White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix is a healthy substitution for the McCormick packets that you buy in the store. This copycat recipe is healthy, easy to make and uses all-natural ingredients.
AND... it takes less than 5 minutes. Make a large batch and store it in an airtight container for later! A low carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, keto chili seasoning recipe.
🎥 Recipe Video
❤️ White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix
"I have been making chicken chili for years - but I was using unhealthy premixed seasoning packets! This homemade mix is super simple, healthier, and cheaper. I love that I know that I am putting natural ingredients in my family's food." -Kori
I love that the ingredients used in this recipe are all-natural and are pretty common household spices. The only one that isn't as common is the green chili powder. If you don't have it, you can omit it from the recipe. 👍
If you don't want either, omit and remove the lid from the chili. Continue simmering until the liquid is reduced to your desired constancy
Easy to Make
Okay there are a couple of reasons I made this recipe.
One, I am a busy person and love recipes that I can just dump stuff in. I'll often use seasoning mixes to speed my cooking along, but unfortunately, this isn't always the healthiest option.
Two, I can't always find the mix in my local store. I live in a somewhat rural area, maybe that's why?
Three, this is so easy I have no idea why I didn't think of this sooner! LOL 🙂 I mean, I usually have all the ingredients on hand, and it takes less than 5 minutes to whip up a huge batch (I usually quadruple the recipe) and store it.
Because the store-bought seasoning packets use corn starch, flour, and sugar, I played around with substitutions until I came up with a sugar-free and cornstarch (carb) free low carb keto-friendly option.
I'm so excited because it literally tastes the same as the original version! Voila! A low carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, keto-friendly recipe was born! 🙂
Our Mix: 2.2 g net carbs + 17 calories + 0 fat
McCormick White Chicken Chili Seasonng Mix: 6 g net carbs + 25 calories + 0 fat
🧾 Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients and tools you will need to make this recipe:
Full ingredient amounts are listed in the recipe below 🙂
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder (red)
- Green chili powder - I bought my green chili powder on a trip to New Mexico but you can find it at your local grocery store or on Amazon. If you can't find it, no worries, just omit.
- Kosher Salt
- Cayenne pepper
- Sugar or a sugar substitute - you can easily use a sugar substitute (like granulated monk fruit or stevia) as long as it has a 1:1 ratio and you use the same equivalent as the recipe calls for.
- Thickener - use cornstarch or xanthan gum (xanthan gum is a common thickener use in low carb and keto diets)
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Airtight container (if keeping a pre-made stash in your pantry)
- Feel free to play around with your seasonings and herbs! There is no hard-fast rule. The best recipe is always adaptable and tastes best to YOU. 🙂
- I use this seasoning mix in my Slow Cooker Keto Chicken Chili Recipe. This seasoning mix combined with the 8oz green chilies that that recipe calls for has some kick. If you are unsure how spicy your recipe will be start with 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper then add more later to taste.
- Don't want to use xanthan gum or cornstarch? That's totally fine! Add seasoning to your chili recipe, simmer according to the recipe, remove lid and cook down the liquid until the chili is the desired consistency you are looking for.
Here are the instructions for making both the seasoning mix and a super simple white chicken chili.
How to Make White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients.
- 1 recipe is equal to 1 store-bought seasoning packet. Use according to recipe instructions below or in this slow cooker chicken chili (no beans)
- Make extra and store in an air-tight container for later use.
How to Make Easy White Chicken Chili
- 1 recipe of white chicken chili seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound of chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces (1")
- 16 oz can white beans, do not drain
- 4 oz diced green chilies, do not drain
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until chicken is done, stirring frequently for approximately 5 to 6 minutes. (chicken is done when it is no longer pink, or to be 100% sure use an instant-read thermometer. Chicken is done at 165 degrees F.)
- Add seasoning mix, beans, green chilies, and chicken broth. Stir and then bring to a boil. Cover, turn down the heat, and simmer the chili for 15 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with cheese, avocado, sour cream and cilantro.
💭 Helpful Tips
- 1 recipe equals 1 McCormick packet. Use the packet in our Low Carb Keto Chicken Chili Recipe or the recipe above.
- Always use the freshest dried herbs for the best results.
- If you like your chili on the spicy side use 1/2 tsp - or more of cayenne pepper.
- If you can't find green chili powder you can omit it.
❓ Common Questions
What is in white chicken chili seasoning?
This seasoning contains powdered red peppers, green chili pepper, and cayenne pepper, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, pepper, a thickening agent, and sometimes other preservatives.
How do I store dry seasoning mix?
You can store dry seasoning mix in an air-tight container for up to 4 months. Making your own seasoning is a healthy and cheaper option to seasoning your recipes quickly!
How long will this seasoning keep?
If stored in an air-tight container and used the freshest dried seasoning, you can store this seasoning for up to 4 months in an air-tight storage container.
Is this seasoning mix keto?
The store-bought white chicken chili seasoning is not the best seasoning to use on a keto diet, as they contain 6 grams of carbs per serving and use sugar in the mix as well, as cornstarch and flour is a thickener.
Our homemade copycat seasoning uses all keto-friendly ingredients - sugar substitute, xanthan gum - and has only 2.2 net carbs.
📋 Printable Recipe
✔️ Related Recipes
Two delicious chili recipes I think you'll love:
Seasoning Mixes and Sauces
Here are some other copycat seasoning mixes and sauce you might like to try:
- Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix (Healthy Taco Seasoning Recipe)
- Dry Rub For Chicken - The Best Dry Rub! (Video)
- Copycat "Big Mac" Sauce Recipe (Sugar Free & Keto)
- Healthy Stir Fry Sauce (Keto Stir Fry Sauce)
⭐ How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review our recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is appreciated! 🙂
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
Copycat White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix is a healthy substitution for the packets that you buy in the store. The perfect seasoning mix for your next chicken chili recipe adventure. A low carb, gluten-free, keto seasoning recipe. #chiliseasoning #chilirecipe #whitechickenchili #ketochili #seasoningmix #healthyrecipe #lowcarb #keto #spices #glutenfree #whole #sugarfree