This tasty cream cheese shrimp dip recipe might literally be the fastest and easiest appetizer recipe ever! Make this cold shrimp dip with only 3 ingredients and less than 3 minutes to prepare! Keep ingredients on hand for a quick appetizer when the inevitable drop-in guests arrive. 🙂
- WATCH: Shrimp Dip with Cream Cheese
- Why You'll ❤️ This Cold Shrimp Dip
- Shrimp Dip Recipe ingredients
- Shrimp Cream Cheese Dip Variations to try
- How To Make Shrimp Dip
- How to Serve Shrimp Dip with Cream Cheese
- How to Store Cream Cheese Shrimp Dip
- Cold Shrimp Dip FAQs
- Shrimp Cream Cheese Dip
- More Appetizer Recipes
WATCH: Shrimp Dip with Cream Cheese
Why You'll ❤️ This Cold Shrimp Dip
"Flashback! This shrimp dip brings back so many memories! I had an Aunt that used to bring this dip to every family party, and it was always a hit. (I won't say what decade as that might age me)" 🙂 -Kori
Super Easy Appetizer! With 3 simple ingredients, this can easily be made in less than 3 minutes. The ingredients can be kept on hand for last-minute guests, too - which you will love. Jazz it up with sliced green onions or fresh dill if desired.
Tasty Appetizer Recipe. Shrimp and cocktail sauce is an amazing combination that almost everyone loves. Turned into a cold cream cheese dip with shrimp - it's even tastier! Serve with crackers or veggies. Yum.
Keto Shrimp Dip. While this dip is perfect for everyone, it definitely falls into the low carb and keto diet nicely. Low carb watchers and keto dieters can dip their favorite veggies, while others can eat with crackers.
Shrimp Dip Recipe ingredients
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this shrimp dip recipe:
- Cocktail Sauce - Try my homemade sugar-free cocktail sauce - it's super easy! This dip is only as good as your cocktail sauce. Make sure it's good quality and a favorite! Keto followers make sure it is a keto-friendly sauce and sugar-free). Make it spicier by adding hot sauce to the cocktail sauce.
- Canned Shrimp - you can also use cooked chopped shrimp, thawed, frozen or fresh (cooked) shrimp. Use the small salad shrimp, or medium sized is fine. You can also substitute crabmeat if desired.
- Cream Cheese - use regular or nonfat - softened.
- Optional for garnish - sliced green onions, chopped fresh chives or dill.
💡Tip: make sure to use a favorite cocktail sauce that you've tested and love! This dip is as good as your cocktail sauce.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest for later! 😉
What is the best Keto Cocktail Sauce?
A keto cocktail sauce should contain no sugar. Every brand has a different taste so the best choice will be according to your personal preference. However, the best keto cocktail sauce is super simple to make yourself. Mix 1 cup sugar free ketchup, 1/2 tablespoon of creamy horseradish, and a pinch or two of allulose (or other sweetener) together in a small bowl. Adjust the flavors according to your tastes. That’s all there is to it!
Shrimp Cream Cheese Dip Variations to try
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, or hot sauce to the cocktail sauce.
- Use a chive cream cheese.
- Chili sauce can be substituted for cocktail sauce.
- Old bay seasoning can be added to the cocktail sauce or sprinkled on top of the shrimp.
- Canned crabmeat can be substituted for the canned shrimp. Shrimp can be chopped and used in place of canned.
- Make it a hot shrimp dip - bake in the oven just until warmed through. I like to add the shrimp in the last few minutes because if baked too long, they can become rubbery.
How To Make Shrimp Dip
1. Let the cream cheese come to room temperature, make the cocktail sauce, and thaw the shrimp if needed.
2. Place the cream cheese in the bottom of a dish. You can spread it out slightly or leave it in its original shape.
3. Spread cocktail sauce over the top, then top with shrimp.
How to Serve Shrimp Dip with Cream Cheese
Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Garnish with fresh dill, chives, or sliced green onions. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice for more zest.
Serve with raw veggies such as carrot and celery sticks and crackers.
I include a small cocktail spreader or butter knife, which makes it easier to spread on crackers.
How to Store Cream Cheese Shrimp Dip
Leftover shrimp dip can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It cannot be frozen, unfortunately.
Cold Shrimp Dip FAQs
Yes, you can use fresh or frozen cooked shrimp. If the shrimp are on the larger side, make sure to chop them as it's easier to serve on veggies or crackers.
Yes! You can make this appetizer up ahead of time, but it only takes 3 minutes, so it's super easy to make it right before you want to serve it. Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
If you do make this ahead of time, cover and refrigerate. Remove about 30 minutes before serving to make sure it is soft enough.
This appetizer will keep up to 4 days.
Shrimp Cream Cheese Dip
- 10 ounces cocktail sauce (use regular or sugar free)
- 6 ounces canned shrimp (or, diced cooked frozen or fresh shrimp)
- 8 ounce block of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- Lay room temperature cream cheese in a dish. You can spread it out slightly, or leave it as is.
- Pour cocktail sauce over the top of cream cheese
- Top with shrimp. Garnish with fresh or dried dill.
- Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™
More Appetizer Recipes
- Easy Cream Cheese Dip with Pomegranate and Maple Bacon
- Dry Rub Chicken Wings with White BBQ Sauce
- Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Cheese Stuffed Baked Meatballs
- Fresh Homemade Guacamole
- Pizza Dip
- Air Fryer Cheese Curds
- Simple Charcuterie Board
- Christmas Charcuterie Board
This shrimp dip will be your favorite easy appetizer recipe! This gluten free, low carb, and keto appetizer is so quick it will blow you away - less than 3 minutes to make! Keep ingredients for a spur-of-the-moment snack recipe! A perfect make-ahead appetizer for your next party, cookout, or holiday gathering. Serve with fresh veggies and crackers. #easydip #shrimp #appetizer #easyappetizer #holidayrecipe #partydip #seekinggoodeats #keto #lowcarb #seafood #seafoodappetizer #healthysnack #partysnack