Hawaiian Chicken Salad (Keto Chicken Salad Recipe), with coconut, pineapple, macadamia nuts, and a creamy dressing with curry – this is a delicious taste of the tropics. A perfect make-ahead salad – great for parties, potlucks, and leftover lunches! Tastes best the next day after the flavors and juices have blended together. Try this tasty Hawaiian spin on a traditional chicken salad recipe. So delish, everyone will love!
The Perfect Tasty Keto Chicken Salad
Aloha! Keto Hawaiian Chicken Salad is a taste of the tropics you will love! A simple make-ahead recipe, this healthy salad is perfect for parties, cookouts, and leftovers. This low carb and keto chicken salad will be your new favorite healthy recipe. Everyone loves this healthy salad!
A Perfect Keto Chicken Recipe
Quick and Easy Make Ahead Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Our chicken salad has a tropical Hawaiian twist that you will love. With chicken, pineapple, grapes, celery, water chestnuts, macadamia nuts, toasted coconut, with a creamy dressing, it is a pretty straightforward and simple recipe.
This quite literally tastes best if you make it the day before and let the flavors blend. Fix and forget about it – the perfect salad if you are having company over or heading out the next day to a party or cookout. Couldn’t be easier. Love it!
Serve on it’s own, make a lettuce wrap, or stuff it over half an avocado – SO GOOD!
Chicken Salad for a Crowd
This salad serves from 10 to 12 people, so it is a great salad for a crowd.
This salad is built for potlucks and parties because it’s so easy to make! If you really want to get fancy, channel your inner Martha, and serve it in a hollowed-out pineapple for a dramatic presentation!
Make It Your Own Salad!
Easily play around with the ingredients! If you don’t love water chestnuts substitute additional celery. Use almonds in place of macadamia nuts. Use pineapple tidbits instead of chunks.
How To Serve Hawaiian Chicken Salad
- On it’s own, on a bed of lettuce
- As a lettuce wrap
- Stuff half an avocado. Make a Hawaiian Chicken Salad stuffed avocado – yum!
A Low Carb and Keto Salad
With 29.6 grams of fat, 7.8 g net carbs, and 11.2g protein it fits nicely in with a low carb and ketogenic diet. Yay!
Pineapple and grapes do contribute to some of the carbs and natural sugar content, but on a serving by serving basis it is manageable.
Want another easy make-ahead salad recipe? Check out this Layered Salad (Easy Overnight Layered Salad), (HERE)
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make The Hawaiian Salad Recipe With Chicken
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 cup celery sliced
- 3 oz. water chestnuts, sliced then rough chopped
- 1-1/2 cup seedless grapes
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds (sliced almonds are fine too)
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks or tidbits (no added sugar), drained
- 1/2 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
- 1-1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp. curry powder (adjust to your taste preferences)
- 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
How To Make Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Here are the steps to make this amazingly delicious low carb and keto chicken salad:
Prep and Assemble Your Ingredients
Cook your chicken, cool, cut into 1/2″ pieces. Wash your celery, and chop. Wash the grapes and drain. Drain the pineapple and water chestnuts. Toast the coconut.
Tip: in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat, toss coconut until toasted. Be careful it burns easily!
Add Salad Ingredients to Bowl
Add chicken, celery, pineapple, grapes, water chestnuts, nuts a mixing bowl
Stir mayonnaise, soy sauce, curry, lemon, and coconut milk together. Pour over salad ingredients and mix.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Give it a stir and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a pretty serving bowl, and dress it up by sprinkling some toasted coconut flakes and nuts on top.
Popular Recipes You Will Love!
- Easy Keto and Low Carb Egg Recipes (The Best Keto Egg Recipes)
- Delicious Sugar Free Brown Sugar Ham
- Tasty Low Carb and Keto Zucchini Recipe Roundup
- Luscious Low Carb Lemon Dessert Recipes
- The Best Baby Back Ribs!
- Layered Overnight Salad
- Blueberry Cheesecake Keto Ice Cream
Hawaiian Salad Recipe (Low Carb and Keto Hawaiian Chicken Salad)
Reminiscent of the Hawaiian tropics, you will love this spin on the traditional chicken salad with coconut, pineapple, macadamia nuts, and curry. This is the perfect make ahead salad – great for parties, potlucks, and leftover lunches! Tastes best the next day after the flavors and juices blend together. So delicious!
3 cups cooked chicken breast, cut into 1/2” cubes
1 cup celery sliced
3 oz. water chestnuts, sliced then rough chopped
1 1/2 cups seedless grapes
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts or slivered almonds (sliced almonds are fine too)
1 20 oz can pineapple chunks or tidbits (no added sugar), drained
1/2 cups toasted unsweetened coconut flakes (reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish)
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 tbsp. curry powder
1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
juice of half a lemon
1/2 cup coconut milk
Combine chicken, celery, water chestnuts, grapes, coconut flakes, pineapple and nuts. (Don’t forget to set aside some coconut and nuts for garnish)
Mix mayonnaise with curry, soy sauce, lemon juice, and coconut milk. Stir into chicken mixture until well combined.
Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
Garnish with remaining almonds and coconut flakes.
- On it’s own, over a bed of lettuce
- As a lettuce wrap
- Stuffed in an avocado. Turn it into an Hawaiian Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocado.
I Would Love To Hear From You!
- Tell me how your healthy eating plan going? How do you juggle your diet plan with your lifestyle and family needs?
- Let me know how you like these recipes. Maybe you made the recipe but a different variation? I would love to hear about it!
- Get your recipe featured on this site! Feel free to send any of your favorite recipes and I’ll select a few from our readers to add to our site – and I’ll give you all the credit! Please only send recipes of your own creation!
Email me at email@example.com
Sign Up For Our Newsletter So You Don’t Miss Any Recipes
I’d love for you to sign up for our newsletter so you can get all the tasty goodness straight into your inbox. xoxo -Kori