Keto Chicken Wings (Dry Rub Chicken Wings) are super easy to make and extra delicious! Perfectly seasoned and tender dry rub chicken wings are complemented by the zesty white BBQ sauce.
These wings are the first go at a party, so make extra! Bonus: white BBQ sauce makes a tasty dipping sauce for veggies! Double duty sauce - love it! This appetizer recipe is low carb and keto-friendly.
🎥 Recipe Video
❤️ Keto Chicken Wings!
Perfect For Everyone - You Don't Have To Be On A Keto Diet
You do not have to be on a keto diet to love these dry rub chicken wings! The beauty of these wings is that everyone can eat them and enjoy them.
Best Appetizer Recipe
All I can say is that these are extra tasty and literally a huge hit at parties - and the first things to go!
I serve half the chicken wings coated in white barbecue sauce, and the other half without. They are loved both ways.
Easy Appetizers-Finger Foods
These appetizers are super easy to make and chicken wings make the perfect finger food.
The beauty of these wings is that the dry rub can be made weeks in advance, and in bulk, and stored for future use. The dry rub gets tossed on the wings and they marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, but it could be up to 2 days! All you have to do the day of the party is to bake them.
Healthy Finger Foods
I love that these chicken wings are healthy and whole food.
The dry rub is made from dried herbs and seasoning and is a whole food. And of course, the chicken is also a whole food.
For the barbecue sauce, I used organic sour cream and organic paleo mayonnaise (with only egg, avocado oil, vinegar, and salt as the ingredients) - no chemicals, no toxic oils, and no unpronounceable things! This makes me happy.
Keto and Low Carb Appetizers
With 21.7 g of fat, 0.4 net carbs, and 6.3g protein these chicken wings make great keto and low carb appetizers!
For those wanting to decrease the fat content, eliminate the white BBQ sauce.
Perfect Football Finger Foods!
Chicken wings are the perfect football finger food, right? They are fuss-free so you can enjoy the game, keep your guests happy - and not be stuck in the kitchen! This makes the perfect game day recipe for me!
Wings Are Transportable Appetizers!
Chicken wings are an easy appetizer to take with you so they're perfect for taking to parties or for tailgating!
Preheat on high while your wings are baking. When the wings are done baking, add to the slow cooker, secure the lid, and put the crock in an insulated carrier to keep warm. When transporting I serve the white barbecue sauce on the side. Perfect!
Ingredients and Tools
What You Will Need to Make Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings
- Dried oregano
- Smoked paprika (regular paprika is fine, but smoked has the best flavor)
- Dried parsley
- Garlic salt
- Ground thyme
- Onion powder
- Ground mustard
White Barbecue Sauce
- Sour cream
- Lemon juice
- Ground pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowls (I have had this set for years!)
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups (fun colors!)
- Mixing spoon
How to Make Chicken Wings
Make White Barbecue Sauce
Mix all ingredients for white barbecue sauce together until blended. Refrigerate until ready for use.
Tip: white barbecue sauce makes a great sauce for pork, fish, and vegetables. Also makes a tasty dip for raw veggies!
Make Dry Rub
Mix all dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
Season Chicken And Refrigerate
Liberally sprinkle both sides of chicken with the dry rub.
Toss well to coat. Cover chicken in plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours - up to 2 days!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook chicken wings on a baking sheet 45 to 50 minutes - or until done. For easy cleanup use parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Admire your perfectly baked chicken wings!
Coat Wings In BBQ Sauce
In a large bowl add chicken wings and toss with just enough white BBQ sauce to coat. Reserve the rest for dipping on the side.
I like to only coat half of the wings in sauce, and leave the other half uncoated. They are equally flavorful without the white BBQ sauce, and it gives people options.
Eat and Enjoy!
How many chickens wings per person?
A serving size is 4 wings per person. For a party, some people eat more and some less especially when balanced with other appetizers. You can estimate about 5 wings per person and you should be fine.
I will say that this chicken wing recipe is really good and has a tendency to go really fast. If you are really unsure, you could go with 6 wings per person and you might have leftovers. If you're serving a football team I make no promises! 🙂
What temperature is chicken done at?
Chicken is done at 165 degrees F. You can test by using an instant-read thermometer and inserting it in the center of the thickest part of the chicken. For your reference, here is the FDA's temperature guide:
What goes with chicken wings for dinner?
Having chicken wings for dinner is a great idea! These wings go great with a side salad, roasted veggies, and even baked potatoes (if you're not on a low carb diet).
Here is a great make-ahead salad recipe that you can serve a crowd, or if you want leftovers. As long as you don't mix the dressing it will keep for a couple of days! Love it...
How can I keep my chicken warm?
Preheat a slow cooker on low, add hot chicken. Turn crock pot down to warm setting. If transporting - turn slow cooker off, secure lid, and place crock in an insulated carrier.
Dry Rub Chicken Wings with White BBQ Sauce
Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika regular paprika is fine, but smoked has the best flavor
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 to 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
White Barbecue Sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ tablespoon dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients for white barbecue sauce together until blended. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Liberally sprinkle both sides of chicken with the dry rub. Toss well to coat. Cover chicken in plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours - or up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook chicken wings 35 to 42 minutes - or until done (internal temperature 165 degrees F). Remove from oven and place in a large bowl. Toss with just enough white BBQ sauce to coat. Reserve the remaining sauce for dipping on the side.
- White barbecue sauce makes a great sauce for pork, fish, and vegetables. Also makes a tasty dip for raw veggies!
- Coat half of the wings with BBQ sauce and leave the other half without. Serve sauce on the side to give people more options.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™
Here are some more appetizer and snack recipes you might like!
- Fajita Spiced Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip Recipe (Keto Pizza Dip)
- Shrimp Dip Recipe (Low Carb and Keto Appetizer)
- Authentic Tzatziki Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups (Low Carb and Keto Appetizer)
- Cheese Stuffed Baked Meatball Recipe (Keto Meatballs)
- Easy Fresh Homemade Guacamole
- Keto Zucchini Recipe – Zucchini Carpaccio
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Bone In Chicken Thighs
- Lemon Pepper Wings Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings Recipe
The best chicken wings for the perfect appetizers! These keto chicken wings with white BBQ sauce are a huge hit, super easy to make, and taste amazing! A low carb and keto appetizer are great game day snacks! You don't have to be following a ketogenic diet to enjoy these wings. Easy appetizers and the perfect finger good recipe. #chicken #wings #keto #lowcarb #appetizer #gameday #fingerfood #snacks #seekinggoodeats