Buffalo Chicken Burgers are EASY to make, juicy burgers that are chock full of flavor - and taste just like chicken wings (maybe even better?). No dry, bland chicken burgers here!
A healthy recipe that your whole family will love. These burgers are low carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto.
Why You Will Love Buffalo Chicken Burgers
If you're a buffalo chicken wing fan you'll LOVE these juicy and flavorful Buffalo Chicken Burgers. I love them topped with blue cheese dressing and buffalo wing sauce! DANG good! Get your napkins ready! -Kori
Tender and Juicy Chicken Burgers
These burgers are tender and juicy - not dry and flavorless like previous chicken burgers I've had. The secret to the moisture of these burgers is the sauteed peppers and onions, along with the olive oil.
Like Chicken Wings - Only Better
These buffalo chicken burgers are just as good as chicken wings. Dare we say even better because you can pile all your favorite ingredients on top of the patties and dig in! YUM. 🙂
Don't Have A Grill? Cook on The Stovetop
If you don't have a grill, no problem. Simply follow the stovetop cooking instruction below. You are basically cooking the burgers over medium heat approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side until they reach the appropriate temperature. That's it!
Low Carb and Keto Burgers
These are perfect low carb and keto burgers!! This burger is tasty wrapped in lettuce, or served on top of a grilled portobello mushroom, or sandwiched in between a chaffle.
Make sure to use a sugar-free buffalo sauce. Primal Kitchen has a version or here is a Homemade Buffalo Sauce recipe from the Real Food Dietitians
20.4 g fat | 1.2 g net carbs | 24 g protein
How To Serve
There are so many delicious ways to serve these burgers. Some of my favorite ways:
- Topped with blue cheese dressing (once you try this dressing you will never buy it in a bottle again!) and buffalo sauce.
- Topped with more blue cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion.
- Hamburger buns or brioche buns
- Low carb "hamburger bun" alternatives:
- Grilled portobello mushrooms
- Wrapped in lettuce or cabbage
Here are some great side dish options to serve with these burgers:
- Macaroni and Cheese or Low Carb Cauliflower Cheese
- Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
- Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad
- Dill Pickle Slaw
Ingredients and Tools
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onions, finely diced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, any color, finely diced
- 1 lb ground turkey (80/20)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp buffalo seasoning
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Optional toppings: blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, tomato, lettuce, onion
- Grill (No grill? You can cook on your stovetop!)
- Nonstick foil (or regular foil sprayed with nonstick spray)
- Parchment paper
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Chefs knife
- Cutting board
Step by Step Instructions
Here's how to make buffalo chicken burgers:
In a small skillet with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, saute onions and bell pepper over medium-high heat until soft. Set aside and let cool.
In a large bowl add ground chicken, onion and pepper mixture, egg, buffalo seasoning, blue cheese crumbles, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Cut parchment paper or foil into 4 squares so that each formed burger will fit. Spray the pieces with nonstick spray and set aside.
Form 4 burgers that are 1/2" thick, pressing mixture together as firmly as you can. Note: the mixture will be soft and sticky.
Lay each burger on the parchment pieces and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove burgers from the refrigerator about 5 minutes before cooking.
Preheat grill on high heat 450 to 500 degrees. Set a heavy-duty piece of foil that has been pierced with holes and sprayed with nonstick spray.
Peel the burgers from the parchment pieces and place on the foil. Grill for 4 minutes.
Flip and cook an additional 4 to 6 minutes, or until the burger temperature reaches 160 degrees. Set burgers on a plate and cover with foil. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- The burger mixture will be soft and sticky - this is normal. Cut 4 pieces of parchment paper, nonstick foil, or foil sprayed with nonstick spray. Place the formed burgers on the parchment pieces. This makes placing the burgers on the grill super easy! Simply remove the paper and placing burgers on the grill and toss!
- Use a piece nonstick foil that has been pierced with holes, to cook the burgers on the grill. (I like to use the heavy-duty nonstick foil.)
- Don't squish or smoosh the burgers while grilling, this removes the moisture - you don't want dry burgers.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to test doneness. Cook the burgers until they reach 160 degrees. Watch them carefully as they start to heat up on grill, the temperature goes up QUICKLY. After cooking set burgers on a plate or platter and cover with foil. The temperature of the burgers will continue to increase to 165 (the USDA recommended safe temperature) and the juices will be preserved.
- By tenting the burgers with foil and allowing them to sit for 5 min. after grilling, the burger temperature will increase to 165 degrees - the proper internal temperature of ground turkey.
- If using a skillet make sure it has been spray with a nonstick spray, or use a nonstick skillet.
📋 Printable Recipe
How to Share This Recipe
We'd LOVE for you to help us share this recipe! Here's how:
Review our recipe
We love reviews! Please leave a review and a comment. Your feedback is appreciated! 🙂
Share Your Photos
Show us what a star chef you are! Take photos of this dish and share them! We'd LOVE to see them!
Upload a photo of this dish to our Pinterest pin
tag @seekinggoodeats and hashtag it #seekinggoodeats
Pin Our Pin
Share our pin and pin on Pinterest!
Pin me for later!
Delicious Buffalo Chicken Burgers are a juicy and delicious burger recipe. Just like chicken wings - but we think they're better 🙂 Don't have a grill? Make these a skillet recipe too! This healthy burger recipe is easy to make, low carb, gluten-free, and keto recipe. The perfect grilling recipe for your next backyard BBQ or cookout. #chicken #buffalochicken #burgerrecipe #grilling #bbq #cookout #healthyrecipe #easyrecipe #burgers #keto #lowcarb #grillrecipe #skillet #buffalochickenburger