner recipe. This keto sausage recipe is on my menu almost weekly! Should I admit that? lol" 🙂 -Kori
Quick and Easy
A super simple keto sausage recipe is just what you need on a busy weeknight. Cajun keto sausage and peppers has only 7 ingredients and takes less than 20 minutes in a skillet.
Cajun Inspired Twist
No need to settle for just plain keto sausage and peppers. Give it some pep with a Cajun twist. There is just something about the combination of peppers, onions, sausage, cheese, and Cajun seasoning that makes this a super satisfying dish.
This recipe is gluten free, low carb, keto, and has no added sugar.
Add more healthy fat by garnishing with avocado slices.
Here are the nutrient facts that most pertain to low carb and keto followers. for full nutrition information see the recipe card.
27 g fat | 8.6 g net carbs | 11.5 g protein
How to Serve
Serving this recipe is quite easy as it's really a meal in one. If you want a little more, here are some ideas:
- Serve over a side of steamed rice cauliflower (or regular rice if you're not following low carb or keto).
- Make a simple fresh side salad with a favorite dressing. Try this avocado dressing, it would go really well with cajun sausage and peppers!
- Don't limit your self to sour cream and cheese as a topping, try avocado slices and fresh diced tomato.
- Adjust the seasoning to your tastes. Add salt and pepper if you want.
Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you'll need to make this low carb keto sausage and peppers recipe:
- Kielbasa sausage - you can also use smoked sausage, andouille, or other cajun sausage. Make sure it is keto friendly they sometimes sneak carbs and sugar in the sausages.
- Bell peppers - any color
- Onion - I used yellow, but a sweet onion, or red would be good too.
- Cajun seasoning - use a favorite salted Cajun seasoning blend.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Sour cream - use full fat for keto
- Cheddar cheese - freshly grated is best!
There are several ways you can make substitutions or vary this recipe:
- Don't like Cajun seasoning? Use another salted seasoning blend. Creole, taco seasoning, lemon pepper - whatever you like. You can add an unsalted seasoning and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Make it dairy free by omitting the sour cream and cheese.
- Add spicy heat with a favorite Cajun inspired hot sauce.
- Add shrimp - so delicious!
- Add mushrooms and diced zucchini into the bell peppers and onion when sauteeing.
Here's how to make this delicious Cajun sausage and peppers recipe:
Prepare and assemble all ingredients. Slice peppers, removing pulp and seeds. Slice onions thinly, and slice sausage into 1/2" slices.
With 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, saute sausage until it is heated through and getting a nice brown color. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
Add remaining olive oil and saute peppers and onions until they reach your desired tenderness.
Add cajun seasoning and stir. Adjust seasoning to your liking.
Serve and top with sour cream and grated cheddar cheese
- Buy pre-cooked sausage from the store so you only have to brown it. Some sausage comes raw and will need to cook according to the package instructions.
- Double check that the sausage is keto friendly - sometimes they slip carbs and sugar in.
- Cook the peppers and onions to your desired tenderness level.
Keto Dinner Recipes
- Italian Crock Pot Beef Roast
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup with Beer Brats
- Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese Frittata
- Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
More Recipes With Bell Peppers
⭐ Let's Connect
If you tried this Cajun Keto Sausage and Peppers Recipe, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give the recipe a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
An amazing keto recipe that is super easy! Cajun sausage and peppers is a one-pan dinner that you can whip together in a hurry. Only a few ingredients, this keto sausage recipe is a perfect weeknight dinner idea! Love a one-pan meal! #peppers #cajun #keto #sausagerecipe #lowcarb #seekinggoodeats #easyrecipe #healthyrecipe #dinneridea #quickrecipe #onepanmeal