This Frozen Brussel Sprouts Air Fryer recipe is a quick and easy vegetable side dish. 6 ingredients - straight out of your pantry - and less than 20 minutes to make. These babies are delicious and addicting to eat - plus they're gluten free, low carb, and keto-friendly too! 🙂
Why You'll ❤️ Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
"Brussel sprouts are simply delicious - and easy - from frozen. Cooking frozen brussel sprouts in the air fryer makes them crispy on the outside, so you get that lovely roasted flavor."
If you're a brussel sprout lover, be sure to try one of these delicious side dish recipes: Maple Balsamic Brussel Sprouts, Crispy Brussel Sprouts in AIr Fryer, Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, or this tasty Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad with Pomegranate and Pecans!
Air fryer frozen brussel sprouts are a timesaver on busy weekdays. They're so convenient - they come pre-prepped, and they can stay frozen for months.
Quick and Easy
Frozen vegetables are a super simple side dish to throw together any night of the week! You just have to lightly drizzle with oil, season, then air fry. From there, add parmesan cheese or any other seating such as red pepper flakes, garlic powder, etc.
Air fryer frozen brussel sprouts are low carb, keto-friendly, low-calorie, gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30. Make it vegan by omitting the cheese! It's already keto friendly but if you need more fat serve it with a sauce, see the Variation section below for ideas.
🥘 What You'll Need
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this frozen brussel sprouts air fryer recipe:
Frozen Brussel Sprouts - use the quantity you'd like to make and any brand you prefer. Or, try this air fryer brussel sprouts version if you have fresh ones.
Olive Oil - use any kind of oil you prefer, such as extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, or grapeseed oil.
Kosher Salt - sea salt can also be used. If you use table salt you will need to use less. If you aren't sure, use half the amount then add more to taste after air frying.
Ground Black Pepper
Italian Seasoning - this is an unsalted herb blend easily found in the grocery store. If you don't have just mix a little basil, oregano, and
Parmesan Cheese - I use finely grated in this recipe but use what you prefer.
For exact ingredient quantities, please see the recipe card below!
🔪 How To Cook Frozen Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
Here are the step-by-step instructions for making this frozen brussel sprouts air fryer recipe:
Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F.
Add frozen brussel sprouts to a medium-sized bowl, then drizzle sprouts with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Transfer the brussel sprouts to the air fryer basket and the air fryer for 10 minutes. Shake the basket and return to heat and cook until desired tenderness is reached, approximately 6 to 10 more minutes (depending upon the model of your air fryer).
Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the brussels sprouts and then transfer to a serving bowl or plate.
🥗 How To Serve It
Here are a few ways to serve this frozen brussel sprouts air fryer recipe:
Serve the brussels sprouts as is, or you can top them with chopped fresh herbs such as chives, parsley, or cilantro.
Dip them or drizzle with Creamy Dill Salad Dressing, or Big Mac Sauce.
Air Fryer Meal Idea! - Try these Garlic Parmesan Wings Air Fryer Recipe or the Lemon Pepper Wings! Serve these Air Fryer Cheese Curds on the side with these Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts. So so good!
Here are a few ways you can vary or make substitutions to this recipe:
- Top your brussel sprouts with some bread crumbs mixed with a little bit of melted butter then air fry for 1 to 2 more minutes for a delicious added crunch!
- Omit the parmesan cheese if you are looking to make this recipe vegan. You could always substitute with a vegan cheese of your choice!
- Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or onion powder.
- Drizzle some freshly squeezed lemon juice over top of the brussels sprouts.
- Make it spicy with some crushed red pepper flakes! You could also add cayenne or chili powder if you'd like to.
💭 Top Tips
- There are temperature variances among air fryer units. Know your air fryer and adjust this recipe accordingly.
- Do not overcrowd the basket. Air fry the vegetables in a single layer. More space in the basket gives more caramelization and more flavor.
- Preheat the air fryer for best results.
How To Store
To store, cool your leftovers uncovered in the refrigerator. Once they are cooled, cover them in an air-tight container and store them for up to 4 days.
How To Reheat
Reheat in the air-fryer to regain caramelization and crispiness. Microwaving and sauteing can re-introduce moisture causing your brussel sprouts to get soggy.
No, for this recipe, you do not need to thaw frozen brussel sprouts before cooking them in the air fryer.
Yes, you most definitely can! Follow our recipe card below for instructions!
Air-fried and roasted brussel sprouts are not bitter once cooked. When roasted or air-fried, the cooking process helps bring out their natural sweetness and evaporate some unwanted moisture that can cause bitterness.
Initially, place the brussels sprouts in the air-fryer for 10 minutes at 390 degrees. Then shake the air-fryer basket and return the brussels sprouts to the heated air-fryer for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until the desired doneness has been reached.
✔️ More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
I've got more delicious air fryer vegetable recipes for you!
- Frozen Broccoli in Air Fryer Recipe
- Frozen Cauliflower in Air Fryer Recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- Crispy Brussel Sprouts in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
- Air Fryer Beets With Rosemary and Balsamic Glaze
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
Air Fryer Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- 1 10.8 ounce frozen bag of brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ tablespoon parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- Preheat air fryer to 390°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl add frozen brussel sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the brussel sprouts to the air fryer basket and cook for 16 to 20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through. Air fry until the desired tenderness is reached.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the brussel sprouts then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Don't miss all of our helpful hints, substitution ideas, cooking tips, and other delicious recipes that can be found in our post. Check it out!
- VARIATIONS: Drizzle with a squeeze of lemon, and add some crushed red pepper flakes if you like a little spice.
- TOP TIPS: There are variances in air fryer cooking times so cooking time is an estimate. Check after 10 minutes and continue cooking and checking doneness until the brussel sprouts are done to your liking.
© 2023 Seeking Good Eats™
Leave a Reply