Ground pork stir fry is a quick and easy recipe! Ready in under 30 minutes - this tasty Chinese-style recipe is perfect for any night of the week, and your whole family will love it. Low carb and keto instructions are provided!
You'll ❤️ This Pork Stir Fry Recipe
"Ground pork stir fry is such a quick and easy dish. I love that it's healthy and I can get it done faster than the delivery guy could get it to my front door!"
Gather your ingredients and you'll have this on the dinner table in under 30 minutes! No more take-out needed - this recipe is faster than delivery and it's healthier!
You aren't limited to using my exact vegetable ingredients - this Chinese recipe can be made with any vegetables that you like - it is a great way to use up vegetables in the refrigerator bin.
Make it Keto
This recipe is gluten-free, low carb, keto, and sugar-free if you use Keto Stir Fry Sauce, coconut aminos or tamari sauce instead of soy sauce, and serve it over riced cauliflower. If you're watching your salt intake use a low sodium soy sauce.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients and equipment you will need to make this pork stir fry:
- Ground Pork - this recipe is quite economical as only 1 pound is needed!
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sweet onion
- Garlic - use fresh, or pre-minced jarred for easy cooking!
- Ginger puree - I love ginger puree for its convenience but you could certainly peel and mince fresh garlic too!
- Yellow Squash
- Mushrooms - I used baby bella mushrooms but you can use any favorite kind.
- Stir Fry Sauce - be sure to use my healthy version as it's sugar-free and keto delicious - or you can go for a store-bought bottle brand.
- Sesame Seeds
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
Equipment and tools needed to make this recipe:
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making Ground Pork Stir Fry:
Preheat a wok or skillet with the oil over medium-high heat.
Add ground pork and stir fry until brown and fully cooked, 145 degrees F.
While cooking, using a wooden spoon or spatula, separate and ground the pork.
Once cooked, remove the pork, leaving a few tablespoons of fat in the pan. Set the pork aside and keep warm.
Add onions and stir fry until they begin to soften about 3 minutes.
Add bell pepper, squash, zucchini, and garlic to the work. Continue sauteing until all vegetables reach your desired doneness, about 5 minutes.
Add pork back to the pan and then add the sauce. Stir to incorporate. Saute until warm if needed.
Adjust seasoning to taste. See serving suggestions below.
Hint: Serve this with riced cauliflower and my healthy stir fry sauce to keep this low carb and healthy! It pairs so perfectly with the flavors of the other vegetables, and I can indulge and be guilt-free!
🥗 How To Serve
Here are a few ways to serve ground pork stir fry:
- Keep this low carb by serving over cauliflower rice! Saute the rice in your saute pan after your vegetables are done to soak up the flavor in the pan and add some color! So good!
- Serve over rice such as jasmine, basmati rice, brown rice, or fried rice!
- Try making low mein noodles or hibachi noodles and cooking with the vegetables in your saute pan to combine all the flavors! Tip: Miracle Noodles are a low-calorie, low-carb noodle option to keep them healthier!
- Garnish your dish with fresh sliced green onion, cilantro, or toasted sesame seeds for extra texture and flavor.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Make it spicy. Use red pepper flakes or add sriracha for some extra spice! Start light-handed and add more as you'd like! Keep in mind that a little goes a long way.
- Substitute ground beef, chicken, or turkey for the pork if you like!
- Add other vegetables that you like (or already have on hand): snow peas, bok choy, green beans, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and frozen peas are great ideas! Again, whichever you have on hand will work!
💭 Top Tips
- Prepare all ingredients and have them on hand before starting to cook.
- Cook the vegetables to your desired tenderness - some like them crisp-tender, others like them very soft.
- Start cooking fibrous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) first as they take longer to cook.
Cool the pork and vegetables then transfer leftovers to an air-tight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Microwave: In a microwave-safe dish, loosely cover the dish and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes on 30% power. Check frequently and stir if as needed.
Skillet: Preheat a skillet over medium heat and add pork stir fry. Stir frequently until warmed through.
We do not recommend freezing this recipe. The vegetables become very soggy and release too much water, diluting the flavor of the dish greatly.
Simply put, stir-frying is a Chinese cooking technique of continually sauteeing and tossing ingredients in a very hot pan with a small amount of oil until they reach the desired doneness.
Ingredients are usually added in succession from those that take the longest to cook first (meat and fibrous vegetables) to those with the shortest cooking time required.
Stir frying is typically done in a wok as the heat is most concentrated at the narrower base of the pan. A skillet can be used if you don't have a wok.
Yes! You can fry ground pork. It cooks very similar to ground beef. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add oil if needed. Add ground pork and break it apart into crumbles as it cooks. Continue cooking until the pork reaches 145°F.
Ground pork tends to be higher in fat. However, ground beef has a higher level of saturated fats, and pork has higher unsaturated fats. Ground beef has a higher iron level, and ground pork has more B vitamins. So, both have their different health benefits!
✔️ More Asian Recipes
If you are looking for more delicious Asian recipes, check these out:
- Keto Stir Fry with Shrimp
- Smoked Salmon Sushi Bowl
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice
- Mongolian Beef and Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
⭐ Let's Connect
Ground Pork Stir Fry
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion (halved then sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (any color, sliced, about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced, any kind)
- 1 medium yellow squash (½" cubes, about 1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini (½" cubes, about 1 cup
- 1½ tablespoons garlic (minced)
- ½ cup keto stir fry sauce (or regular store-bought)
- Preheat a wok or 12" skillet with oil over medium-high.
- Cook ground pork until brown and fully cooked. Remove pork, saving a few tablespoons of oil and fat in the pan. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Add onions and stir fry until they begin to soften, about 3 to minutes.
- Add bell pepper, squash, zucchini, and garlic to the work. Stir fry until they reach your desired doneness, about 5 minutes.
- Add pork back to the pan and stir fry sauce. Stir to incorporate. Saute until warm.
- Season to taste with soy sauce, additional stir fry sauce, or salt and pepper.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Use ground beef, chicken, or turkey for the pork if desired.
- TOP TIPS: Make sure to have all your ingredients ready before starting.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve over fried rice, brown rice, white rice, or riced cauliflower. Adjust seasonings to taste and garnish with fresh scallion, cilantro, or toasted sesame seeds.
© 2022 Seeking Good Eats™