Herbed Butter Steak (Simple Steak Recipe Grilled) is a delicious recipe resulting in the tastiest steak you've ever eaten! So simple to make with only a few ingredients and minimal work, you can easily make this on the grill.
This is the perfect recipe for your next cookout or BBQ. Seasoned butter steak is a low carb, keto, and paleo-friendly grilling recipe!
🎥 Recipe Video
❤️ Herbed Butter Steak Recipe Grilled
You'll ❤️ Grilled Ribeye Steaks
Easy Grilled Steak Recipe
This is an EASY grilled steak recipe. Simply brush steaks with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill until desired doneness. Top with delicious garlic herb compound butter, and you will be in heaven!
Best BBQ Recipe
Another family-friendly recipe that everyone in our house loves. There are 5 of us in our house, so with all those mouths, they work great as taste testers for the blog! I have no doubt I will get completely honest reviews (good and bad) 🙂
We love to BBQ at our house and you can't go wrong with a good grilled steak. We consider this the best BBQ recipe!
Herb Butter For Steak Recipe
You are going to love the Garlic Herb Compound Butter served over the grilled steak. It tastes amazing and adds so much flavor and moisture to your steak.
There are so many more uses for seasoned butter! Serve on vegetables, bread/rolls, baked potatoes, corn on the cob. Those of you following a low carb or keto diet pretend I didn't mention bread, potatoes, or corn. 🙂 LOL!
Keto Steak Recipe (Low Carb and Paleo)
With 30.4 grams fat, 40 grams of protein, and 0.3 grams net carbs, herbed butter steak works great on a low carb and keto diet. Note that nutrition includes the herbed butter.
The compound butter contains parmesan cheese. Also, some people following paleo use butter and some do not. To make this a paleo-friendly recipe you will need to make some adjustments. Simply remove the cheese and create the same mixture by substituting olive oil if you don't want butter.
Add a little extra salt to taste, and you should be good to go! You will still get the added moisture from the fats in the olive oil, plus have the delicious flavor of garlic and fresh herbs on your steak. Yum.
🍽 How To Serve
Having trouble deciding what to serve with steak?
Any recipe that can be made ahead works well with a grilling recipe. Because grilling is such a hands-on way to cook you need something you don't have to fiddle with while grilling.
- Herb Marinated BBQ Vegetables (Vegetable Barbeque)
- Grilled Romaine Hearts (Easy Grilling Recipe)
- Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe (Keto Salad)
- Crockpot Green Beans and Ham (Low Carb Keto)
- Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad (Keto Low Carb)
Overnight layered salad is a phenomenal recipe that gets rave reviews, is make-ahead (like the day before), and everyone gobbles up! It's the perfect potluck or cookout salad.
You could also try out this buffalo cauliflower recipe with roasted cauliflower. It would pair really well with steak.
🧾 Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients and tools that you'll need to make grilled herbed butter steak:
- 2 ribeye steaks (or another favorite steak)
- Olive oil
- Garlic Herb Compound Butter - make in advance. This is so delicious!
- Gas grill (This is our gas grill and we love it. We've had it for about 5 or 6 years and it has been very reliable and has had no issues! Would highly recommend)
- Instant Read Thermometer
Here's how to make this simple steak recipe grilled with garlic herb compound butter:
Make Compound Butter
Make the Garlic Herb Compound Butter and refrigerate until firm.
Pull steaks out of the refrigerator about 20 to 30 minutes prior to grilling. Brush with olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper
Preheat grill on high.
Place steaks on the grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes, then turn over. Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare.
Use an instant thermometer to check the temperature and cook until desired doneness (Medium Rare: 135 degrees F, Medium: 140 degrees F, Medium Well: 150 degrees F)
The perfect easy meal - herbed butter steak and grilled romaine hearts. Feel proud of your grilling handiwork!
💭 Helpful Tips
- Make the Herbed Compound Butter in advance. Make extra it's really good on so many things. You can also freeze it! 🙂
- Many experts use a touch method to test steaks. But for the home cook using a thermometer is the best way to get your temperature exactly to your liking.
- When checking the temperature do not poke your steak too many times - this will result in lost juices.
- Buy steaks of similar thickness. I've found that steaks that are approximately 1 1/2" thick work best.
- Up to 2 days prior to grilling rub the olive oil, salt, and pepper on the steak. This is a great tenderizer!
❓ Common Questions
Here are the most common questions people ask us:
How to Grill Steak on Gas Grill?
Here's how to cook steaks on a gas grill:
- Buy steaks of similar thickness. I've found that steaks that are approximately 1- 1/2" thick work best.
- Pull steaks out of the refrigerator, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can do this step up to 2 days prior. Allow the steak to sit at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place steaks on the grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes, then turn over. Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare. Using an instant read thermometer check temperature and cook until desired doneness using the below temperatures as a guide.
- Remove steaks from grill and cover with foil. Allow to sit (rest) for about 5 minutes before serving.
What temperature should steaks be cooked to?
Below is a guide to the temperature and doneness of steak. The USDA has a safe minimum internal temperature guide and they actually recommend that beef be cooked to 145 degrees F.
Keep in mind that when you removed the steak from the grill and tent it with foil it will continue cooking while it rests.
- Medium Rare: 135 degrees F
- Medium: 140 degrees F
- Medium Well: 150 degrees F
✔️ Related Recipes
More Steak Recipes
Here are more delicious steak recipes to try! 🙂
More Grilling Recipes
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Recipe (Grilled Pork Back Ribs)
- Best Grilled Chicken Recipe (Dry Rub Grilled Chicken with White BBQ Sauce)
- Grilled Shrimp Salad Recipe (Shrimp Louie Salad)
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers (Low Carb Keto Burgers)
- The Best Greek Burger (Gyro Burger)
- Southwest Turkey Burgers On The Grill Recipe
⭐ Let's Connect
If you have tried this Herbed Butter Steak Recipe, let me know! I'd love for you to come back and give the recipe a star rating and/or a review in the comments! 🙂 Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me and others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Herbed Butter Steak
- 2 (12-ounce) ribeye, New York strip, or filet steaks (about 1½" thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- garlic herb compound butter
- About 20 to 30 minutes before grilling, pull steaks out of the refrigerator, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to high. Place steaks on the grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes, then turn over. Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes for medium rare. Using an instant thermometer check temperature, cook until desired doneness is reached. See notes below for cooking temperatures.
- Remove steaks from grill, top with a pat of Garlic Herb Compound Butter, and cover with foil. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Rib-eye steaks have great marbling and work well in this recipe!
- Ideal steak temperatures: medium Rare: 135 degrees F, medium: 140 degrees F, medium-well: 150 degrees F
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™
This grilled steak recipe is the best! Herbed Butter steak is an easy grilling recipe that is so simple to make. Perfect for your next weeknight dinner, cookout, or barbecue. Quick and easy, tasty BBQ perfection! A Low Carb and Keto steak recipe that everyone will love. #beef #grilling #bbq #cookout #steak #barbecue #keto #lowcarb #lchf #seekinggoodeats