Keto buffalo sauce is a 5-minute 6-ingredient wonder! All the buffalo flavor you enjoy with a delicious buttery twist. Super simple with common ingredients straight out of your pantry. So tasty and easy - you'll never buy bottled again!
You'll ❤️ Homemade Buffalo Wing Sauce
"You'll love this keto friendly buffalo wing sauce - so simple to make and WAY better than any store bought brand. You can easily customize it to your liking. Enjoy! "
Loaded With Flavor
Delicious buffalo sauce! It always amazes me when you can create a wonderful recipe out of almost no ingredients. This sauce is no exception - my family LOVES it (they say it's the best) 😉 - and I love it more than any bottled sauce!
Super quick to make! Like only 5 minutes.
It's healthy! I love making my own seasoning and sauces because I want to know what goes in my family's food. This wing sauce is gluten-free, low carb, keto, and has no added sugar. Hooray to that!
🥘 Buffalo Sauce Ingredients
Here are the ingredients and tools you will need to make keto buffalo sauce recipe:
Butter - I used salted butter.
Hot Sauce - use any favorite brand!
Vinegar - plain white vinegar is all you need.
Salt and Ground Black Pepper
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Make
Here's how to make buffalo wing sauce:
Step One. Add the butter to a small saucepan and melt it over medium-low heat. Turn heat off.
Step Two. Add the hot sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper to the melted butter and whisk together.
Step Three. Adjust the spiciness to your liking and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Step Four. Use it and enjoy! 🙂
Hint: Because of the butter, the sauce will harden if you let it sit for a while. If it does, no worries! Microwave it on low for a few seconds - just until it becomes liquid again. Note that if you are tossing with hot chicken wings it will melt on its own.
🥗 How To Use It
I love keto buffalo sauce tossed with chicken wings, thighs, tenders, burgers, vegetables, and more! It makes an amazing dipping sauce for fries and tater tots.
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Make it spicer by adjusting the amount of and the heat level of the brand of hot sauce you choose. Adjust the cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Give it a smoky taste by using smoked paprika
- Use any ground red pepper in place of the cayenne pepper. Choose according to your spice level preferences.
- Salt and pepper should be used to taste. I didn't actually need either one when I made this recipe (because of the salted butter and sauce I used).
💭 Top Tips
- Adjust any of the seasonings to your exact liking!
- The butter will harden as it sits and if you need to store it in the refrigerator. To liquify, just place it in the microwave for a few seconds on low. Stir and warm as needed.
How To Store
To store leftovers, let the buffalo sauce cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
How To Reheat
To reheat leftovers, warm it in the a microwave on low setting for a few seconds, stirring each time.
Yes, you definitely can eat buffalo sauce on keto! This recipe (per serving) contains only 1 carb and 1 gram of fiber resulting in ZERO net carbs! Also, because of the butter, there are 12 grams of fat per serving and 1 gram of protein. This makes it a perfect sauce to use when serving high-protein food like chicken.
For more information on what's okay to eat on a keto diet please read this Printable Keto Food List PDF.
There are ZERO net carbs in buffalo wing sauce (1 gram of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fiber per serving). This can vary according to which recipe or brand of sauce you use.
✔️ More Keto Sauces
If you are looking for more keto sauce recipes, be check these out:
- Sugar Free Sweet BBQ Sauce
- Keto Big Mac Sauce
- Yum Yum Sauce Recipe
- Sugar Free Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- Keto Stir Fry Sauce
⭐ Let's Connect
Keto Buffalo Sauce
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add butter to a small saucepan and melt butter of medium-low heat. Turn heat off.
- Add hot sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper to the butter and whisk together.
- Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Make it mild, medium, or spicy by adding hot sauce to your taste preference.
- TOP TIPS: Because of the butter the sauce will harden after some time. Microwave on low just until it becomes liquid again. If you are tossing with hot chicken wings it will melt on its own. Store extra in an airtight container in the fridge.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve over buffalo chicken wings, vegetables, buffalo chicken burgers, and more!
© 2022 Seeking Good Eats™