Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower is a quick and easy side dish for any night of the week. You'll love its smokey seasoned flavor - with only 5 simple ingredients and less than 15 minutes. Bonus: it's healthy, low-carb, keto-friendly, and low-calorie!
You'll ❤️ Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
"Who knew you could air fry frozen cauliflower? It's a wonderful alternative to my usual method of just microwaving them. If you want delicious roasted cauliflower quickly - the air fryer is the way to go."
Inexpensive Side Dish
Frozen vegetables are always an easy grab at the grocery store. Frozen cauliflower is super affordable and will keep for a long time in the freezer. They make a great alternative to fresh vegetables if you know you have a busy week ahead.
Quick to Crisp
You might think putting frozen vegetables into the air fryer would turn out soggy or not crisp, but that is far from the truth! Coating the cauliflower with oil and cooking it in the air fryer gives it a nice color. Roasting them is done in a fraction of the time.
This recipe is a keto lover's dream because it is low-carb and low-calorie! It is also gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, and Whole30. See the nutritional analysis in the recipe card for more information.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make frozen cauliflower in air fryer:
Frozen Cauliflower - purchase the amount of cauliflower you want to make for the number of people you're serving. If air frying fresh cauliflower, the cooking time will need to be adjusted.
Olive Oil - use olive oil or avocado oil.
Smoked Paprika - you'll love the flavor this gives the cauliflower, but if you only have regular paprika that is fine too.
Garlic Powder - a pantry staple, but you can use onion powder if preferred.
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Air Fry Frozen Cauliflower
Here's how to make frozen cauliflower in air fryer:
Prepare the Cauliflower
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F.
In a medium-sized bowl, add frozen cauliflower, olive oil, kosher salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss to coat the cauliflower evenly.
Place cauliflower florets to the air fryer basket and cook for 8 to 12 minutes (depending on your air fryer) or until the desired doneness is reached. Make sure you toss or turn the cauliflower halfway during the cooking process.
Garnish and Serve
Add any optional or additional garnishes such as seasonings, parmesan cheese, freshly squeezed lemon juice, or fresh herbs!
🥗 How To Serve
Here are a few ways to serve frozen cauliflower in air fryer:
Jazz up your cauliflower by adding some additional toppings such as grated parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, and freshly squeezed lemon juice to make your cauliflower elevated!
Use this cauliflower recipe as a base in place of starches in other recipes such as rice or potatoes.
Air Fryer Meal Idea! - serve cauliflower as a side dish to these Air Fryer Keto Chicken tenders or Air Fry Frozen Pork Chops. A fresh green salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing will balance your meal it out nicely!
Here are a few ways you can customize this recipe:
- Add crushed red pepper flakes to your cauliflower if you want to add some spice! You could always use your favorite hot sauce and add it to the cauliflower for each bite.
- Adjust any seasonings to your liking. You can omit and add any seasoning blend that you prefer.
- Cook your cauliflower for longer if you like crispier cauliflower or for less time if you like it less crispy.
💭 Top Tips
- Don't overcrowd the basket. More than 12 ounces at a time will cause your cauliflower to steam instead of browning and crisping in the air-fryer.
- For best results, always preheat the air fryer.
- Depending on the air-fryer, place a small metal pan or catch made of aluminum foil underneath your cauliflower in case it drips to help keep your air-fryer clean.
- There are temperature variances among air fryer units. Know your air fryer and adjust this recipe accordingly.
How To Store
Allow your cauliflower to cool completely uncovered, then cover it in an air-tight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How To Reheat
Reheat your cauliflower in the air-fryer on low heat until the desired temperature and caramelization has been reached. Microwaving can add moisture to the reheating process giving you mushy, reheated cauliflower.
Yes, most, if not all, vegetables can be cooked from frozen fairly quickly in the air fryer. We have a simple recipe below for you to follow for frozen cauliflower!
Depending on the size of your cauliflower pieces, they should only take anywhere from 8 to 12 minutes to cook in the air fryer at 390 degrees. As mentioned above in our top tips section, all air fryers vary from one to the other, so be sure to keep an eye on your cauliflower as it cooks and adjust your timing if needed.
Cauliflower is great with many different dips, including dill dip and hummus, as two of the highest-rated. Other foods that go well with cauliflower include apples, mangoes, pomegranates, jack fruits, and pumpkin. This versatile vegetable can be served as a side with most dishes and served in both soups and stir-fries.
✔️ More Cauliflower Recipes
Got more cauliflower recipes for you to check out!
- Air Fried Cauliflower
- Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
- Cauliflower Cheese (Keto Cauliflower Mac and Cheese)
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad (with Pasta or Cauliflower)
- Seafood Pasta Salad (Use Pasta or Cauliflower)
Frozen Cauliflower in Air Fryer
- 12 ounces frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F
- In a medium sized bowl add frozen cauliflower, olive oil, kosher salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- Transfer cauliflower florets to the air fryer basket and cook 8 to 12 minutes (depending on your air fryer) or until desired tenderness is reached, turning cauliflower halfway during cooking process.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Top with parmesan cheese, a squeeze of lemon, and add some crushed red pepper flakes for spice.
- TOP TIPS: Do not overload the air fryer with more than 12 ounces of cauliflower or there will be too much moisture and the cauliflower will steam instead of roast. If that does happen it's okay - it still tastes great! There are variances in air fryer cooking times so cooking time is an estimate. Check after 6 minutes and continue cooking and checking doneness until the cauliflower is done to your liking.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™