Keto buffalo wings are SUPER tasty - crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and coated in a finger-licking seasoned coating then slathered in a delicious buttery buffalo wing sauce. YES, please! 🙂
You'll ❤️These Keto Chicken Wings
"These delicious chicken wings make the perfect snack or dinner! They aren't just limited to keto follower either - everyone loves them"
Delicious! You'll love the seasoned coating made with finely crushed pork rinds - it adds more flavor than using flour.
Healthy low carb, gluten-free, and keto chicken wings that will be hit with everyone in your house.
🥘 What You Will Need
Here are the ingredients and tools you will need to make keto buffalo wings:
Chicken Wings - I like to use the chicken "wingettes" but you could also use the uncut wings and add 5 minutes to your baking time.
Buffalo Sauce - I highly recommend that you make my simple 5-minute keto buffalo sauce. You can buy bottled but it just isn't the same.
Pork Rinds - you can buy them already crushed or you can crush them into fine crumbs.
Ground Black Pepper
Smoked Paprika - the smoked paprika lends a delicious smoky taste so I highly recommend it but in a pinch just use regular paprika.
Olive Oil - used to coat the chicken to get the "breading" to stick.
Butter - helps to get that oven-fried crispy outside.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make Keto Buffalo Wings
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making these buffalo keto chicken wings:
Step One. Preheat your oven to 400° F.
Step Two. In a bowl or large plastic bag add flour, paprika, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
Step Three. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place 3 pats of butter on the sheet. Place in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes to melt the butter.
Step Four. Brush chicken wings with olive oil, then place in the bag (one at a time) and seasoned pork rind mixture.
Step Five. Place the wings in the melted butter.
Step Six. Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and turn the thighs over.
Step Seven. Return to the oven and bake for 10 to 15 more minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
Step Nine. Remove wings from the oven, put the thighs in a medium-sized bowl, drizzle with buffalo sauce, then toss to coat.
🥗 How To Serve
I like to serve these wings drizzled with a little extra sauce, then garnished with crumbled blue cheese and fresh parsley. It's also nice to add a cooling blue cheese dressing or a ranch dressing.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- For those that like it extra spicy be sure to include some hot sauce with the wings. You can drizzle the sauce over the wings, or add it to the buffalo sauce when you make it.
- Substitute frozen or pre-made chicken tenders or even chicken breast or thighs instead of wings.
💭 Top Tips
- To save a little time, you can skip melting the butter in the baking sheet, but you will miss the crispy oven-fried taste!
- Make-ahead tip: both the seasoned coating and the buffalo sauce can be made up to 4 days in advance!
How To Store
To store leftovers, let the wings cool completely, then transfer them to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. See reheating and freezing instructions below.
How To Reheat
Reheat in an oven or air fryer at 350-degrees F for about 5 minutes until heated through. You can also warm them in a microwave.
How To Freeze
The wings can be frozen in a freezer-safe container or plastic bag for up to 3 months.
The certainly depends upon the recipe you are making but this one is, yes. We get that crispy crust from crushed pork rinds and seasonings then oven frying.
This recipe contains ZERO net carbs per serving (1 gram of carbohydrates less 1 gram of fiber).
For more information on what is okay to eat on a keto diet please read my Printable Keto Food List PDF
Yes. You can skip melting the butter in a baking sheet if you do these in an air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F. Place chicken wings in the basket and fry for 20 to 25 minutes or until done and crispy, turning every 5 to 8 minutes or so.
✔️ More Keto Chicken Wing Recipes
Got more tasty keto chicken recipes for you to try!
⭐ Let's Connect
Keto Buffalo Wings
- 1½ pounds chicken wings (flats and drumettes)
- ⅔ cup finely crushed pork rinds
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 recipe keto buffalo sauce (approx ¾ cup)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a bowl or large plastic bag add flour, paprika, salt, celery salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place 3 pats of butter on the sheet. Place in oven for 2 to 3 minutes to melt the butter.
- Brush chicken wings with olive oil, then place in the bag (one at a time) and seasoned pork rind mixture.
- place wings on the baking sheet, in the butter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and turn the thighs over.
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 to 15 more minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Remove wings from oven, put the thighs in a medium-sized bowl, drizzle with buffalo sauce, then toss to coat.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: serve with blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing along with celery and carrot sticks.
© 2022 Seeking Good Eats™