Easy Fresh Homemade Guacamole, is a simple recipe that is super healthy and tastes great. Made with chunks of fresh avocado, diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapeno, and lime juice – you’re going to love it! You don’t have to eat mushy store-bought guacamole anymore! This healthy and low carb recipe makes a wonderful appetizer or a perfect condiment for chicken, beef, pork, tacos, enchiladas, and more!
What is Guacamole?
Guacamole is a tasty mixture of fresh diced avocado, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and lime juice.
Typically used in Mexican cuisine it has become a very popular dip and condiment that complements many dishes.
What Ingredients Will You Need to Make Guacamole Dip?
Here are the ingredients you will need to make guacamole:
- 3 to 4 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno (start with 1/2 jalapeno, I’ve found that some jalapenos are really hot and others not so much – it’s very difficult to take it out if it’s too hot)
- 1 lime
- salt to taste (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
If you like the super cute cast iron pot I served the guacamole in, you can buy it (HERE)
How do You Make Guacamole Dip?
This is a super easy recipe that can be make quickly. Just dice everything up and mix!
Assemble Your Ingredients
Assemble the avocado, tomato, onion, garlic, lime, jalapeno, and salt
Dice and Prep Your Ingredients
This is the most time consuming part but not difficult at all. I find it goes easier if I just dice everything all at once.
Make sure to remove the seeds and insides of the jalapeno and dice the green part. Warning about jalapenos – do not rub your eyes after dicing them! I made that mistake once and will never do it again! I like to use plastic gloves or stick my hands in a baggie when handling jalapenos. I also dice the jalapeno last.
Add Ingredients to Your Bowl
In a bowl add the diced avocado, tomato, onion, jalapeno, and garlic.
Add the jalapeno but adjust to your taste preferences. Some jalapenos can be super hot others not so much. Start with half (or even 1/4 if you’re not sure) and add more if needed. Some love heat, others not so much. Because my kids eat this guacamole and they don’t like too much heat. My husband likes it hot so he takes a separate bowl and adds the rest of the jalapeno to his own bowl.
Squeeze Lime Juice
Squeeze the lime juice over the Guacamole Mixture
Add Salt and Mix
Add salt to taste, and mix all ingredients together. I like to leave chunks of avocado instead of mushing it all together. For whatever reason, many people think guacamole should be mushy (like the store bought stuff). Not so! 🙂
Eat and Enjoy!
This is really good as a dip with corn tortillas or vegetables, and it makes a wonderful topping for tacos, enchiladas, chicken, beef, etc. Yum!
Other Popular Recipes You Will Love:
- Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Zucchini Boats – super good!
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Roast – only 3 ingredients
- Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef Stroganoff – dump and go
- Juicy Slow Cooker Tuscan Turkey Breast – so tender and easy
- Quick Stuffed Zucchini Taco Boats
- Copy Cat Taco Seasoning Mix
Easy Fresh Homemade Guacamole
Simple, delicious, and easy to make! Did I mention it was healthy too?
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer or Condiment
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 4 medium sized ripe avocado, rough chopped
- 2 small roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- optional: diced cilantro and hot sauce for additional heat
- Prep your ingredients
- In a small dish add avocado, tomato, onion, and lime.
- Add jalapeno and salt to taste.
- Mix all ingredients with a fork.
- Serve as a dip with chips or vegetables, or as a condiment/topping for your favorite Mexican, chicken, beef, pork, fish, and egg dish.
I Would Love To Hear From You!
- Tell me how your healthy eating plan going? How do you juggle your diet plan with your lifestyle and family needs?
- Let me know how you like these recipes. Maybe you made the recipe but a different variation? I would love to hear about it!
- Get your recipe featured on this site! Feel free to send any of your favorite healthy recipes and I’ll select a few from our readers to add to the site – and you’ll get all the credit! Please only send recipes of your own creation!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up For Our Newsletter So You Don’t Miss Any Recipes
We’d love for you to sign up for our newsletter so you can get all the tasty goodness straight into your inbox. xoxo