Strawberry goat cheese salad is fresh and delicious + easy to make. This healthy salad recipe has the perfect balance of flavors and textures - crunchy, soft, sweet, tangy, and salty. A beautiful salad to serve year-round.
You'll This Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese
"Are you looking to branch out from the usual iceburg lettuce salad you eat every night? 😉 I think you'll really enjoy this one - It's beautiful and the perfect balance of sweet and tangy."
If you love salads with vinaigrette-based dressings make sure to try this Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad with Pomegranate and Pecans or Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad. The salad with kale is full of fruit and pecans and the cherry tomato salad is SUPER easy!
Balanced flavor! You'll love the balance of sweet, salty, tangy, and refreshing when enjoying this salad. My favorite part is all the different textures
Quick to make! Cut up a few ingredients, toss them together, and top it with our maple balsamic vinaigrette! That's it! Tip: Save even more time by purchasing a store-bought vinaigrette!
It's healthy. Strawberry salad with goat cheese is low carb, gluten-free, low calorie, and can be easily adjusted fit many different dietary needs! Check out the variations and how to serve section below for ideas!
Goat Cheese Strawberry Salad Ingredients
Just a few notes on the ingredients you will need:
- Spring Salad Mix with Arugula - any favorite salad blend with baby spinach and arugula. If it has arugula, great. If not, be sure to add it. Arugula adds a nice peppery taste to the salad!
- Maple Balsamic Dressing - you will love it and it only takes 5 minutes (or less). If you don't feel like making your own feel free to use your favorite bottled brand.
- Sliced Almonds: walnuts can be used in place of almonds.
- Fresh Strawberries
- Green Onion - red onions would also be a great substitute.
- Goat Cheese Crumbles - if you can't find crumbles buy a block and crumble it yourself it usually falls apart easily.
- Fresh Italian Parsley
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
How To Make Strawberry and Goat Cheese Salad
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making strawberry goat cheese salad:
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl then drizzle with vinaigrette
- Using salad tongs, mix until all greens are well coated.
- Serve this salad immediately to prevent your spring mix from becoming soft and wilted. Enjoy!
How To Serve
Meal Idea! This salad goes perfectly alongside Dry Rub Grilled Chicken with White BBQ Sauce. It's amazing!
Side dish. It makes a great side salad to almost any meal!
Great for parties! This can easily be doubled or tripled if making for a party. Toss the dressing in right before serving.
Make a meal out of it. Top with any of your other favorite toppings! I suggest bacon, hard-boiled egg, freshly squeezed lemon, fresh diced red onion, or dried cranberries.
Be sure to save this pin to Pinterest for later! 🙂
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this strawberry salad:
- Greens - substitute or add any additional salad greens that you prefer! I suggest baby spinach, arugula, or chopped romaine!
- Nuts - feel free to add or replace your favorite nuts in place of the almonds. Some other options could be pistachios, walnuts, or pecans.
- Fruit - other fruit suggestions would be diced apple, sliced pear, or blackberries.
Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese FAQs
The salad itself does not keep once everything is mixed together. If you want to enjoy leftovers, pack the dry ingredients separately from the dressing and then tossing them together when you're ready to eat.
More Salad Recipes
- Best Greek Salad
- Italian Antipasto Salad Platter
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad (with Pasta or Cauliflower)
- Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad with Pomegranate and Pecans - another delicious salad with fresh fruit and nuts!
- Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Best Broccoli Salad Recipe
Goat Cheese Salad with Arugula and Strawberries
- 5 ounces spring salad mix with baby spinach and arugula (approximately 6 cups by volume)
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries (de-stemmed and quartered)
- ½ cup green onion (chopped)
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- ⅓ cup fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
- ½ cup maple balsamic dressing
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and drizzle with dressing. Toss gently to coat.
- Adjust any ingredients to your liking. Serve immediately.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Substitute the spring mix with baby spinach, arugula, or chopped romaine. Use any favorite variety of glazed or raw nuts - walnuts and pecans are nice!
- TOP TIPS: This salad does not keep well once the dressing is added. Serve immediately. Halve the recipe if you don't think you will eat it all.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Goes well with grilled chicken, pork, steak, or fish. Make it a meal by adding diced cooked bacon, hardboiled egg or chicken.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™