Easy Fresh Homemade Guacamole is a simple recipe that is super healthy and tastes great. Made with chunks of fresh avocado, diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapeno, and lime juice - you're going to love it!
You don't have to eat mushy store-bought guacamole anymore! This healthy and low carb recipe makes a wonderful appetizer or a perfect condiment for chicken, beef, pork, tacos, enchiladas, and more!
What is Guacamole?
Guacamole is a tasty mixture of fresh diced avocado, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and lime juice.
Typically used in Mexican cuisine it has become a very popular dip and condiment that complements many dishes.
Ingredients and Tools
Here are the ingredients you will need to make guacamole:
- 3 to 4 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno (start with 1/2 jalapeno, I've found that some jalapenos are really hot and others not so much - it's very difficult to take it out if it's too hot)
- 1 lime
- salt to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
Make guacamole dip is super and can be made quickly. Just dice everything up and mix!
Prep and Dice Your Ingredients
This is the most time-consuming part but not difficult at all. I find it goes easier if I just dice everything all at once.
Make sure to remove the seeds and insides of the jalapeno and dice the green part.
Warning about jalapenos - do not rub your eyes after dicing them! I made that mistake once and will never do it again! I like to use plastic gloves or stick my hands in a baggie when handling jalapenos. I also dice the jalapeno last.
Add Ingredients to Your Bowl
In a bowl add the diced avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, and garlic.
Add the jalapeno but adjust to your taste preferences. Some jalapenos can be super hot others not so much. Start with half (or even 1/4 if you're not sure) and add more if needed.
Some love heat, others not so much. Because my kids eat this guacamole and they don't like too much heat. My husband likes it hot so he takes a separate bowl and adds the rest of the jalapeno to his own bowl.
Squeez Lime Juice
Squeeze the lime juice over the Guacamole Mixture
Add Salt and Mix Together
Add salt to taste, and mix all ingredients together. I like to leave chunks of avocado instead of mushing it all together.
For whatever reason, many people think guacamole should be completely blended (like the store-bought stuff). I think it's all about personal preference though. I prefer a chunky guacamole - so delicious and fresh that way. Love love love avocado chunks.
Serve and Enjoy
This is really good as a dip with corn tortillas or vegetables, and it makes a wonderful topping for tacos, enchiladas, chicken, beef, etc. Yum!
- Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats
- Copycat Taco Seasoning Mix (Healthy Taco Seasoning Recipe)
- Green Enchiladas Chicken Soup (Keto Slow Cooker Mexican Soup)
- EASY Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole (Keto Low Carb)
- Chicken Fajitas Bake (Low Carb and Keto)
- Crockpot Chicken Fajita Soup (Low Carb Keto Soup Recipe)
Easy Fresh Homemade Guacamole
- 4 medium sized ripe avocado rough chopped
- 2 small roma tomatoes finely diced
- ¼ cup finely diced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely diced
- salt to taste
- optional: diced cilantro and hot sauce for additional heat
- Prep your ingredients. In a small dish, add avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, lime, and salt.
- For chunky dip: mix all ingredients with a fork until desired consistency is reached. For smooth dip: add the ingredients to a food processor or blender.
- Adjust lime, salt, and jalapeno to taste.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™