Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings with Fajita Spice Rub are the best wings! Super easy air fryer wings are crispy and loaded with flavor on the outside while being tender on the inside. The best part? They only take 10 ingredients, and less than 20 minutes to cook!
These healthy chicken wings are gluten-free, sugar-free, paleo, low carb, and keto. Perfect for the whole family!
❤️ Ninja Foodi Wings
"This is one of my favorite chicken wings recipes! I love the combination of the fajita spice rub with the picante sauce. If you don't want to coat the chicken in picante you can dip them in it instead. Hope you enjoy these crispy wings!" -Kori 🙂
Quick and Easy
Only 10 ingredients and less than 20 minutes in your air fryer and you'll be enjoying these Ninja Foodi wings loaded with your fajita flavors.
Cooking is as simple as coating the wings with the dry rub then adding to the basket and then spraying with olive oil spray. After cooking, toss with picante sauce and serve.
No Muss No Fuss
These Ninja Foodi chicken wings are simple to make and clean up.
The beauty of cooking in your air fryer is that cooking is a lot less messy than traditional frying. There's no oil to add or store after cooking. Most air fryers, including the Ninja Foodi, have non-stick baskets, so cleanup is a breeze.
Healthy Chicken Wings
This recipe only uses whole ingredients, and no sugar is added, making it Whole30, paleo, gluten-free, sugar-free, low carb, and keto. Ta-da! Healthy chicken wings that are so good no one will even realize they're eating something healthy. 🙂
Wings are a perfect keto and low carb recipe with only 1.6 g net carbs, 13.9 g fat, and 6.8 g protein.
How To Serve
Here are a few delicious ideas of what to serve with your ninja foodi wings:
- A fresh side salad with a simple dressing is always a great option. I love to make a quick dressing by mixing equal parts sour cream and salsa - it goes great with these fajita wings. You could also try my avocado cilantro dressing.
- If serving for dinner, here is a simple green bean side dish that I love to make on the slow cooker setting of my Ninja Foodi (or in my other slow cooker). Crockpot Green Beans and Ham (Low Carb Keto)
- Serve with fresh guacamole as a side "snacky side dish."
Ingredients and Tools
Here's what you'll need to make Ninja Foodi Chicken Wings with Fajita Spice Rub:
- Dry mustard powder
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Chicken wingettes - you can use whole wings too, but the time will need to be increased slightly. See the recipe card below for instructions.
- Picante sauce - use mild, medium, spicy according to your preference
- Olive Oil Spray - I use a good quality 100% olive oil spray to coat the chicken evenly - it works like a charm! If you don't have spray, you can drizzle olive oil over the top.
- Optional - lime wedges and fresh cilantro or parsley.
- Ninja Foodi - I've been using my Ninja Foodi for air frying, slow cooking, AND pressure cooking. I love having one appliance! 🙂 These chicken wings turned out tender on the inside and crispy outside in Tender Crisp mode.
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing spoon
- 2 Medium Sized Mixing Bowls
Here are some different ways you can make substitutions or customize your fajita spiced chicken wings:
- Substitute a different seasoning mix. If you choose a seasoning with salt like cajun seasoning, taco seasoning, etc., you do not need to add extra salt. If the seasoning is unsalted (like Italian seasoning, herbs de Provence), add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Try adding 1 to 2 tablespoons finely grated cheeses into the spice rub. The key is that the cheese has to be very finely ground.
- Serve with a sprinkle with fresh parsley or cilantro and some lime juice. It is also delicious, with some queso fresco crumbled over the top too.
Here's how to make your Ninja Foodi wings with it's tasty fajita spice rub...so easy! 🙂
Make Dry Rub
Preheat your Ninja Foodi using the Air Crisp/Tender Crisp Setting to 360 degrees F for 5 minutes.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl mix the dry mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, and oregano.
Add chicken wings to bowl and toss with dry rub. If you want, you can do this step ahead of time and allow them to marinate for up to 24 hours.
Air Fry the Wings
Place wings in the Cook and Crisp basket and spritz with olive oil cooking spray.
Close the Crisping Lid and air fry for 18 to 22 minutes or until done - tossing the wings every 5 or 6 minutes and giving the wings a quick spritz of olive oil spray each time.
Coat in Sauce
Place wings in a bowl and toss with picante sauce. You can also opt to serve the picante sauce on the side if you prefer.
Serve with a garnish of lime wedges and fresh parsley or cilantro.
- Each air fryer is a little different so adjust your cooking times as needed.
- By using an olive oil cooking spray instead of drizzling the olive oil you can get a much more ven coating and crispiness on your wings. Make sure to use a good quality 100% olive spray.
- If you don't want to coat your wings in picante sauce you can dip them instead.
- Typically you don't want to overlap your pieces, but I found that 1 lb of chicken wingettes only overlap slightly, and as long as I toss the chicken every 5 to 6 minutes until done, they come out perfect every time.
- As a general rule of thumb, chicken is done when the juices run clear and are no longer pink. If you are unsure or want to be really accurate, use an instant-read thermometer to check. The USDA recommends cooking chicken to 165-degrees F.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! Definitely. You can make the fajita spice rub at any time. The chicken can be coated in dry rub up to 2 days ahead. You can also pre-cook the chicken and reheat later if needed. Instruction for reheating is below.
How do I reheat chicken wings in air fryer?
To reheat your wings in the air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. Place wings in the air fryer and heat for 3-5 minutes until the desired temperature is reached.
Can you cook frozen wings in air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen wings in your air fryer! Here's how:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and add the frozen chicken wings.
- Cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from fryer, break the chicken apart, and sprinkle with dry rub.
- Reduce heat to 360, place wings back in the fryer and continue cooking 18 to 20 more minutes, or until wings are cooked through and the desired crispiness is reached.
Note: each air fryer is a little different so adjust your cooking times as needed.
Can I use whole wings instead of wingettes?
You can use whole wings instead of wingettes. Increase the cooking time to 22 to 25 minutes or until done.
What temp should chicken wings be cooked to?
Chicken wings should be cooked to 165 degrees F.
Here are some of my reader's top favorite air fryer recipes. They are all low carb, gluten-free, sugar-free, and ketogenic. Enjoy! 🙂
The following recipes can be made in your Ninja Foodi pressure cooker or Instant Pot:
- Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Recipe
- Creamy Beef Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Low Carb and Keto Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce (Keto Low Carb)
⭐ Stay Connected
If you tried these Fajita Spiced Wings, I'd love for you to come back and give it a star rating and/or a review in the comments. Let's stay connected, so please share photos of your creations with me & others on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! 🙂
📋 Printable Recipe
The most delicious fajita spiced air fryer chicken wings! Use your air fryer or Ninja Foodi to make this super simple wing recipe. Only 10 ingredients and 20 minutes of cooking time. A healthy chicken recipe that is gluten free, sugar free, low carb, and keto #chickenwings #airfryer #fajitaspicedchicken #lowcarb #keto